Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What are your top 3 Fruma quests?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by WithTheFish, Apr 1, 2024.

Tags:
?

What are your favorite quests in 2.2? (vote for your top 3!)

1. The Imperial Gate

39 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. Undercover

10 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Behind Enemy Lines

24 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. Merciful Magic

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
  5. The Fruman Fae

17 vote(s)
    17.5%
  6. Chrysalis Part I

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  7. One Human Army

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
  8. Chrysalis Part II

41 vote(s)
    42.3%
  9. Professional Work

17 vote(s)
    17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone!

With Fruma being out for everyone for a few weeks now, I wanted to ask everyone what their top 3 quests are! Just vote in the poll above, and share your picks in the comments if you feel like it! Since there was still room in the poll, I decided to add Professional Work since it was added in 2.2, despite not being in Fruma itself (although no one's gonna vote for it lol).

As for my personal top 3:

1. Chrysalis Part II - yeah pretty sure this is everyone's favorite quest.

2. One Human Army - while there were definitely some parts of the gameplay that... aren't good (looking at you, chess puzzle), everything else was so incredible that I'll overlook that. It has some of the best lore on the server, and that final gameplay sequence might be the highlight of all of Wynncraft.

3. The Fruman Fae - definitely an unpopular quest, since this feels like the Fruma equivalent of The Olmic Rune, but I really loved this one. The gameplay is fun and really made me think, and it's nice to have a story disconnected from the main Fruma plotline, it makes the world feel more realistic.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  2. Ankarin

Ankarin Wise Mystical Tree CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now it may not be everyones’s favorite, but I’m a really big fan of the first 3 quests of Fruma. I really like how it introduces the new region while not being too restrictive, and lets you explore a good bit between objectives. Plus the boss at the end of undercover crazy, spoilers below.
    I really liked General Yeirvesh’s moveset because it inspired creativity on how to dodge it, while still requiring upmost focus from the players. I really liked the Brutal Charge attack because it was really crisp the way it swept across the arena, and it was crazy good feeling to dodge. It felt really good to learn the patterns and to eventually master the fight, I look forward to fighting him on future playthrough!

Elysium_ likes this.
  3. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine writing off Merciful Magic like that. Disgusting.
    [​IMG]

Melkor and MrYoghurt2004 like this.
  4. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly the CT really outdid themselves with this region, I don't think there was a single quest I didn't enjoy.
    That being said, here's my top 3:

1. Chrysalis Part II - Pretty self explanatory, but I also wanted to highlight how good the final bossfight was - it leaned a lot more into predicting and dodging attacks and just felt really clean overall.

2. Behind Enemy Lines - Even though this quest was insanely difficult, it was nice to have challenging fights alongside the more accessible ones. (Even though I don't think I could have beaten it if soul points hadn't been removed) It was also really well-written - it had a huge impact on the overall lore but still felt natural and everything that happened made sense.

3. Professional work - It's always nice to see a more unique plot in a quest, and Professional Work fulfilled that excellently. It really highlighted the experience of the soldiers and citizens of Fruma. as well as having the player take on a really interesting role in the plotline.

By the way, I think you missed a few of the quests in your list. Quests like Inefficient Bureaucracy aren't as flashy as the others, but having a few smaller light-hearted quests is still important to break up the main plotline.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  5. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Eh idk. I might be old and jaded but most of the quests didn't really do for me what the old classics did. Call me a party pooper but I'd honestly rather make a top 3 worst quests so

3. One Human Army - Yeah about that chess puzzle. I got really frustrated so I tried to teleport past the forcefield, which worked, but it bugged somehow because the next part of the quest was activated but the dialogue was frozen. Did /kill but now the whole quest is incompletable and I'm stuck with the amulet in my inventory. I know, my fault for trying to break it, but until they fix it I'm keeping this quest here in my list.

2. Undercover - The Imperial Gate but slower, longer, and with an easily-outclassed pair of pants as the reward. Need I say more?

