Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

This is absolutely not fair

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Tzelofachad, Oct 13, 2024 at 12:42 PM.

1. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the fruma thing is a good argument, but when I speak of rewards I dont mean the spectral ticket, i mean the Sigil of Souls (? I think thats the name of the item) its the one you get from finding every spirit and bounty spirit. i want to get it as a collectible.
    I agree that it is a difficult question for what to do when fruma comes out and is probably questlocked. One solution is to reuse locations for normal spirits, and only make new ones for bounties, but this isnt the most satisfactory solution. The question does need thought, but the way you are doing it now is the wrong answer.

2. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you're telling me its impossible to expect a casual player to be level 100, but they're able to decipher whatever the hell this means?
    upload_2024-10-14_16-7-51.png

imo events like these are already tailored to more experienced players (especially spirits, this is the least casual-friendly hunt they have), and they're here to give older players something to come back to
    i don't think it's that big of a deal that some spots are inaccessible to the noobs if it means there's more cool hiding spots to look for
    most low-leveled players are really only doing the event for the crates anyway, why would a low level player care about the cool but useless collectible they'd get for 100%ing the event?

WithTheFish likes this.
  3. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A: use the wiki
    B:how would your average level 106 understand that either
    C: how do you know what low level players are doing it for? I always liked to complete events whatever level I was at!

starx280 likes this.
  4. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the wiki kind of defeats the purpose and fun of a hunt, no? at that point why not just suggest every spirit be in the middle of detlas
    i am looking at this hunt through a vacuum, as the developers obviously do not intend for you to just google the answers, and what's left is a very challenging hunt. i've been here for 9 years and i didn't even know that spot existed. but the point i'm trying to make there is that the hunt definitely favors those who have some serious map knowledge
    and I can't imagine there being any serious overlap between low-level players and people who want the final hunt cosmetic. Players are gonna do the event because it's fun, but I don't think they're gonna lose their shit if they can't find everything (even if they google and discover that they can't access a spirit!)
    it's a very niche reward for a very niche hunt that i don't think the vast majority of low level players would even want

5. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Samsam101
    upload_2024-10-14_16-32-37.png

6. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    we have decided for several festivals now to not worry about quest-locked or level-locked locations for the Harder locations (bounty spirits, bonus scavenger hunts, etc). this is because following this restriction is incredibly limiting for us to place the (intended to be) hard locations. none of the daily spirits are quest-locked, only these bounty ones

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ^ what I said earlier. There's only so many places to put caches/spirits/etc

8. Tzelofachad

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well i wish i would have known that. can you make some sort of public statement that you have rescinded this objective?
    Also i guess we can lock this thread now because this is not a good place to argue the decision, that would need its own thread and I dont want more fighting if it was just a misunderstanding over ct goals.