Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

You should get hit by a missile NOW!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ThePurpleEmerald, Jun 27, 2024.

?

What is your favorite element out of ETWFA??!?!!11!1w11!!11

1. wrong

2. wrong

3. wrong

4. wrong

5. Air

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Hi there time for your annually reminder of classic Wynncraft charge shenanigans and how funny and fun and wacky and goofy and not at all terrible and inconsistent in the slightest

(Also because 2.1 is probably going to either discontinue or outright just remove most if not all old mob spells so now's my last time to do this)

Hi anyways yes time to talk about how cool and engaging and sick and radical it is as a mob spell

Like how it has an unfathomably large hitbox, effectively making charge less of a charge and more of a goddamned ballistic thermonuclear warhead!!!

[​IMG]
    (Like legit the boss was like miles away from the player when it landed what in tarnation is this this explains why Orange Cybel's charge always manages to clip my hitbox and damage me whenever it does its Push->Charge combo in its 4th phase)

Or how sometimes the spell can continue to damage the player even after the boss has died!!!

[​IMG]
    (Not sure whose idea it was to link charge's hitbox to the mob's model rather than... whatever disappears the moment an enemy dies)

And don't forget the inconsistency on whether it can damage you while the mob is still sailing through the air or not!!!

[​IMG]

Oh and also whatever the hell this is

[​IMG]

(Gotta be honest, I have no idea what the hell hit me. One moment Matrojan Idol was charging up the spell and the next tick I was dead without the boss even visually firing anything out)

(My best guess is charge because 1. charge's hitbox, funnily enough, COMES BEFORE THE VISUAL OF THE ACTUAL MOB MODEL FLYING TOWARDS YOU WHY DOES IT DO THIS and 2. charge is really the only dangerous damaging spell that Matrojan Idol phase 3 does)

(Why does the charge spell have an abnormally larger damage scaling than pretty much every other mob spell I've seen in LI, and why the hell is it so unavoidable for how much damage it deals)

[​IMG]

Anyways that's all for now for this sick epic spectacular mob spell!!!

2. Fleega

Fleega Sleeping Ultimate Chimera CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love shitty unfair hitboxes
    Finally video evidence of someone actually getting killed by a mob corpse too, been looking for that for years

3. ThePurpleEmerald

Getting heavy damage from dead mobs happens a lot for me in LI given how fast I kill the bosses so I just decided to film one

4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I always suspected something was janky with charge, but I just assumed it was just lag or something. Most mob spells have always been pretty janky now that I think about it (multi-hit comes to mind; when paired with pull/charge it’s a nightmare to dodge). Glad this update is finally adding proper telegraphing. Never thought it would’ve been possible.

That being said, I do wish they added shields or some sort of block mechanic so that way you have a way to reduce unavoidable damage like in these scenarios.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2024
    luckeyLuuk, Aya and BethJerry like this.
  5. FoxxoChan

FoxxoChan Wynnian Photographer, Eye Pet Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really wish we got some official responses with stuff like this, its been there for ages but never gotten fixed

Gogeta likes this.
  6. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

Let's hope that all of the spell jank gets fixed in 2.1. But, I'll be honest, I don't think it will. In fact, the spells will probably become more jank.

Gogeta likes this.
  7. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what the hell

8. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    instructions unclear. added mobs that fire actual missiles to 2.1

Last edited: Jun 28, 2024
  9. OhScarlet

OhScarlet Blockhead

Minecraft:
    I'm looking at you Corkus

10. ThePurpleEmerald

Charge->Multihit is perfectly fine, you can just get the boss to overshoot you and usually most of the time (At least for LI bosses) they telegraph this combo pretty well for me to anticipate it ahead of time

Dr Zed likes this.
  11. Ilikedogs

Ilikedogs Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    solution get more ehp :saltedhigh:

12. ThePurpleEmerald

13. ThePurpleEmerald

14. ThePurpleEmerald