Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Major Announcement WYNNCRAFT: REKINDLED WORLD

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Jun 8, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's true, but I still think it'd be cool to see it be a little bit bigger. Though it does make sense lore-wise how small it is. Maybe there could just be some extra caves or other things available after you do NoL, though that seems like a lot of effort for little reward on the CT's part.

2. Femboy Orphion

Femboy Orphion Bi Furry Femboy (Average Wynncraft Player) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or dern. Or RoW.

3. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  4. OhScarlet

OhScarlet Blockhead

Minecraft:
    Beta in a few I see :]

5. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    changelog too

6. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Where have you seen this? Other than the fact that we can estimate they'll release the changelog in the next week or so, followed by the beta (but that's just based on previous evidence)

Have the CT posted somewhere that they'll drop the changelog/beta on a specific date?

(I know they said there'll be more news on the beta by the end of the month, but that's no guarantee that we'll GET the beta by the end of the month, or even that we'll get the changelog)

Nukewarmachine, Gogeta and Elytry like this.
  7. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Listening to the previews of the reworked soundtrack, I gotta say I ... much prefer the old noteblock soundtrack.

8. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    New songs are awesome d(^^

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  9. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Screen 2024-06-30 à 14.15.26.png

That_Chudley and KingQwerty like this.
  10. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah. For me the instruments are very hit or miss. Staring into the Abyss, Journey, and Earthquake were pretty good in my opinion, but Journey lost a lot of the godlike and etherealness that made it cool. But the other soundtracks just weren't amazing in my opinion. The boss themes feel too cheerful and happy for what they are, which is an intense battle. Like, Play the Saviour is a battle between light and dark so you can save an entire province and its inhabitants from being turned into a cruel manifestation of the forces of evil. And yet the song is all happy, high pitched, and cheerful. I have to cut the composer some slack because the original song was like that too, but I still feel like the choices of instruments weren't amazing. And Distant Tremors? Bruh... you're going into the nest of gentle giants who have been infested and decayed by the darkness to kill them so that the other members of their species don't fall to the same fate and so that they don't destroy the province. And yet the song is cheery, upbeat, and just really bright. I don't get it. All the songs just seem more generic now and less Wynncrafty. They feel less unique compared to the original sounds, just something you could hear in any other minecraft server with custom note block sounds. I'm not sure if there are any of those besides Wynn (lol), but it just feels like a slightly different version of the vanilla note block sounds and not like a unique MMORPG server.

That said, there are a lot of good things about it too. There's a lot more room for unique songs with the wider variety of instruments, and Staring into the Abyss and Earthquake are just absolute bangers. Though I do have some gripes with Journey and The Abyss Stares Back, they are overall cool songs that I think will add a lot to the enjoyability of the experience.

Elytry and KingQwerty like this.
  11. Femboy Orphion

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    my main problem exactly. I dont want to be overdramatic, but like... YEAH Play the Saviour should be an intense song because it is freeing the world from a 1000 year oppressive force. Like... the stakes have never been higher. They said it was hard to get the guitars in there, which is very unfortunate. I think a mixture of Texilated old orchastration (for the guitar and edginess) and VillagerFilms rendition (specifically the tubular bells) would have been a perfect version of the song. Intense, dramatic, but hopeful.

What I am a little... annoyed with is that I presume that violin was also impossible to get with the new sound system. I'm sure we have all listened to PixelString's town remakes, which are the definitive versions of the songs. They also happen to have the violin as the main instrument normally. I kinda wish they would just upload mp3 files so they would have ultimate freedom. That probably wouldn't work though. I get the idea of the charm of noteblocks but... that usually doesn't get my friends to listen tbh...

12. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah, having actual songs would be really cool but also kinda unfeasible since i feel like it would either A) have great orchestrations but they would take a long time to make, or B) have lower effort orchestrations that aren't as great but take less time. maybe there could be an option C that's a mix of both but i just don't see that happening lol. also i'm pretty sure someone on CT (maybe salted idk lol) that mp3s and even oggs take up a lot of space in the resource pack, let alone wavs. and that would heavily increase the resource pack load times which is a big reason why it hasn't happened IIRC.

i also see the noteblocks as a nice way to spark community engagement with the OST, with many people, including me, making orchestrations of the many songs. which is a very nice thing. (this is definitely not self advertising)

it's understandable that they can't really use sustained notes like electric guitars and violins. they did do some sort of pizzicato string sound which sounds really nice, but yea i can imagine an actual sustained violin would be really hard to implement well.

the issue for me is that they're using real instrument sounds but in NBS, which makes it sound less like a note block song and more like a lesser version of an actual orchestration. it just takes away a lot of the charm and simplicity the music currently has, and almost feels like it's trying to be something it's not. it's cool that they are pushing the limits of NBS but i don't think that it works for some songs, especially boss fights. and honestly imo the bell and flute sounds just don't sound good for boss fights at all, at least not as a lead instrument. it's too... cheery? if that's the word.

the simplicity of the original note block sounds made it work for anything and sound good, but now it feels too specific towards the calmer background tracks like Staring into the Abyss and Maple Chimes, which in turn makes it sound less good for other tracks, like fast paced boss fights.

don't get me wrong, the new soundfont is cool. but the old soundfont was able to be used in almost any kind of song and still sound like a classic wynncraft song, which the new ones can't seem to accomplish as well. the current style feels like note blocks, while the new one just... doesn't. maybe it's just something we'll have to get used to? probably. but for now, i feel like the old soundfont is superior for making the many different types of songs all sound good in their own way. but we will have to wait till beta to see how it feels and sounds in-game.

Elytry and KingQwerty like this.
  13. Femboy Orphion

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    too cheery yeah, i agree. Didn't VillagerFilms use 1 to 1 noteblock to instrument in his renditions of songs? Which had guitar.

Elytry and Elysium_ like this.
  14. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah i'm pretty sure he used Minemano's tutorial/MIDI, which are amazing, by the way. minemano is a literal godsend

Elytry likes this.
  15. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    finally!

...why would it be unbalanced if the timer was per character? does this not just punish you for playing on multiple classes?

16. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Did...did they nerf prof grinding? Am I seeing this right?

Gogeta likes this.
  17. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    What did they nerf about it?

18. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tomes no longer give gathering xp, unless I'm missing something.

Gogeta and Dr Zed like this.
  19. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    They did nerf it big time. You're seeing this right.

20. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Not exactly. Yes during current beta we no longer have the gathering xp bonus from tomes however though not through tomes we are supposed to still get this xp bonus through other means in final 2.1. As the Tome changes, although briefly, mention there is a planned system for this update that isn't finished yet that will reward us with all the main stats that tomes had (so mob dmg, mob dmg resistance and xp bonuses) for completing content book content. We don't yet know how exactly this feature will end up looking but it is in the plannings and makings and should be released at some point throughout the beta.

StevenPlaysMC_ and Melkor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.