Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Official Event Item Lore Contest!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Hams, Sep 15, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Hey Everybody!

I'm here with you for a brand new contest and a once in a lifetime opportunity to get your own ideas into the game!

A lot of our Items do not currently have any lore so we thought that we would give you guys the opportunity to put your own mark into the game while we are also currently working on adding more!

We may do more of these contests if they are successful or the community wants more of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to participate

It's very simple, fill out this form here (<- click it)

You will need to pick the item for which you want the lore for
    Then write a piece of lore for it (a short, concise, piece of text explaining the flavour of the item).

We will select one for each of the items and put them into the game.

Here is the list of items for this contest:

Temporal Lantern
    Wanderlust
    Keratoconus
    Cryoseism
    Overdrive

Make sure to analyse the items, find the right context to write the best lore possible for them.

You can only submit 1 response per item, but you can submit lore for each of them if you want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to comment in this post with your submission too if you want others to see them, but keep in mind only the ones in the form will be selected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This contest will end in 1 week (on the 22nd of September), a new thread will be made to announce the results with the winners and the new lore to be added into the game shortly after!

We are impatient to read what you come up with!​

2. closier

closier not cmosier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yoooo lets goooo
    gonna spend hours on wanderlust lore

Elytry and Hams like this.
  3. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I thought of an interesting one in 2 minuets so :p

Elysium_, Elytry and ineedhelp like this.
  4. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    So if you want to submit an entry for multiple items, you have to fill out and submit the form separate times, right?

Elytry likes this.
  5. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    Elytry and Violet Knight like this.
  6. NecrowmancerLeam

NecrowmancerLeam Eye of Eternity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Uhhhh totally not asking because I'm paranoid mine are too long-winded but are we allowed to like resubmit one to change it? Obviously only thre most recent would count, please aaa I forgot the text cant be long af

Elytry likes this.
  7. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hallelujah reliks have lore now

Elytry likes this.
  8. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know next to nothing about good classbuilding but eh. Here are my submissions (stuff in {} is ancient wynnic):

Temporal Lantern
    An ancient proverb is engraved into the handle. It reads "{As one remembers a past trial, the crippling feeling of regret weakens their strength, yet the knowledge you gain only makes you tougher.}"

I decided to do ancient wynnic for this as it does seem like something from Time Valley, and the ancient proverb was presumably from an olmic guy, and I decided to do Ancient Wynnic cause another item does the same: Law of the Jungle (though its short and only reads eat or be eaten but eh). The proverb also makes a bit of sense from embarrassing experiences, as you do remember that and cringing on the way down, but you did get tougher from it.

Wanderlust
    They only wander aimlessly, only finding purpose to continue treading this barren wasteland. Their bodies wither, but such is the price to fulfill their purpose.

The name if you break it down means "a strong desire to wander". Given the negative fire defense (an element associated with defensiveness) and health regen, they, which I mainly refer to Lutho Citizens, lack sentience and their husks only find purpose in just wandering, although this could also be given to other enemies in the se that don't really have any sentience and just find purpose in wandering or mauling the player.

Keratoconus
    Your perception of this alien land slowly shifts as you hold this helmet. Your vision becomes duller, but you also realize the surroundings are all the same at this point for this doomed land.

I did not include cones being mentioned because we do need math in the lore. Anyways, I did mention how your vision changes, which does make the surroundings of your area seem duller. However, you also slowly begin to feel as if the alien land of the SE has all began to meld together. It has thrown nearly every eldritch thing there is at you, and you become dull to the alien landscape that it's a normal tuesday for you. Dern can do nothing else to ruin the land at this point.

Cryoseism
    This weapon is one of the lost relics of the Dogun War, deriving its magic from True Ice. However, the consequences of such frivolous use of power can also cast a part of the earth forever changed.

Is that too long? idk, but yea thats my go at cryo's lore. I like it being a lost relic from the Dogun War, as the MH is in a similar level range to this weapon, along with it being associated with ice. If you're too lazy to google it, a cryoseism is pretty much an earthquake caused by supersaturated soil freezing. This was presumably made after the Freezing Heights were created, and it being used as a weapon to kill doguns using true ice made it a powerful weapon for the dwarves. However, with great power comes great responsibility, and I like the idea of cryo's overuse to cause the freezing heights to spread.

Overdrive
    A machine can only function well for so long. As it ages, the only thing it can do in a split second is slowly build up power, then minutes later violently unleash it to another part of itself.

This was pretty easy to write lore for. It's not a word I've never heard of, and this thing does have easy stats to lore-ify. It can do the things it used to at a much slower pace, often at a faulty rate, similar to how mana is like a battery that slowly recharges and becomes harder to use the more you use it in a short period of time. Anyways, I can't really explain it further. That's it.

underdrive/conclusion
    yea i suck at using items, but i'd say these are pretty good lores i came up with. am i too stuck up in my head and they are really shit? you tell me.

otherwise, please do more creation contests in the future, the stuff you make is pretty fun, and it is good community involvement. granted, there are people who are much better at writing item lore, so i wouldn't be too surprised if someone else wins.