1. Chrysalis Part I - I think the reason everyone is so forgiving to this one is because Part II is much, much better. I play this game for its stories, not really its combat, but this quest does neither well. They make a whole big deal about the Magicannon which you don't even get to use, the section with the Kopian Paste (haha, very funny) gets old real quick and when you finally go to storm the damn place, they just knock you out and then it's done??? It looked so fun in the trailer but I guess they scrapped it because it kept crashing the servers? That's just poor development.

Btw it's "Fae." I know you correctly spelled it in the poll but in the quest they make a fairly big deal out of how they're two separate species. Kinda makes me think you didn't really pay attention to it (which, I mean, fair if you ask me)

6. Alpacaturtleboy

Alpacaturtleboy Im a guy who is adiccted to wynncraft :) CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Fruma ain't even out

7. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What do you mean it's not out? It's been a few weeks since it released...

8. ikako

ikako Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    i loved the one where you get to start a farm and grow crops and make friends with the locals to build a community, i thought it was really cool and unique and something i've never really seen done in a videogame before. the rewards could be better though, it's not really a viable endgame emerald making method for most players, it's much quicker and easier to just do lootruns

9. Flufe

Flufe Le Furry Guy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What do you mean? They even added 2 new classes. A new rank, 2 new raids and 4 dungeons (2 normal 2 corrupt). The Netherite armor texture is sick. I love it.

Also the quests are some of the best in the game, I dont think I can choose just three. These are truly amazing.

10. ikako

Minecraft:
    i wouldn't really say the Alchemist is a new class, they basically stole the alchemist from BTD6 and mushed it into wynncraft. i mean come on, one of the paths allows you to throw buffing potions at yourself and teammates, another one weakens enemies to the point of doing 0 damage (BMA) and the other one is a summoner-lite whose abilities buff the summons (middle path alch). sure, he gets a ton of abilities outside of those that are pretty unique but we can all tell where they got their ideas from.
    the Electromage is really cool tho, shooting lightning out of my hands makes me feel like that old dude from Star War and calling down lightning bolts from the sky to smite my enemies is sick as hell. the movement ability being a dash forward which you can combo with other abilities to augment it and fly around a fight all over the place is one of the coolest things i've ever done in minecraft, props to them on that one. wish the Avo Shaman path was a bit better tho

11. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The way that everyone seems to worship Chrysalis II is just awful. Like, sure, there's a neat little bossfight at the end, and the quest as a whole has decent visuals, but that's where this quest's virtues start and end. The lore manages to mangle the character arc of Yrellix, something that people just seem to dismiss because he was a bad character to begin with - and, sure, he was, but this quest had the chance to redeem at least a scrap of his writing with his sacrifice to the Queen at the end of the quest; but, no, he continues to be just a poorly-written snivelling coward, who is utterly unhelpful and completely two-dimensional.
    The lore of the quest as a whole is pretty much incomprehensible. Unless you spend twenty hours a week browsing the wiki and are active in the WynnTheory discord, it's pretty much impossible to understand anything that's going on in it. They mention the Corruption - in Fruma, by the way, which it doesn't even make sense for the Corruption to be - and then they just defeat it in a single quest?? This manages to make the entirety of the early-game Corruption-fighting quests completely irrelevant. But that's somehow not even the main focus of the quest; it's just one of the many many ridiculous sideplots and unrelated tangents that this quest decides to go on.
    In its winding journey across Fruma, this quest also decides to introduce the entire cast of characters that we'll be dealing with in this province. It's one of the earlier quests, and sets up some plotlines that I'm excited to see play out later, but when a single quest introduces you to seventeen characters, it gets to be a LITTLE much.
    This quest seems to be trying to introduce the player to literally every questline that we're going to see in Fruma, which just does not work as a quest.

AlleonVera, Tzelofachad and hmtn like this.
  12. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Why does no one care about the Imperial Gate quest? I mean, sure it did have some strange moments (like reviving Aledar and killing him in the same quest???) and the cursed guard bossfight's wack moveset, but its execution was top notch, in my personal opinion.

Call it a skill issue, but I feel like the final bossfight in Chrysalis II was way too unfair. The Brutal Charge is cast way too frequently, and is really hard to dodge (especially with the new alchemist class). I feel like if they made the final bossfight not a Soulslike bossfight, this quest would be my favourite in the entire game.

