Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER 2.1 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Da Homeboi, Jan 30, 2024.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

nope we're giving trickster 20 clones and lacerate now does 1 strike instead of 4

Elysium_ and ChrisWildfire like this.
  2. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just what the community wants

3. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nope. It is impossible. They must be intentionally unbalancing it to boost activity on the forums.

4. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wait you're so right. we need more interaction bait

point_line likes this.
  5. AvgHypixelPlayer

AvgHypixelPlayer SKYBLOCK ON TOP!!! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Meister2022 World Boss

BethJerry likes this.
  6. VerseLaFlamme

VerseLaFlamme Travelled Adventurer

I hope for clock mystery to come back and more lari.

7. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah wasn’t clock mystery supposed to come with 1.20? That’s like… 3 years ago now :(
    Reminds me of the Gale and Ohms stuff that never got finished

8. Defervesco

Defervesco Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Something unconventional could be a performance update

The Optimization Update

- Pressed the fix lag button, will allow for higher fps for lower end pcs
    - Implemented /stuck, which will shunt the player to the nearest exposed block (No consequences)
    - Several connection issues have been resolved
    - Texture pack should now install much more smoothly, reducing the need for independently downloaded texture packs
    - Cleaned up the last of Jumla's coffee off the servers, should allow for significantly reduced server crashes
    - Implemented a bot to instantly ban any player who mentions lag, server crashes, bugs and the phrase 'Wynncraft has no bugs, only features' to improve general perception of performance.

Now that we've fixed up the biggest hurdle in this server's inception, we'll be rolling out another set of ads on Youtube to increase traffic. In addition, we have paid an exuberant amount of money to Hypixel to crash their skyblock servers this week, along with another DXP weekend to sweeten the pot for new players.

9. TheNelston

TheNelston only ironically afk in the head HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    guild update pls

JavaPlayerX likes this.
  10. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok fuck it, utterly insane prediction:

2.1 will be the addition of a Bedrock version of wynncraft

11. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This also means that all mentions of alcohol, weed, and shrooms will be replaced with funny soda and candy...

2.1: The Prohibition Update

12. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    On a more serious note I've put this thread on the backburner of my mind for too long, so...

Quests
    Delayed Quest Improvements
    Pit of the Dead, The Dark Descent, Deja Vu, and The Mercenary were all said to be minorly improved quests in the 2.o.3 update, but they haven't received any changes yet afaik. Really the only one that's note-worthy is Deja Vu as it will have some gameplay changes (per what lex said in some msg in july iirc).

TLS Quest
    The quest has been in dev hell since lex wasn't happy with the story. Granted, it's only a level 26 quest, so it wouldn't be put to super high standards, but hopefully it'll live up to the hype. TLS is already a great dungeon and with all the time going into this quest it'd be weird for it to fall flat. (my brains not working rn so sry if this comes out as more passive-aggressive or demanding) Some food for thought regarding this quest:
    • Aledar could appear? Imo Aledar doesn't have enough screen time in Wynncraft, so it'd be nice to have a follow-up quest with him.
    • Old Man Martyn: Given that this is the third main quest in Time Valley (Tempo Town Trouble and Deja Vu being the other 2), Martyn has to make an appearance in one way or another.
    • Extra Olm Lore: it'll pretty much have to make an appearance one way or another bc Garoth is now an Olm. Perhaps some extra Bob lore tidbits could be sprinkled throughout?
    • Cosmic Magic lore: This is mainly due to the purple and blue rocks found in the Vortex Complex cave. Perhaps they could have a use in this quest. The cosmic event in Deja Vu could also be elaborated on.
    • Reason for breaking into TLS: rn its just 'home invasion's funny' instead of a genuine reason. my guess is that the fact that the dungeon doesn't align with the time means that its presence threatens the integrity of time valley.
    RoL 3 Extra
    A little bit of dialogue near the end of RoL 3 mentions "but not yet." This could allude to a Dullahan boss fight.

Dungeons
    UC & CUC Rework
    Given that the rest of the dungeon looks fairly outdated compared to Charon, it'll likely be modernized in one way or another (please use purpleemeralds charon rework its epic sauce and id love to play it)

IB & CIB Rework
    Now this is less obvious, but come on. The entirety of the dungeon is loathed for being hard in a bs way and has barely any identity aside from "I C E". According to Selvut283 if an IB rework were to happen it'd follow TLS's design theme of having script stuff being sprinkled throughout compared to GG leaning hard into script stuff.

