Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Resource Pack Wynncraft: Fables & Legends Resource Pack!

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Rythew, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Weekly Update! Don't burn me at the stake just yet, for missing last week, because I did update Idol!

Hi Hi!

As is ritual at this point, thank you for 7,000 (nearly 8k!) downloads! Crazy what Olinus' modpack did for the download count.

7000d.png
    Phenomenal.
    Ok, so. Update. I was going to do the reliks this time, but I decided on daggers instead. Here's the Earth Daggers, they're pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

dagger_earth_showcase.png
    The Earth Daggers. I think the image resolution is a bit too much. Also the 3rd one is animated.
    Before I reveal the new Idol, a quick intermission to say why I missed the last weekly progress update. I kinda just forgot, and I didn't do much last week. Ok, Idol:

idolnew.png
    Keeping the same vibes, but a lot less chunky! To be honest, I prefer it. Shouldn't have been so stubborn :saltedhigh:. Also haven't done the Shiny version yet, my bad.
    On the rest of the pack: I haven't yet found a good way to optimise it. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Also the emissive textures are coming along nicely, and I have just a few more models to overhaul until they are, mostly, on par with my standard.

Anyways, that's all for this week. Tune in next week (not, I'll probably miss the next two weeks because exams and stuff), where I'll delve into probably more daggers, or possibly a curveball relik set! Who knows?

P.S: If you want an ETA for the next update, I'm looking June-July, possibly even August. I might post a hotfix (should be a coldfix for how long the issue lasted) which makes regular Mythics actually work.

Take care,
    //Rythew

Elysium_, weeb, Gogeta and 4 others like this.
  2. Naush

Naush Travelled Adventurer

for some reason, my monster and collapse have vanilla textures even with the pack on top of my resource pack list, any idea why this might be the case?

3. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that's a bug, I will have it updated later today. This isn't the first time I've noticed/been informed of this bug, but thanks anyway. No idea why it took me so long to update, sorry.

//Rythew

Preview for v1.9

Didn't wanna keep you guys waiting for too much longer, so today I've released a Preview for 1.9 - Aria Flights. It's only the CITR version for now, but if you want an OF version, just tell me and if there's enough people I'll get to work on it. Please note that this will probably have bugs, malfunctions, and unfinished models, which is why I have released it in the BETA channel on Modrinth.

It doesn't include the updated default weapons.

Here's the link:

As always, bug reports, feedback and suggestions are very much appreciated. I will probably end up releasing another preview if this is a terrible buggy mess. I mainly just wanted to release this in order to address the bug that no regular Mythic weapons work (because the entire root Mythics folder vanished for v1.8), and hopefully this works, but if not, I will absolutely release another preview.

Take care,
    //Rythew

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  4. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Not dead yet.

20000d.png
    Big Number. Thank you all again!
    Two things to say today.

Sorry for the lack of activity. I've been busy with other things lately and so I have had less time to dedicate to the pack. Now that my schedule has somewhat cleared up for the next month or so, expect a few more breaths from this project- it's not dead quite yet.

I'm thinking about abandoning the '& Legends' part of the pack. While I have made minor history by remodelling every Legendary and above weapon in Wynn, I know that it will be very hard to maintain post 2.1. In the next version of the pack, I will only include models I have put my heart and soul into, now prioritising quality over quantity, in spite of some of the abysmally-executed weapons of 1.9 (especially some lower level weapons). By the way, 1.9 will not be releasing as a full version, because 1.9's direction and main goal was to bring everything up to scratch. The next pack update, 2.0, will effectively start the pack again. This is to be done in order to ensure every model is high quality. I am not giving myself any obligation to remodel all Mythics, or all Fableds, etc. With that being said, they will probably be completed in due time, if the pack does not die.

So, in light of that, here's a sneak peak of what's to come. This is Cerberus, a new Fabled wand for Wynncraft 2.1.

cerberus.png
    A good start, I think. it might lack some features that say that it's a wand, so if you have any ideas, let me know!
    That's all for this time.

As always, take care, and I'll be back sometime within the next century.

//Rythew

5. Rythew

Minecraft:
    It hasn't been a century yet.

Today I have two models for you all: Lunar Spine and a new weapon for 2.1 - Wanderer's Purpose.

lunar_spine.png
    Lunar Spine
    I think this one turned out way better than the one from F&L 1.9. I feel like it flows together much better with a more unified palette.
    wanderers_purpose.png
    Wanderer's Purpose
    I took a lot of inspiration from the default Earth bow for this, as I felt like it fit the weapon quite nicely already.
    That's all for this week. Progress is coming along nicely, and I aim to have about 15 weapons in the initial release of 2.0. I have only done a few weapons so far (see spoiler tag below), so if you have any suggestions, drop them below, and I will prioritise getting them done!
    • Cerberus
    • A16-L31 Handheld Mortar
    • Judas
    • Lunar Spine
    • Wanderer's Purpose
    • Infernus Aerterna

I'll keep you all updated if CIT Resewn ever decides to resurrect itself and update to MC 1.21.

As always take care, and I'll see you all some time later in the next 2,000 years.

