Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Spirit Festival Level Lock-Out

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by LucentRain, Nov 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucentRain

LucentRain Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hello! While doing the ongoing Spirit collection events, I noticed that some spirits are quite literally locked away in areas unable to be collected by anyone below a certain level. (e.g. The Silent Expanse Quest + lvl 100 requirement for bounty spirit #14) Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken? What kind of event is this if it actively restricts such a notable portion of its player base from completing it? It's unbelievable that players like myself can put in so much time to complete these, only to be wholly blocked near the end. It's extremely discouraging and makes me feel like all the time and effort I put in was made completely worthless. I understand making the spirits hard to reach, but why outright impossible? If there are ways around this I would love some help!

Elysium_, Tolemi959, PzzmyTH and 3 others like this.
  2. Xae

Xae Skilled Adventurer

Meh i can see where you’re coming from but didnt this event like last 3-4 weeks? Plenty of time to get a class to 101

3. Tolemi959

Tolemi959 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I was in this exact same situation. My and the gf play together and did all the spirits on a daily base. Couldn't do the level 100 one. Ended up at like 40/41 or whatever the total amount was. That was a big disappointment to find out about so late in the event. And to those thinking that we could've just quickly raced to lv100 in the 5 or so days left in the event, you're right. We could've. But we prefer doing things slowly, doing quests in order, exploring all caves, secrets, dungeons, reading the lore etc. And we do everything in order of level. Eventually we just decided to not pursue the last spirit and have fun instead. It stinks, but it is what it is...

4. LucentRain

LucentRain Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    You're absolutely right, and I think that's the whole issue. They never tell you they outright lock away spirits behind leveled areas. And what kind of game would set up an event that would encourage its players to grind out levels? It destroys the premise of playing for fun and tricks lower-level players into participating while always knowing they'll never be able to complete it. At the very least a disclaimer of level requirements needed to collect spirits would be helpful. My biggest issue is that plenty of spirits are in harder-to-reach, higher-level areas. There was no need to place spirits behind level-locked areas, actively restricting a participating player base from completing an event they might have worked for. I had been enjoying the festival. I wasn't allowed to complete it, by design.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  5. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    im at least glad the spooky detlas mystery was just BARELY accessible to below level 50, because u need 9 bounty spirits to do it and there are exactly 9 that you can access at below level 50 WITHOUT RUNNING TO AREAS THAT ARE TOO HIGH LEVEL (ppl always saying jUsT rUn tO cOrkUs aT leVeL 30)

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  6. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It’s not that bad. There is only one cosmetic that you miss out on for missing one spirit

Deusphage and luckeyLuuk like this.
  7. Tzelofachad

Tzelofachad Owner of the Rift, manager of the Uz hotel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so what if you want to 100% it?

8. Phanleanhkhoi

Phanleanhkhoi Severely skill issued adventurer

Guild:
    =
    you're not missing out much rewards-wise. I mean it's just a bag that poisons/summon rats near you, a shovel that is utterly worthless, a lamp that is utterly worthless, a pumkin which you can place on the floor which is worthless. A totem of undiying which emits funny sound and lights that is... oh wow who would have guessed ( It's utterly worthless)The only thing you might be missing out on is the tickets ( if you want tickets grind btb it's faster).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    luckeyLuuk likes this.
  9. JavaPlayerX

JavaPlayerX Supreme Supremacy

Minecraft:
    I did that

10. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i originally was going to have the final daily spirit be in the silent expanse, but i was told to change it so that it would be available to new players. i was annoyed because theres some cool questlocked places for spirits, so we allowed the bounty spirits to be in level-locked areas. next year though, i will have no quest requirements on any of the spirits, as i see now it was a misstep.

luckeyLuuk, Melkor and Bwitty03 like this.
  11. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do like the fact that they are introducing more items that can act as extra particle trails/player effects.
    Hope you can get one next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.