Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

THE WIKI HAS MOVED!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Da Homeboi, Mar 20, 2024.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AFTER ALL THIS WAIT, WE HAVE FINALLY MADE THE WIKI.GG WIKI PUBLIC! FIND IT HERE!

This couldn't have been done without the following people, who I have to give a huge thanks to:
    • @EarthInSpace they did a whole bunch of CSS stuff and is the main person responsible for making the wiki look the way it is. Be sure to thank them for this if you have the chance!
    • The entire wiki.gg team for being especially helpful and kind for the onboarding process. This couldn't have been done without them and they need a huge round of applause for this.
    • @Markus_Rost who worked on making the wiki more readable and did a lot of sidebar shenanigans.
    • @Salted , @TrapinchO , BridgerofIndents, @colin350 and @FrozenEarth (he couldnt do much as he had irl stuff), me (i also did some editing but tbf i didnt have that much of a role in this) for supporting the move and helping us test the wiki.
    • The entire Wynncraft community for being the main ones served by it, and will continue to improve the wiki! (kudos to those who edit!)
    It has moved, but because Fandom will not close old wikis and has a nigh-monopoly on SEO, you can help the wiki by doing the following (it doesn't even have to be editing!):
    • Click on wiki.gg links instead of using the old Fandom links. Update all of your bookmarks to the new wiki as well for ease of access!
    • Spread the word! Let as many people in your life as you know that it has moved. Your friends, your family, Santa, everyone!
    • Improve the new wiki! Fix stuff like typos or broken links! Not all of your edits have to be major overhauls of certain pages!
    • Do not engage with the Fandom wiki. Do not improve it, click on it, or even vandalize it for that matter. All forms of engagement, even negative, can harm the new wiki's SEO and can give misleading information if it is vandalized.
    And there will also be certain perks for using this wiki, these being:
    • Limited, non-invasive ads. Ads on wiki.gg are not adslots sold to random companies that you'll ignore and hate, but are instead for games published by or partnered with wiki.gg's parent company, FreedomGames. These are usually made by smaller dev teams, so it's a great way to support their work! Also unlike Fandom, wiki.gg will only give you around 3 ads per page, one at the very top, another at the very bottom, and one on the side.
    • No aggressive brand promotion! Gone are the days of that sidebar, age popup, and fan feed for wikis you'll likely won't care about. The only brand promotion of the host is just two bars on the top and bottom which are out of the way for most of your time using it.
    • No degrading unannounced features! There will be no AI-generated quick answers that give false info, no ads that are wiki pages, and no integration into something that should not be a part of social media.
    • Faster load times! Which is due to there not being a whole bunch of ads and other stuff to load, alongside low memory usage as well!
    • And more!
    So to conclude, we have moved, and we hope that you can help this new chapter of the wiki unfold!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  2. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the real 2.1. A huge thank you to everyone who contributed to such a massive and worthwhile project!

BethJerry, Gogeta, NoGoodGod and 8 others like this.
  3. NecrowmancerLeam

NecrowmancerLeam Eye of Eternity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    FREEDOMMMMM
    DOWN WITH FANDOM :crab:

Da Homeboi and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  4. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

I’m going to pull a Calamity Mod

Da Homeboi, ReReverse and Ava Cart like this.
  6. MrYoghurt2004

MrYoghurt2004 Warrior Gang Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is about the best thing i could have woken up to today

major major thanks to everyone involved with this, seriously!

Gogeta and Da Homeboi like this.
  7. FlyingNon

FlyingNon Assassin enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

8. Enter34

Enter34 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cool but old links will show up. Still work it tbh

9. ikako

ikako Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    i submitted a form to Indie Wiki Buddy so hopefully they block the old one on the extension!

Avallon, Da Homeboi and Rythew like this.
  10. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great news!

11. EarthInSpace

EarthInSpace SPEAK UP - END APARTHEID - FREE PALESTINE HERO

Minecraft:
    A couple more important notes:
    • If you have an account on the Fandom wiki and you'd like to reclaim your username AND copy your editing history to the new one, there's a very easy process to do so at https://wynncraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Special:ClaimExternalAccount/! (This is also mentioned on the new front page, but for those who don't look there it's still good to know)
    • At the top-right of your screen, you'll find a toggle between Light and Dark themes; the new tech makes it very easy for us to adjust and even add new themes in the future! You can also set your preferred theme (as well as other preferences) at https://wynncraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Special:Preferences/.
    As mentioned, I did most of the new styling, so I'll be happy to hear any feedback about it. Are you having visual errors or readability problems with certain themes or browser setups? Let me know!

12. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Y’all should make a random page button for when people get really bored ;)

snowy3869 likes this.
  13. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    once the dust has settled with the heroes festival, we'll give it a shoutout in-game for a lil bit!

14. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    POGGGG OMG BASED W POGG

15. General Skien

General Skien is the best character in Wynncraft. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Congrats on no longer using the same Wiki platform as Skibidi Toilet!

DrGREEN and Da Homeboi like this.
  16. DrGREEN

Minecraft:
    I found the random page button o_O

17. NoGoodGod

NoGoodGod Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Can we edit the fandom page to say something like “now moved to a different hosting service. find the new wiki here” and screw up the fandom wiki so it’s unusable or something?

18. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unfortunately Fandom won't let people edit a wiki to a new platform and vandalizing it or changing only boosts its SEO as it is still interaction which would still probably be undone by a Fandom user out of the loop or Fandom staff themself (though the Fandom Calamity Mod Wiki is hilariously a terrible source compared to its official wiki.gg one, yet Fandom will still not take it down as it is for the fans who will be hurt the most/they won't take it down bc they need ad revenue and they will do anything to get it.

19. DrGREEN

Minecraft:
    What about a tag on every page/title saying it’s outdated so in the future people won’t click it

20. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unfortunately that would require editing almost every single page on the fandom wiki which is even more engagement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.