Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide The Shaman Issue

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DabberDabs, Aug 1, 2024.

1. DabberDabs

DabberDabs Travelled Adventurer

Shaman. Currently one of worst classes in the game dont get me wrong shaman on its own is incredably good, it has great healing, damage and the new frog dance ability is amazing but compared to other classes shaman is REALLY bad (no offense to shaman mains) Every class has a niche

Assassin can fly and has amazing spellspam
    Archer does amazing damage
    Mage is a jack of all trades
    Warrior has high damaging combos

Shaman has area control which sounds good on paper but in reality its just placing down your totem and spamming aura, while this gets the job done you can basically say all classes can have area control assassin has jasmine bloom, mage has arcanist , warrior has boiling blood and heck even archer has area control in the form of traps, while it can be said that shaman is the best at this, its not even true

Assassin with jasmine bloom has way more area control than shaman with the ability to just MOVE while you can move your totems with a mask, the majority of shamans play acolyte or summoner endgame and yes gnosis exists i don't feel like its worth sacrificing a helmet slot just for a major id

And lets be honest placing down your totem and spamming aura after while will get boring, while of course shaman isn't the most boring class in the game (*cough archer*) it can be changed to make it more varied

But the biggest problem with shaman is honestly the endgame, while grinding shaman is honestly the BEST with the ability to destroy enemies and get ALOT of xp, BUT when you reach endgame it starts to get tough while you can do boss alters, lootrunning and heck even dungeons easily and problem comes when you have to deal with RAIDS, lets be honest how many times have you seen a shaman in tna? because ive never seen one because of just how better the other classes are compared to it

and i feel like that's the MAIN problem its good but not compared to other classes it feels like a huge power gab between assassin and shaman this doesn't mean nerfing all the other glasses IT MEANS BUFFING SHAMAN, so if there's anything that you should take away from this, its that shaman > archer all day everyday

2. FlyingNon

FlyingNon Assassin enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean we can use the movement spell w/out totem with mask in 2.1 supposedly idk how it works I’m trusting this rando on my profile @Galaxias was it?

Wait wait wait, you said shaman has no niche but it does, it’s to try to give you carpal tunnel faster than assassin when trying to travel w/out Marcos (though assassin is still faster)

3. DabberDabs

Ah yes i forgot abt tht
    also no lie 20 MINUTES AFTER I POST THIS I GET MYTHIC ABSO FROM A CHEST

4. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's what the changelog said

5. DabberDabs

Thats actually want frog dance does

Frog Dance

When wearing the Mask of the Coward, Haul will instead bounce you off the ground 3 times at an increasing speed and damage nearby enemies.

Frog Dance does not require Totem to be used.

• Total Damage: 200% (of your DPS)

(es Damage: 150/ (e Water: 50%

Area of Effect: 4.5 Blocks (Circle-Shaped)

6. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm really curious, I've seen this around, but what exactly are the high damage warrior things?

7. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    The entirety of fallen

Gogeta likes this.
  8. Entity_PS

Entity_PS Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    archer does not have good dmg compared to shaman
    wait hold up why do you say shaman is worse class then immedietly say shaman > archer

9. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Shaman clears every class in aoe by a mile it just hasn’t had much endgame content that is aoe focused until 2.1

10. DabberDabs

Because of how boring archer is, in terms of dmg and other stuff it's better than shaman but I mean if your not having fun then what's the point

11. EZIOIO

EZIOIO Travelled Adventurer

bro shaman may not be the most fun class (like archer) but its not a bad class its actually really op if u consider it like u can use summoner and pretty much solo all dungeons the aoe is huge + the healing is also really good

12. DabberDabs

Aoe is outclassed by assasin
    Healing is outclassed by mage

13. GlassJarss

GlassJarss Shaman Main CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Specifically in the TNA boss I do feel like shaman is outdone by the other classes, but that's really a side effect of how movement-based that fight is, where it's tough for shaman to really dish out dps while the boss just runs away from your totems and dealing with watched (especially in rekindled) is tougher on shaman than other classes.

I don't really agree with some of the other points though. Shaman's crowd control is vastly better than any other class (though crowd control immune mobs are very common) and while aura spam is often the most effective way of doing dps there are plenty of fun options for changing the kit to make your combat more interesting (masks, summons, tether).

Overall I think shaman is in an ok place at the moment, there's room for some changes here and there (nerf absolution) but in general it's very solid when compared to other classes, there's definitely a place for shaman in any of the endgame content.

Gogeta likes this.
  14. DabberDabs

I defiantly agree, of course there can be some fun found in shaman and it is defiantly usable in endgame, this post was more leanent towards the power gab between classes but also to hear others options about shaman one again I agree with your points

15. EZIOIO

bro what wynncraft version are u playing that u said aoe is outclassed by assassin were u dreaming and writing this???

16. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, Greg is like a kid who can't sit still for 2 seconds lmao AND he's mostly the sole enemy.
    Literally the antithesis of Shaman's moveset.

What do you even do about that???
    Switch to a melee Shaman and chase him around and bonk him to death?? That's literally already what all the other classes are for :skull:

I'm kinda shocked that despite Rekindled revamping boss fights, Shaman in its current state (plus that one jump spell in beta) was considered okay to push out as-is.

17. EZIOIO

dude in rekindled greg is so MUCH MORE ANNOYING he JUMPS EVERY 2 SECONDS ITS SO ANNOYING

18. FlyingNon

FlyingNon Assassin enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What? In what world (ok maybe 2.1 is buffing light bender and stuff ) does Mage out heal Shaman?
    Abso best healing?
    Abso>Lament

19. SergeantDanger

SergeantDanger Lamp post VIP

Minecraft:
    The actual heal on Abso is better than lament but lament is far more useable imo (Abso dmg kinda stinky)

20. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Lament is better than abso