Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why wynncraft will stop 1.12.2 support?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Sheep8, Dec 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep8

Sheep8 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I cant play in versions higher than 1.12.2 beacuse they are too laggy. Removing support of the old version will make me unable to play on wynncraft.

Bart (MC) and Melkor like this.
  2. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    install fabric and use sodium. it'll boost your performance. also look into using some culling mods.

3. block36_

block36_ Well-Known Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Have you tried newer versions? 1.16 should have very similar performance to 1.12 on the client. Try some optimization mods too, it really shouldn't be that bad these days.

4. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Legacy versions in general will stop working on Wynncraft, for a variety of reasons:
    • 1.12.2 is ancient. We're talking 6 years here, which is a fairly long time for a game. In addition, most modders have stopped working on 1.12.2 and instead started porting their mods to more modern versions. For example, Wynntils is currently 1.20.x.
    • Usually many people would say "OptiFine" exists, but nowadays OptiFine is being outdone by many of the modern optimization mods that work seamlessly with each other. In addition, because said optimization mods are open source while OptiFine isn't, these modern optimization mods offer vastly improved performance over both vanilla and OptiFine. Of course, you need to be on later versions of Minecraft to be able to run these, as many of them don't support or backport to 1.12.2.
    • Vulnerabilities. Being an old version of Minecraft, it is also far more susceptible to exploits, because its inner workings have been deciphered a long time ago. Between 2017 and 2023, a ton of bugs and vulnerabilities have been patched, making modern Minecraft less susceptible.
    • Performance. Vanilla performance has come a long way as well (although you do need a slightly beefier GPU that can support later OpenGL versions, though nearly every GPU supports said OpenGL versions).
    I highly recommend updating to a more modern version of Minecraft if you're able.

5. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Because new blocks = cool, netherite armor = possible (maybe), new mobs, new items, probably some other server possibilities and stuff. There is really no reason to play 1.12.2 because swimming is nonexistent in that version and there are less sounds and other features. I I’m sure you can find a tutorial for downloading performance mods for your computer, and it really shouldn’t be too bad

6. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1.12 sucks !!!

7. Krooza

Krooza Professional dumbass

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ^ @Moagle this guy has a point

8. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

No offense but Wynncraft should have dropped old versions like three decades ago

Deusphage likes this.
  9. 100klemonreimu

100klemonreimu Poison Warrior Supermacy

Minecraft:
    Not sure if it applies to the case of wynncraft, but as someone who used to play on a potato pc and currently playing on a laptop, people who say the performance of new versions are better than old ones in vanilla are delusional.

And yes I still play on 1.12.2, I don't have wynntils so there's 0 incentive for me to switch to newer versions.
    However, I have heard about people crashing on 1.12.2 and need to play on new version, so idk.

Bart (MC), Melkor and trex1611 like this.
  10. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know this must suck if you don't even with Performance Mods (which truly are necessary Mojang's coding habbits are terrible and kill the game for most) can play anymore on higher Versions.
    But as @AmbassadorDazz said there are plenty of Upsides for Wynncraft to Update to a more recent Version than a Minecraft Version from 6 Years ago, 1.12 is from 2017.

There is always a minority of people left behind whenever legacy support is dropped, There has always been outrage from those people, And every single time legacy support was forcefully kept exploits kept occurring as they used these less safe systems.

I'm sorry if your current Hardware can not support higher Minecraft Versions, but in that case I'd recommend trying to Upgrade the hardware in general because otherwise it's Minecraft that will drop support for your system in general in a few Versions.

Yes Wynn is laggy, but trust me Mojang Code is a weird House of Cards which is on fire and they sometimes try putting out the fire without knocking it over and while still building more on top. That's what's so performance heavy, That's what lithium, sodium, phosphor, indium and all the culling mods are for. It helps.

11. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There is going to be more incentive so heads up

100klemonreimu likes this.
  12. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For those of you saying performance mods; I've got sodium and I still get <10 fps in some rooms of TNA, unless I turn my settings way down on new versions. Sodium isn't magic, and there are plenty of things it doesn't fix. While I agree with the move to newer versions, it is pretty game-breaking for those of us on older/worse hardware, and I hope they figure out a solution for that.

13. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The solution would be rewrite all code to be less laggy, which probably means downscaling of everything
    I'm sorry that you're slowly experiencing the downfalls of old hardware, as the current market is abysmal

Melkor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.