Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Opinions on aspect scrapping?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by FoxxoChan, Sep 14, 2024.

?

Agree or disagree

1. Agree (feel free to state why below)

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
  2. Disagree (feel free to state why below)

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aspects have been a boiling issue in rekindled and just now its reaching the critical point with this week's extremely bad aspect pool, with crafted raid spammers blinding the devs by making them think getting aspects is too easy and lucky people making it seem like the system is balanced, more and more people have quit raiding ever since rekindled launched.

And after several talks in the wynncraft discord we came to a conclusion that one of the main things that would solve the issue bad aspect luck has become would be Aspect Scrapping, in my opinion the only solution that will fix the problem aspect luck has become, after several talks in the discord and refining the system, i think i have a pretty good idea of what the system could look like.

image_2024-09-14_164820971.png

Hitting the scrap button would take you to the scrap menu, straightforward.

image_2024-09-14_164831569.png

In the scrapping menu, first you place the aspect you want to obtain (meaning its a pre-requisite you get the aspect you want to get, to not make the system OP) as if you were to identify an item with corkian amplifiers, then you put in any aspects of your choosing to scrap, and you can get +1 of your desired aspect

The rates would be as follows

4:1 for mythics
    8:1 for fableds
    12:1 for legendaries

It would work similarly to the cosmetic system, you can only use legendary aspects to earn legendaries, only fabled aspects to earn fableds, and only mythic aspects to earn mythics, no janky logic.

It's the cleanest solution to the issues that encouraging generalist gameplay bring, in a manner similar to how tome slot requirements got removed because they also encouraged generalist gameplay, hell, the ability tree exist to encourage highly specialized gameplay, and the aspect reward system just sucks in this regard and makes raiding extremely unsatisfying, when you need to minmax everything to even get something remotely close to worth your time raiding becomes extremely sloggy

Dream, Locky1110, Th0mas1 and 6 others like this.
  2. cheese2Uman

cheese2Uman Was playing Wynncraft before there were quests HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea! I've been discouraged from raiding for the past few weeks because the mage aspects have been slim. I just want to max out my cone of cold!

At the least I think they should give each class the same amount of possible aspects per raid. It feels pretty disheartening when half of the aspects available are for a single class you don't play.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 1:35 AM
    Badatpvp, smugleafthesmug and Gogeta like this.
  3. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    I do sometimes get the impression that the game is balanced around the expectation that the average player is as powerful and as tanky and as wealthy and as online and as lucky as the top 0.0001% outliers.
    This would certainly be useful. Since there are only a few aspects I like, I only raid when they're in the pool. But then I end up with like 80000 of the same ten aspects, and everything else is at like 1 or 2 copies. Once I get into overflow, I'd definitely feel more encouraged to raid, if I knew I wasn't wasting my time on 50% of my rewards being unusable.

4. IHateMosquitoes

IHateMosquitoes Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This would be really nice for more casual players that don't have time to grind a specific aspect when it's in the loot pool. The only problem I see is that when an aspect isn't in the pool players will instead do the fastest and easiest raid to get as many aspects to scrap.

5. SirBob27

SirBob27 professional moron, wynncraft noob, brokie

Minecraft:
    I've already almost entirely quit running raids, and it's only been a month since Rekindled released. It just doesn't feel worth it to run a raid to get only aspects on a class I don't even play. A system like this would be really helpful and would definitely get me back into raiding.

6. axia

axia Travelled Adventurer

I think it would be cooler if copies of already maxed out aspects turn into le or powders

smugleafthesmug likes this.
  7. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I think aspects should just refresh every 3 days instead of every week. Raids are so quick that I don't think players need an entire week to grind out the aspects they want. And if it rotates every 3 days, they can just move to a new raid to follow the aspects they want - and if it's not in the pool, then it's less time to wait

8. Th0mas1

Th0mas1 Gamer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This would most likely make me play more, as if I see that I'm not intersted in any aspects, then I don't play that week.

I think the system could be refined from your suggestion, something like scrapping aspects to blank aspects points, that you can use to reroll.
    And automatically get these blank aspect points when you recieve an aspect you have maxed out. Perhaps also just as a random drop from raids.
    These could perhaps also be used to directly uprage aspects, or roll for aspects in a specific class, but the more specific the higher the cost.

smugleafthesmug likes this.
  9. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There definitely should be SOME kind of reward alternative. I agree

itay_ likes this.
  10. Hannahful

Hannahful Well-Known Adventurer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    Good idea I would like to see this implemented

11. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another week, another awful aspect pool, the devs should really add this

12. Enter34

Enter34 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As a assasin main I am OK with this pool lol. My favourite raid NOL has all assasin mythic if the glitch with summoner and trickster mythic is still in the game but besides that it's probably the worst Pool ever