Temporal Lantern:
    A faint glow is felt when holding this, almost feeling like you are progressively getting pulled back into the past. The experience from the future comforts you as your physical state youngens.

i wouldve made kerat's lore about the eyefolk but i got nothin

9. Magicmakerman

Magicmakerman Moderator Staff Member Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No way item lore contest?? I consider this to be rather epic

Elytry likes this.
  10. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    It was very tempting to make this about the silent expanse, but...

Keratoconus
    Cavernous burrows dot the steeps of the Frozen Heights, strewn with old helmets still sturdy despite the bitter frost. Though the ice drakes that once nested here are long gone, the frozen-over eyes of dead dwarves gaze coldly at any who dare loot their final battleground and resting place.

(i may update this at a later date if i submit more lores)

Edit 1: Temporal Lantern
    No eyes see past the dark fog that enshrouds the future. But if you could perhaps light the way, what would you see? Invigorating hope? Or, a warning to be heeded?

Edit 2: Wanderlust
    When one dies, their soul does not vanish. Indeed, some spirits choose to wander the skies after their death, to see from above the places and the things they could never have with mortal eyes.

Edit 3: Overdrive
    A haywire mech is as much a danger to the Factory as it is to Corkians. Thus, whenever a Factory mech even slightly deviates from its original programming, the Factory will signal an induced self-destruction: the mech’s clock rapidly speeds up, overheating and frying its own circuits.

Edit 4: Cryoseism
    Few creatures welcome winter frosts. Even the high mountains of the Canyon of the Lost seem to dislike the snow, for there winter is always accompanied by tremors in the earth, as if to shrug accumulated powder off the Canyon’s shoulders...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  11. cmosier

cmosier cmosier VIP Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    well i guess ill share mine too

Temporal Lantern: Time moves along, and it will take you with it. It always will, and sometimes you lose sight of the path. But you will find light again.
    (i promised myself i wouldnt work a subtle stormlight archive reference into this one. turns out i lied. the opportunity was far too good)

Wanderlust: There is nothing for you here. There is nothing for you anywhere. But move anyway. You will find strength in the journey.

Keratoconus:
    The unearthly wood of eyestalk is durable, but with horrific cost. Pieces severed from the trunk continue to collect and cultivate the essence of abandoned eyes, and the unfortunate wearer becomes a catalyst for growth.

Cryoseism: One unfortunate enough to stay in the Freezing Heights may hear a great crescendo of collapse, a cacophony of shattering worlds. Some attribute it to the rising roars of waking ice drakes. Others believe that, after so long, the surrounding infernos are melting the unmeltable.

Overdrive: Hundreds of ideas. Thousands of problems. Only one way to stay on top of everything: destroy it all.

12. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have noticed that there have been three different item descs that involve the freezing heights in some way. did i somehow inspire some fh item lore movement?

cmosier and shtnck eyh ckhhe like this.
  13. shtnck eyh ckhhe

Minecraft:
    These two are very cool, especially the Cryoseism one

Elysium_ and cmosier like this.
  14. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I should note that Keratoconus is exclusive to the Silent Expanse

DrGREEN likes this.
  15. Beanie Boi

Beanie Boi Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    holy moly holy moly holy moly

16. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uH I'm gonna share my submissions too!!

Temporal Lantern
    The passage of time seems to slow down near this lantern; and with the warmth it radiates, it indulges its wielder in deep tranquility.

Wanderlust
    There were once stories of a wanderer who got lost in the expanse with only a cloak to protect themself. Though driven mad by its horrors, they were able to overcome the landscape through sheer desire to explore it further.

Keratoconus
    The helmet overwhelms its wearer with an unbearable amount of knowledge. One would feel their body swell and their skin break apart as their brain uncontrollably expands.

Cryoseism
    i got nothin :'D

Overdrive
    This oddly-shaped antenna was designed by Cerid to intensify the amount of the static it has stored before discharging it, but it was too powerful that the device irreparably damages itself through the process. It's very rare to find one that isn't too faulty nowadays. (this one's so LONG idk how to shorten it :saltedespair:)

shtnck eyh ckhhe likes this.
  17. TntTheJester

TntTheJester Local Jester HERO

Minecraft:
    I didn’t really have much to contribute but I felt like wanting to make a funny quote for the Overdrive Relik. I ended up just making a funny poke / reference to that one cutscene where plankton states: “ NOT WHEN I SHIFT INTO MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE “ (no that’s not what I simply wrote, there was more but I forgot it-)

But gl to the winners!

18. shtnck eyh ckhhe

Minecraft:
    I like the idea of this one. It's not too exceptionally long compared to some of the in-game (and some of my contest submission) lores, though, dw

Elytry and ChrisWildfire like this.
  19. Voidrim

Voidrim greed warp enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why these random useless items and not mythics that are missing lore :(

20. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Because the devs don't like mythics.

Thread Status: