Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Struggling with Eldritch Outlook parkour? Use this! (99% legal)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by PzzmyTH, Nov 16, 2023.

?

Is this useful for you?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. maybe

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, the parkour is already ez pz

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. No, I just fly and skip the entire parkour

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. No, I still can't complete the parkour

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    I agree that it is a skill issue.

I just don't give a flying fuck.

The problem is that the parkour is horribly unfun, obnoxiously difficult, and forces you to learn a "skill" that is 100% useless throughout the rest of the game and has absolutely no place in this game: let alone the only required dungeon in the game.

We give the staff shit for saying "hurdur skill issue" because they are toxicly deflecting legitimate criticisms of how horseshit this parkour is with a lazy respronse that is "technically" true.

Elysium_, Druser, Gogeta and 3 others like this.
  2. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as has been explained
    time
    and time
    and time
    and time again

while there definitely are some people for whom this is just a skill issue, there's also a fairly large set of people (myself included) who struggle with this parkour, not due to lack of skill, but due to difficulty visualizing things and terrible spatial awareness. These aren't skill-based things, they're something that can't be fixed. I've played this dungeon over 30 times, and it still consistently takes me 10+ minutes to complete the parkour every time - that's with quite a lot of practice.
    On a related note, I'd like to point out that so many people going "there is no problem with this parkour / it's just a skill issue" are people who themselves do not experience these problems. Sorry - let me amend that - everyone who says that hasn't experienced these problems, because if you had, you'd know that the parkour is actually really really challenging for these people. Please, let the ones who this actually affects decide whether or not it's a problem.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  3. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    THIS

4. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These are really good points, though. It just goes to show how fundamentally flawed the parkour's concept is, which is something we can all agree on.

Earthbrine, tig and Mardeknius like this.
  5. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

Parkour wasn’t that bad. Kind of easy without the guidelines.

DrGREEN likes this.
  6. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    absolute genius

Gogeta, Elytry, Mardeknius and 2 others like this.
  7. ikako

ikako Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    honestly not sure what the fuss is about. I hadn't done EO since 2022 or earlier and I got my new character to 105 the other day so I decided to do EO because I need The Nothing for my light bender. Did the parkour in a minute or so and even did a second run without pressing shift to see if it's harder. Took me a few more attempts but I really didn't struggle. A bit of movespeed is all you really need, it's not particularly hard. The boss was even easier tho, I shredded it without even using a heal potion.
    it's not like i'm particularly good at parkour, i skip 90% of it with teleport unless there's barrier blocks or a teleport trigger which is rare

8. Endistic

Endistic Acolyte Enjoyer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    +1
    to piggyback mard’s point i can confirm theres a chance this is actually more than a skill issue

1. aphantasia
    aphantasia is a condition where one can not visualize/imagine things in their mind. while this doesn’t make the parkour impossible, it makes it challenging as you can’t visualize where the barriers might be relative to you

2. amblyopia
    amblyopia is an eye condition where the brain favors one eye over the other (i have this actually), making depth perception weird to calculate or difficult to (i get fears from heights from even too slightly tall steps lol)

theres more but mobile data ending soon bc rural areas so sorry

sleptonce, Elytry and Mardeknius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.