Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What are your favorite Mage Abilities?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Snoopers, Feb 25, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snoopers

Snoopers woof VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is part 4 of 5 in a poll which I ask you what your favorite skill tree abilities are from a class. Don't worry, I'll get to your favorite class eventually.

We will be doing Mage this week, woop. Basically, what abilities do you enjoy the most? There isn't a specific format you can answer this question: it could top 5, favorite for each archetype, etc.

Meteors, meteors, and more meteors. Yaey

luckeyLuuk and Defervesco like this.
  2. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sunshower or teleport

3. Defervesco

Defervesco Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I HAVE BEEN SO EXCITED FOR THIS POST!!

Mage has so many classically amazing abilities, like Teleport (Second greatest movement spell in the game), Meteors (Destructive power fantasy) and Ice Snake (Sickest spell model in the game).

Along with which are some incredibly powerful enabling nodes, like Manastorm, Purification and Thunderstorm.

But my most favorite ability has got to be:

ARCANE OVERFLOW

Stemming from Arcane Transfer, it fully gives Arcanist mages the feeling of pure, unlimited power. 400 mana just springing into action is exhilarating, along with the comedic ability to cast insanely expensive spells, without even breaking a sweat.

I consider it an top tier example of what the last red node on a tree should be.

4. SergeantDanger

SergeantDanger Lamp post VIP

Minecraft:
    Chaos Explosion is pretty cool
    So is lightweaver

5. Greenbracelet

Greenbracelet Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ophanim

It just like a shotgun, the shorter distance you keep with the target, the higher dps you can deal
    makes it important to decide facetank with heal, lure straight or go around dodging.

It have CD, this is the point I like th most: you need toattack when 5th orb hits to maximize the hitthing frequency. just like a rhythm game
    I can play wynn with my shitty proxy connection all thx to it.
    Ophanim's CD makes a large difference to other2 archtype 0CDskill x infinity mana gj dev , no ridiculous gap between good and bad connection, useing macro or not.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  6. Snoopers

Snoopers woof VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's pretty epic

7. Flyfilo2

Flyfilo2 Retired Ragni Soldier/Lone Wanderer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Heal and Teleport. Good utility spells.

8. FlyingNon

FlyingNon Assassin enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Manastorm cuz free mana

9. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In no order:
    - Lightweaver
    - Snake Nest
    - Gust

10. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    Ophanim if it wasn't so expensive and if it synergised with spells better. Lightweaver, Burning Sigil (+synergy with Ophanim) and Psychokinesis are also cool.

11. nanjwda

nanjwda Travelled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Love Teleport, Heal, Manastorm as Riftwalker

12. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ice snake looks really cool but it doesn’t do much, I would like if the ice model for it could stick to the enemy when ice snake freezes it

13. ineedhelp

ineedhelp You need help?

none of them, still salty they didnt add time warp or smthing

actually tho i like pyrokenisis because main attack fireball is so satisfying

14. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sentient Snake, Snake Nest, Thunderstorm, and Psychokinesis make casting spells feel SO good. Watching them fill up your Mana Bank is also very satisfying.

15. LEOlegoBOOK

LEOlegoBOOK Travelled Adventurer

i am new and not that much into the game but right now teleport

16. ikako

ikako Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    arcane transfer. literally the best ability in the game. i out dps archers with meteor + arcane transfer spam, i teleport across continents with teleport + arcane transfer, i get spell costs over 100 with arcane overflow + meteor + arcane transfer.
    it's the best movement ability in the game, being (afaik) the only one to allow you to escape multi-hit moves and stuns and you can avoid 90% of parkour in the game by just teleporting over it. you can beat the hardest non-raid bosses in the game by using teleport to completely avoid all attacks while you heal up, i beat Death at level 75, finished qira's hive at level 95 and beat legendary island entirely solo on my first attempt at all of them by using teleport to completely disengage from them for 10 seconds or more while healing up, there's almost nothing they can do to catch you (you'll understand what these mean later on, don't worry).
    outside of combat, my current arcanist build is able to teleport indefinitely by cancelling the increased spell cost on subsequent casts by casting ice snakes after 3 teleports, and the endgame ability Manastorm keeps my mana full. teleport outpaces the best horse possible at around level 50, while allowing you to reach areas other movement abilities can't access because they require you to physically move rather than just instantly warping.
    teleport is op and you should definitely get in the habit of using it to its full potential.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    Jayroe01! and luckeyLuuk like this.
  17. CodexofWithers

CodexofWithers The Wither King

Minecraft:
    Meteor. I know this is crazy but hear me out.
    The ability description says: "Summons a slow, but powerful meteor from the sky."
    So, what this means is that... somehow... the first spell new mages learn... is how to change the route of a meteor, from space.
    When I put it into words, it makes me realize how powerful mages truly are...

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  18. ikako

ikako Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    idk i think bending spacetime just to move like 10 feet is pretty gigachad too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.