CTLS
    TLS is already a great dungeon, so a corrupted version introduces several possible design choices. The only thing holding TLS back from being S+ is the more barebones design of some of the rooms, but otherwise it's a strong contender nonetheless. A Corrupted version has the potential for even stranger time shenanigans and room design.

FF Rework & CFF
    FF is also a more outdated dungeon, with a boss thats a glorified grinding room save for the last bit where the gimmick is just f a s t. I can see some rooms changing to have more modern design choices. CFF is also the last dungeon to not be in the forgery, so that's also food for thought.

Other
    Clock Mystery
    self-explanatory. Lex said that she will hopefully finish it sometime before fruma, though other projects could push it back.

Wind Fortress
    Remember the Void Altar secret? A secondary secret also exists where the bracelet Follow the Wind gives extra dialogue with a cryptic "You feel there might be something to find here... but not yet."

Tisaun Grave

A less well-known secret, but in the Guild Hall near the torch needed in the Grand Archive secret discovery, there's a grave dedicated to the founder of the first guild: Tisaun Sodeta. Like the Wind Fortress and Dullahan, there's some dialogue that states "An unsettlingly powerful energy seems to blanket the area. There is potential here for...something. But not yet..."

Extra Boss Altars

The main ones I'm talking about are Espera the Lich (mentioned in the book post-Lazarus Pit) and a hypothetical boss altar in the Gylia Plains. If I had to guess what the latter could be, it could be a super-Weird or maybe even a Gert that's incredibly infused with cosmic magic, and the latter would also help patch the gap between lv 70 and 90 for boss altars.

More Lootrun Camps

I think the only area left that doesn't have a lootrun would be the Canyon of the Lost. Maybe the Gylia Plains and Cinfras County, though they could be a bit too under-leveled for a lootrun camp. The Realm of Light could also have one, but I'm not too sure how the canonicity of it would work (then again there's on the silent expanse that no one else in the silverbull company knows about).

Elysium_, heart6008, Uniimog and 10 others like this.
  13. Trile

Trile Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Make Selchar the crowning jewel of the ocean, I personally think for the city that supposedly serves as the link between Gavel and Wynn. It should def have more importance and in turn a make over

Elysium_, Galaxias, Gogeta and 8 others like this.
  14. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hell no

Elysium_, Sar, Bwitty03 and 1 other person like this.
  15. NcMugget

NcMugget Air In A Can HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes, we need more connections throughout the Ocean. Maybe 2.1 can make it *sort of* its own province

The Ocean is literally some of the most disconnected content through earlygame and midgame and the quests seem much more antiquated than Corkus, Gavel, and Wynn. If there was an ocean rework I would be all in.

16. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think 2.1 is probably going to be very similar to 2.0.3, where they rework the quests from a certain level range, maybe turn some of them into a questline, and maybe they will also add a little thing for the endgame, maybe they will add the new clockwork mystery, or even the gale and ohms mystery too since we know selvut has been wanting to do that for awhile now. I'm not expecting a huge 2.0 sized update, but I do think it will be a bit bigger than 2.0.3, and TLS's quest will probably be added in this update, and maybe even some Jungle secret discoveries as well.

17. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Given Salted's response here to someone who wanted reasons to keep playing Wynncraft, I strongly feel like this update will have barely anyone 1-time content such as quests, dungeons, or discoveries, if it even has any at all, especially since he already said it wouldn't slow down fruma development.

Reverting my guess back to proper PVP implementation.

luckeyLuuk and Elysium_ like this.
  18. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Even though FF needs a rework I’m still a sucker for that tall platforming room, my favorite one in the whole game and I hope it isn’t changed too much

19. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I feel like some of the stuff like the wind fortress and Tisaun sodeta grave are long cancelled. I'm suprised Clock Mystery hasn't been readded yet, and yeah we do need more boss altars, though I feel like those will be reworked into world bosses some time in the near future. FF absolutly needs a rework, but not as much as Ice barrows needs it. I do think the canyon of the lost will get a lootrun camp at some point. As for Dullahan, I imagine there may be plans for him in the future, but not for a while.

That_Chudley likes this.
  20. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They definitely aren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.