Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Art Rare Mobs (Lv 1-19)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Glivs, Sep 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glivs

Glivs Well-Known Adventurer

started as painting practice, but became a weird obsession lol. dunno if I'll do more but enjoy

[​IMG]
    not particularly happy with how the lighting came out on this one. Think I coulda done better to push the lights lol. Aside from that not much I think I could add to this guy's design... I added Bob's scar and weird eyebrows but honestly pretty sure this guy is not the actual Bob Wynncraft lol

[​IMG]
    Didn't fancy the emerald block "tail" so I changed it up into a green magic thing lol. Although I didn't draw it at a pose where you can see all the weapons stuck into it's back, I'm super happy with it haha.
    This guy is also so hard to get pictures of because immediately after spawning in he gets beat up by mercenaries

[​IMG]
    I really like birds so I was looking forwards to painting this one lol.
    I figured since this guy always runs away from players and its' name suggests it's eye catching, I'd definitely have to make the back of the bird eye catching as it flees from you. hence the weird tail, haha.

[​IMG]
    A livestock cow minotaur is a very fun twist and awesome worldbuilding in the ruins near Detlas, thank you wynncraft content team, very cool.
    but she really do got her udders just... out... huh. yeah let's give her an emoji sticker over those.

[​IMG]
    I try to avoid incorporating the cubeness of original minecraft-adjacent models into most of my interpretations since i feel it can be lazy reimagining, but i kind of couldn't resist doing a tesseract lol. funky 4d time stuff or something lol, explains how this mob might disappear and reappear like it does ingame too, slipping into another dimension and whatnot. Lighting is just to make it look cool and powerful and also because it does thunder damage lol

I also think it's fun worldbuilding to have this mob around the abandoned farm, an area where there are ancient harvesters and bovines, almost like this guy was responsible for pulling them through time. Tried to make a hint of a past vision of the farm inside the tesseract :)

thanks for checkin out my stuff :)

Luxio, Atmisuki, Rythew and 29 others like this.
  2. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Wow.

you have talent

skorngyworngy and Glivs like this.
  3. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is really, really amazing work. It expresses all of the life of these mobs so well, keep it up!!

Glivs likes this.
  4. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These are so COOL!

Glivs likes this.
  5. Disuseful

Disuseful Your local Idiot Co pooron CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hot DAMN thats some unreal art
    teach me your ways

Glivs likes this.
  6. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gyatdaym another wynn fanart for the hall of fame google drive

7. AgentEmerald0028

AgentEmerald0028 From Italy with love

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They are all INCREDIBLE!

Glivs likes this.
  8. Glivs

Glivs Well-Known Adventurer

Oh jeez this got more attention than i expected haha thank you all :)

Hahah didn't expect someone to find them all, that's just a signature to prevent against art theft lol. i don't like how watermarks obscure the composition so i try to hide it somewhere less visible

thanks man! Maybe I'll record a timelapse one of these days when I can get a consistent drawing session going haha. for now I will share this lil tutorial a friend took the time to make for me in discord, which really clarified layering in painting to me and inspired me to keep going after I struggled with the Bob the Zombie painting lol. Big ups to him :)

the what

9. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea makes sense

10. ineedhelp

ineedhelp You need help?

AAAY THIS IS SO COOL especially the defender

Elysium_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.