Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

IDs LOL

Discussion in 'Questions' started by JoBananaa, Nov 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoBananaa

JoBananaa Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    im so confused by IDs and equip stats

if someone would be super kind to explain all of them i actl dunno. especially elements like WHAT? theres the whole this element beats this and that so is it water damage damages water defence or fire defence? IDK JUS EXPLAIN ALL THE STATS PLS IM SO CONFUSED.

2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Most of theIDs are pretty much what they sound like; mana regen means you regenerate mana, lifesteal means you get health on hit, etc.

A few that aren't quite so self-explanatory though:
    • Exploding is the chance for the enemy to explode on death doing AoE damage.
    • Stealing is a chance for an enemy to drop emeralds when it's hit, although it isn't 1:1 iirc. That is, 5% stealing ≠ 5% chance to drop emeralds, but someone who knows more should probably correct me if I'm wrong.

As for elements, they don't massively change gameplay. While there is a trend of "water beats fire", the reality is that it depends on exact circumstances and this is incredibly poorly explained. The only thing that usually matters is what elemental damage buffs you have and what defenses or weaknesses your enemy has.

In general, elemental damage is just a different color of damage that gets buffed by different IDs. % water damage increases the water damage you do, as simple as that (okay, damage calculations are actually a fair bit more complicated, but that's outside the scope of this. Water damage is also unique in that it buffs your heal spell as mage if you take the fluid healing perk later on, but this doesn't apply to arcanist). Elemental damage is also affected by skill points, with water damage being buffed by intelligence. You can see the effects of your skill points on your damage in the compass menu.

Water defense blocks an amount of water damage dealt to you or a foe, weakness (negative defense) does the opposite. In general, you shouldn't worry too much about defenses or weaknesses, just be aware that in certain cases you might do less damage than you'd expect. It's rare for an enemy to actually block a significant portion of your damage, although it is more likely with a rainbow build due to lower damage in each individual element. Likewise, weaknesses aren't something it's generally worth building around, it's generally just a nice little treat.

As for you, generally elemental defense doesn't matter a ton unless it is really high or really low (positive or negative by several hundred or thousand). Then you might be more effective as a tank or take a lot more damage (depending on which), but in general it's not something to worry about and I generally wouldn't factor it in while picking gear.

luckeyLuuk and Ninja_VK like this.
  3. JoBananaa

Minecraft:
    damn thanks

theres some fhat say the number and some that say % for stats

so im guessing numbers just add to ur raw stats, which r changed by percentage

for example if ur raw mana regen is like 20

then +10% would make it like 22, which is what shows in the compass menu? im assuming thats it

4. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, there is no % mana regen, but in general yes. There are two slight exceptions in how spell damage and spell cost are calculated (technically they do this as well, but due to how they are calculated it isn't entirely obvious). Spell damage is added to the modifier associated with a given spell; e.g. meteor has a 400% spell damage modifier, so having 30% spell damage would change the modifier to 430%. Spell cost factors in raw spell cost, % spell cost and the % spell cost from intelligence separately, I believe in the order % reduction from intel, then raw, then the % cost id. This means that if you have -50% cost and you add -5 raw, you may not actually get a difference of 5.

5. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in the case of health regen (hpr) and %hpr it does work like that.

if you have 120% hpr and 300 "raw" hpr then the total will be 300×(1+1.2)= 660 hpr

6. JoBananaa

Minecraft:
    aight so basically spell damage just adds up all ur percentage stats but spell cost percentage is like how compound interest works irl

7. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, spell cost is kinda just funky. I'm not 100% sure that this is how it works, but this is what I've seen in the past. If this is how it works, % spell cost gets less effective (in terms of raw reductions) the higher your intel and -raw cost are, but raw gets relatively more effective the higher your intel is. Imagine a non-existent spell that costs 100 mana to cast. If you get a 10% reduction from intel, 10 raw and 10% reduction, they decrease your cost by 10, 10 and 8 respectively. The raw provides an 11.11% decrease from what the cost is before applying it. If you get 20% from intel, 10 raw and 10%, they decrease it by 20, 10, and 7. The raw decreases it by 12.5% from what it was before applying this. That said, it is still objectively better to have all of them than no reduction, but if it already high raw cost reductions, it may be better to get more raw cost than % cost.

8. JoBananaa

Minecraft:
    u know what the way i see it

equip good stats use equip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.