Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Swordsman Class Concept [lowkey high effort] [wip]

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by RandomDuckNerd, Oct 11, 2024 at 8:05 PM.

Tags:
  1. RandomDuckNerd

RandomDuckNerd RandomDuckNerd HERO

Minecraft:
    A while ago I thought about how it's weird that there isn't a class that uses a sword, and then I started thinking of a bunch of ideas and only now have I written all of these down. Please give your thoughts on this!!!

btw if you're wondering why I posted this in the normal wynncraft forum and not the suggestion one, that is because this is not an actual suggestion for the game, just an idea I had. (i mean i wouldn't mind if some of these ideas were added in some form to the game winking emoji)

DISCLAIMER: Dark Mode is recommended for this thread, if you didn't already have the forums on Dark Mode.

As this is a big thread and I want to get feedback as I'm making it, I released it unfinished! Don't worry, I'll update it over time until I run out of ideas or just things to say.

Overview
    The Swordsman class uses a Sword and Shield as its weapon. The Sword is quite self-explanatory, a basic melee weapon with range in between a spear and dagger. The Shield is more complicated, being able to be held up for at most 5 seconds by pressing and holding SNEAK, taking 30% less damage while active. Once the shield is put down, there will be a cooldown of double however long you held it up for. Along with that, you cannot use your Main Attack or cast Spells while your shield is up. Even with the shield, this class will have 100% base resistance like the other melee classes.

This might be a useless detail, but my idea for a rank exclusive skin for this class would be the Swashbuckler, which would have more piratey looking spells! Speaking of...

Spells
    Swing [R-L-R]
    Mana Cost: 33
    It swings a big sword in front of you, doing good AOE damage. Pretty standard spell.

Shield Surf [R-R-R]

Mana Cost: 33
    Very similar to Shield Surfing from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild but you also get propelled forward when you cast the spell to get some starting momentum. You can use your main attack, but casting spells doesn't do anything (yet) while moving on your shield, and pressing SNEAK takes you off of your shield.

Sharpen Sword [R-L-L]

Mana Cost: 50
    Makes your next hit do
    double damage! (If you use an AOE attack like Swing after casting, all hits from Swing will do double damage) Along with critical hits and Swing, you could do some insane damage with this. (Does not stack if you use it multiple times before attacking)

Sharpen Shield [R-R-L]

Mana Cost: 50
    Similar to Sharpen Sword, Sharpen Shield makes you take 50% less damage while your shield is up the next time you use it instead of 30%. (Does not stack if you use it multiple times before raising your shield)

That's all for the spells, let's move on to the...

Archetypes

Mercenary
    Mercenaries use a variety of charged up attacks to turn the tides of battle in their favor. (Delayed Damage, )

Notable Mercenary Skill Points:

Roughly ordered from top of the Skill Tree to the bottom.

Wind Up - Holding SNEAK for 3 seconds will both increase Swing's damage and make it go fully around you.

Vehicle Master
    Vehicle Masters use a wide range of vehicles to do practically whatever one would need! (Versatility, Vehicles)

Notable Vehicle Master Skill Points:

Roadkill - Hitting an enemy while on your Shield or any other vehicle will do a varying amount of extra damage to them, depending on the vehicle.
    Cannoneer - Casting Swing while on your Shield or any other vehicle puts you on top of a Cannon that shoots cannonballs at where you're looking when you use your Main Attack.
    Ambulance - Casting Sharpen Shield while on your Shield or any other Vehicle puts you in a Wagon that heals both you and allies close to you. You are unable to use your Main Attack
    while in the Wagon, but you take
    30% less damage from all sources while in it.
    Second Seat - Expands your vehicles to allow 1 ally to ride with you, adding extra offensive elements for vehicles that attack.
    Corkian Cruiser - Casting Sharpen Sword while on your Shield or any other vehicle puts you in a Corkian Mech Suit that throws a punch when you use your Main Attack.
    Airship - Casting Shield Surf while on your Shield or any other Vehicle puts you in an Airship that lets you freely fly around at the cost of not being able to use your Main Attack.

Parrier
    Parriers precisely raise their shield when about to be attacked to stagger enemies and set them up for an early grave. (Support, High Risks)

Notable Parrier Skill Points:

Immovable Object - Having your Shield up makes you immune to knockback.
    Parry - Raising your Shield right before an enemy hits you will Parry their attack, stunning them and making them take more damage from all sources for a few seconds.
    Primed Parry - All effects of Parry are amplified if Sharpen Shield is used before it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024 at 8:13 PM
    Cala and Deusphage like this.
  2. BladedEdge

BladedEdge Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    first

also smh finish the last archetype

3. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    Thank you for making half the thread actually unreadable

RandomDuckNerd, Gogeta and Elytry like this.
  4. cellestee

cellestee Certified shaman lover <3 HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cool idea, i feel like sharpening spells could just be combined rather than taking up 2 whole spell slots since it would kinda make rotation just sharpen > melee > sharpen > melee etc instead have them combined and give the class another unique spell? or make them trigger alongside some kinda attack like a sharpening spin or something :D

5. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "i don't use light theme or dark theme, i use GRAY THEME! suffer equally"

6. RandomDuckNerd

Minecraft:
    Honestly if you have any of the light modes on you have bigger problems than not being able to see the text in this thread

7. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i think the other half is unreadable in dark mode as well mr. gray theme user

8. RandomDuckNerd

Minecraft:
    I use starry night and it's fine for me

9. RandomDuckNerd

Minecraft:
    ct member liked the thread lets go

Interesting ideas, but I like the stupid 'sharpening shield' name