Behind enemy lines has way too many characters, but has killer dialogue and cutscenes. That final duo bossfight is peak Wynn combat though.

I will also add (I know this isn't quest related), but the 2 new classes kinda don't feel Wynncraft enough. I mean, Alchemist basically has no use without party members, and electromage just feels like a jarring mesh between arcanist and acrobat?

I'd give the Fruma update a rotten cow head/10, great quantity of content, great quality, questionable decisions on the lore (removing zhight island was unreasonable).

13. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Chrysalis I, underrated gem

14. ikako

Minecraft:
    alchemist is really good solo, you just gotta be smart about it. the potions buff yourself as well as allies, and you can get some insane dps with that primary fire. i mean, an arcing projectile that explodes, dealing splash damage AND coating enemies which debuffs them and makes them take more damage is kinda cracked when you're throwing 10 or more of them a second. it's like lightbender, sure it's really good with allies but you can certainly make it work without them.
    i don't really care if electromage is kinda just two classes together, when it's executed this well and has gameplay this fun, it doesn't really matter. those two classes are really fun by themselves, so putting them together for a new class is bound to take it to another level entirely

Rythew likes this.
  15. QKhanh2308

QKhanh2308 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    idk about you but Realm of Light VI is definitely up there
    very emotional when Lari II have a 400 lines dialogue about how the light chose her without her consent and now she has to bear the load of her predecessor
    then at the end of the quest Lari III comes out and Lari all over the place, how emotional

16. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    I agree with what you're saying about alchemist, some of the abilities are definitely up there, but most of the abilities that are great for solo are only on the necromancer archetype (which, for those who don't know, is the SECOND class to have MORE summons than SUMMONER, WTF). I feel like Druid and necro could meld very well together, but their first red nodes cancel each other out, which is very unfortunate, as it could make some of druid's team-based abilities applicable to necromancer.

As for electromage, I guess my main gripe is that all three of the archetypes seem to focus on the same mechanic. Take warrior for instance (still the best class); you have Fallen, for risk and reward, battle monk for movement, and paladin for defence and tanking team damage. A perfectly balanced tree with paths for most playstyles. But then you look at electromage, which just feels like a higher range assassin with some arcanist abilities. Don't get me wrong, electromage is extremely fun to play, and it is nice to have so many abilities that effectively need no archetype req to unlock (which is great for customisation). Also, most of electromage's abilities deal almost exclusively thunder damage, which really sucks when an enemy has thunder def, but I guess this could be countered by Avo Shaman's Armour Corrosion ability, which nullifies elemental defs on enemies. I think electromage could do with some work, but it is pretty fun as is.

AlleonVera, Elysium_ and ikako like this.
  17. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i fucking hate fruma and would rather play Lost Tower than any of its quests, the content team has failed

18. Alpacaturtleboy

Alpacaturtleboy Im a guy who is adiccted to wynncraft :) CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ITS NOT HERE

_Unbeatable_ likes this.
  19. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you are all forgetting the best quest ever released within the Fruma update: The Forgotten Spire, a sequel to Lost Tower. Nyris comes back from the dead and asks you to go to the Forgotten Spires across the ocean and press a button there without fast travel, removing something that quests abundantly do which is making the game easier/more convenient (shut up qol liberal snowflake defenders, qol IS decreasing difficulty), and then after you do that you then have to manually travel from the most northeast corner of the map to the most southwest corner of the map along the ocean's edge to reach the Forgotten Spire to then kill the even more rotten necromancer, the necromancer's cousin from the first quest. Overall, the fact this is not a quest in the poll truly shows how blindsided all of the Wynncraft community is to its greatness, and I have to personally thank whichever GM made this, so thank you [insert @ here]

However, I will have to say that Professional Work is certainly also amazing for testing the player's endurance through grinding lv 120 professions. The Pepperium Trees along with Frumic Ore are great nodes added.

20. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I ignored the quests tbh. I was only interested in the new prof stuff. The new prof cap of 420 and T11 tools getting a deserved nerf to only 69 durability was perfect. People will look back at this update as truly magnificent.

Iboju likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.