Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Endgame players... What do you do to keep playing? I lost motivation long time ago.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DogeTennant, Mar 8, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lootrunning, other classes need leveling, proffing

2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So long as you intend on returning, the guild's not dead, just on vacation.

It's always hard to leave a community you like. It's like leaving a friend. Unless it's really toxic or unhealthy, there's no reason a lot of the time.

I've heard New Vegas is really good. I've gotta get around to playing it sometime. Right now I'm doing an old modded FTB Mindcrack playthrough. Sorry to hear life's trash right now. Are you in school?

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  3. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's tricky because Wynncraft is not only super fun, but also a huge part of our lives, at least us long time players. I've spent 10 years on here at this point, so when one gets burnt out it can be hard to let go, even for just a short amount of time. But, there's nothing wrong with taking a break or just to log on to check up on the community every now and then until that spark reignites. Myself, I've got content creation that adds a whole new way to play the game, much time is spent not actually playing but getting footage and planning things. That's something I would recommend to those with the willingness to learn new things and an imagination to make something. It allows you to take part in the community, while not being exactly in that repetitive game loop. Well, it depends on what type of content one would make and how, but you look at the game from a different perspective. So for example, when I get burnt out of making videos, I just play the game like a normal person, like profs and finishing quests in my content book.

4. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    stay tuned for 2.1!

5. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh cow what do you think about loaves of bread?

6. nomythrilskin?

nomythrilskin? jungle fetishes broke my kneecaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bold of you to assume i have motivation haha

7. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's okay to play other games. You don't gotta try to play Wynncraft every day. I love games like Binding of Isaac and Ultrakill, but I can't just bring myself to play them every day, or even every week. I gotta let myself do other things, and when I get that yearning to give the game a play, that's when I do it

AlleonVera, Melkor and Da Homeboi like this.
  8. BlackHydrangea

BlackHydrangea Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Honestly, the only thing that gives me motivation is playing one of my ultimate ironman classes with some area & content restrictions. I've also done (almost) everything that wynncraft has to offer, but truly challenging myself to think about new ways to achieve certain goals has kept me going.
    (I'm playing an ocean only ironman and seeing how much content I can complete/prof levels I can earn)
    Honestly, if I ever burn out of the grinds on that class there really is not anything left for me to do, and I should probably move on from wynncraft.
    Alas, for now I'll happily keep playing whenever I have the free time.

9. Fleega

Fleega Sleeping Ultimate Chimera CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, relatable. So many people I knew, gone, maybe I realised, maybe I didn't, hurts every time to notice and remember them.

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  10. Krooza

Krooza Professional dumbass

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I kinda have the same problem, but im only lvl 75
    I have over 300hrs of playtime on wynn (im pretty sure). and i know its not much, but youd think my highest lvl class would be 105 at least. I have a more relaxed playstyle, ill log on and hang out, work on my housing for a good bit, sometimes do the odd quest.
    I go through a cycle of being bored of wynn. Ill have a few months where ill be very active and all that, then for 2 or 3 times that amount of time ill just be bored of wynn and have zero motivation for it. Ill be playing the UZBSMP or origin realms, then get bored of those, etc
    Sometimes i have no motivation for computer stuff at all, so i just work on my car.
    As everyone else has said, dont force yourself to play. That just makes it suck more. You'll probably be motivated eventually, and if not, maybe it's just time to move on.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  11. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What everyone else has been saying. Don't force yourself to play, that isn't play. You've only left the community when you've decided to leave the community, and from the sounds of it you'll definitely be back. So get through that backlog, Wynn will be here for you when you return.

If they're going to leave, then you being here won't change that, alas. And a year from now, there will also be a bunch of cool new people for you to community with. Some of the coolest people I've met around here joined in the last 2-3 years, and many of them have already moved on from Wynn. Folks come and go.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    ChrisWildfire and Krooza like this.
  12. Krooza

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2024-3-14_19-15-24.png
    (its 7:15pm now)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    hmtn likes this.
  13. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks everyone again.

Nah, not in school, work (kinda), like on one hand, life's pretty chill, but because it's chill it's quite bad in other regards lol, like no moneys and that's pretty much the only reason. Also in the meantime I finished Fallout: New Vegas, and can definitely recommend lol

14. Krooza

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What job?
    Im not looking forward to having to get off the ground moneywise.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  15. GlitchPlay

GlitchPlay Well-Known Adventurer

You just burned out from too much wynncraft, play something else for a bit, don't force yourself into something that you're not interested in doing. This has happened to me with a few other servers it's best to just leave for a bit and return once your interest is back

16. TheNelston

TheNelston only ironically afk in the head HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    guilds and content creation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.