//Rythew

Elysium_, Silent Boss, Lu1g0 and 4 others like this.
  6. Arikage

Arikage Archangel main VIP+

Minecraft:
    OMG I just saw your exploited model in game thanks to a friend and it looks AWESOME, you did such as epic job!
    (Super glad you liked my drawing haha, it looks so epic)
    Now I just need to work out how to get the pack working for me

The amount of work for all the different models is incredible, prop to that :000

Rythew likes this.
  7. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Progress Update!

The next update is going to have about 15 models, which is a pretty decent amount that I am about halfway through doing. I'll include a few Mythics, but the rest will probably come in groups of a handful per update, in order to ensure quality.

This week I worked on Deliverance, which is a pretty cool model for such a lacklustre wand, in my opinion.

deliverance2.gif
    It spin
    That's all for this week. I decided to cut the waffling out because I didn't have that much to say.

As always, take care, and I'll see you next time.
    //Rythew

Last edited: Aug 19, 2024
  8. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Progress Update Time!

Hi Hi!

Next update's gonna have more than 15 models. I've decided its effectively pointless to release the pack without CITR being updated, so I guess I'll just continue progressing with the pack until it is updated (unless someone screams at me to release the pack now, in which case I probably will).

This week's all assassin. Blossom Haze and Nullification. Enjoy.

blossom_haze.gif
    Blossom Haze. People seemed to like the F&L version of it, so I remade it with a bunch more voxels, gave it an animation,
    and I think it turned out pretty cool.

nullification.gif
    Nullification. I thought the default basic gold dagger model fit it, so I just gave it more detail and an elemental effect.
    That's all for this week. Here's a list of the completed weapons thus far.
    Nullification
    Nirvana
    Cerberus
    A16-L31 Handheld Mortar
    Deliverance
    Blossom Haze
    Infernus Aeterna
    Wanderer's Purpose
    Botched Experiment
    Judas
    Lunar Spine

As always take care, and I'll see you next week. Probably.
    I really hope the gifs don't break themselves again, thanks forums.
    //Rythew

9. MarceloShin

MarceloShin No mercy

Minecraft:
    Olá do Brasil. Obrigado pela textura. vou baixá-la imediatamente. : salgado alto:

Marcelo ici et bon jeu à tous.

Rythew likes this.
  10. bob10234

bob10234 wabaldedablede HERO

Minecraft:
    Some very exciting stuff for Wynncraft resourcepacks in the new Minecraft snapshot that came out today. Praying for CIT to update in the meantime I MISS YOUR PACK SO MUCH!!!!

Rythew likes this.
  11. Rythew

Minecraft:
    The new snapshot is actually huge for resource packs, and I haven't been actively following the snapshots so thank you for enlightening me! Sorry for the lack of progress updates, I've been busy (as usual) recently so I haven't been able to make very many models, but rest assured that I do have stuff cooking.

bob10234 likes this.
  12. bob10234

bob10234 wabaldedablede HERO

Minecraft:
    CITResewn for 1.21 just came out!

Rythew likes this.
  13. weeb

weeb professional time waster CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    time to try out the pack again, as cit resewn is actually updated now

edit: looks like it doesn't work? idk... maybe im doing something wrong, but i dont think i am

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
  14. Rythew

Minecraft:
    You're right, it doesn’t work right now because Wynn 2.1 uses iron horse armour for all weapon models instead of shovels, shears, etc. I'll try update it as soon as possible.

15. Rythew

Minecraft:
    We have updated to 1.21!

You can find the update here:

https://modrinth.com/resourcepack/wynncraft-fables-legends/version/FLC9
    Huge thanks to SuspicioustPig for single-handedly doing the heavy work for me!

This update does not include the sneak peeks I've been posting for the last few weeks.

Take care, and I'll be back soon with some new teasers!
    //Rythew

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
    Brutakah, Little Ghost and Elysium_ like this.
  16. Saby

Saby Shaman Supremacist HERO

Minecraft:
    Love the pack, great work.
    One issue I've noticed is that the pack will take priority over certain in-game weapon cosmetics, such as the newly added ones from the recent bonfire event, while it doesn't for the older ones. Any way you'd be able to fix this?

17. Rythew

Minecraft:
    I'll have a look into it, could you enable F3 + H and tell me what the item is (the minecraft bas item)?

18. Saby

Saby Shaman Supremacist HERO

Minecraft:
    iron_horse_armor is the Relik which I'm using. Hovering over the cosmetic Relik I've selected to use is golden_shovel.

If you need pictures, message me @sabyism on Discord, I'm unable to upload them here due to not meeting requirements.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
    Rythew likes this.
  19. Little Ghost

Little Ghost Your favourite vessel CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    really good pack!! definitely going to start drawing this interp of hero for oc reasons
    though, issue is, i've been trying to figure out why it wont work for me; i've installed CITR for a while now but this pack is the only one that doesn't want to work for some reason.....

i've tried with mythos, wynnarmor and other texture packs and they've worked just fine- but i cant seem to figure out why this one refuses to work for only me. im not sure if its a conflicting mod (somehow? which would be odd, due to the fact every other pack had worked fine) or a conflicting resource pack (which shouldnt be the case! i only have ramlets and fuller leaves) so i guess im here now

Rythew likes this.
  20. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Thanks! The only reason I can think of for the pack not working for you is that you're not on 1.21. If you are, I genuinely have no clue (sorry). Other than that, I guess just order this pack above the others, maybe?