Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How would you improve the trade market GUI?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by bolyai, Aug 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafii2198

Rafii2198 Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Maybe some kind of side menu with your favorited items so that you can press on them to set a filter for them. Probably not that useful for experienced players who know most items, but other people would benefit from it greatly.
    Like for example, you found a cool build on internet, favorited missing items, and then you can just handle everything quickly and easily in game.

2. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Make an “affordable” filter that shows only items that you can afford for the emeralds in your inventory

3. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Even better if you can have another filter that considers your bank’s emeralds too (if that would possible/legal)

For example, let’s say you were looking to sell a Stratiformis and you wanted to compare against current listings. You search up all of the Strati on the market, and then you have an option to sort based on which listings are the most similar to the one you’re about to sell. That should help expedite price checking :)

(Note: I leave it to you to determine what ought to happen in edge cases such as A) no matching item in your inventory is found, B) there are multiple valid items matching your search in trade market, or C) you have multiple items in your inventory matching your trade market search)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    luckeyLuuk and bolyai like this.
  4. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  5. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Make it easier to search/filter identifications as right now it’s kinda grueling.

luckeyLuuk and Elysium_ like this.
  6. Tolemi959

Tolemi959 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Maybe I misunderstand, but I meant those feature whilst the trade market interface was already open. For example the selling of the item would go like this: You go to a trade market, open the interface, open your inventory, click on the item in the inventory you wish to sell, it automatically goes to the sell interface of the trade market (with the item you chose slotted).

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  7. bolyai

bolyai Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I would have to ask mods. Although this can be a bit of an unexpected feature..

8. AdrianOkanata

AdrianOkanata Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    1. Add some kind of telemetry to the mod, where whenever the the lowest price of an item without ids (for example basic items like powders or revealed but unidentified items) can be determined from the gui state (such as when someone sorts by "lowest first"), the mod sends the price to a central server and there is a website where you can go to look at the price history of items, just like HSB bazaar trackers.

2. Make it possible to search for skill point potions of a specific level, I don't think that there is currently a way to do this.

3. Show items sold by players with ranks before those sold by nons as a way to thank people for supporting the game.

4. Auto buy mode, where you can leave the client open with the trade market gui showing and it will automatically buy a specific item below a certain price whenever one shows up

5. Automatic price checker which tells you how much an item is likely to sell for.

6. Extend the trade market by allowing people to buy and sell things which aren't items such as services (such as playing with someone like epal.gg) and NFTs. Of course this feature would probably only be able to work if both the buyer and seller have the mod installed.

7. Auto refresh or a refresh button for search results (I don't think search results pages currently refresh)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    luckeyLuuk and bolyai like this.
  9. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Wynn already has buy orders, otherwise this is unfair advantage.

This is actually a lot harder than it seems, for little gain.

Search results refresh when pages are changed. I guess I could add refreshing that way.

Good suggestions. I will see how many I can fit into the first batch.

10. DarthVacuum

DarthVacuum Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I think this feature would be cool:
    Add a untax price feature that shows the untaxed price of the item next to the item's original price.
    This could be used for market flipping and understanding the actual value of items.

11. AlexFwfwfw

AlexFwfwfw Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I would add an Identification Expected Market Price (IEMP) of an given identified item based on its identifications, based on the current market value for the identifications.

You can make this by using every item on the market and making a correlation study on all the identification and compare them to the price of the items. Based on that, you can estimate your item value based on its identifications. The mathematics can be tricky but you are basically making a market study. I did that for the Idol market some weeks ago on Excel but you need to get all the information to the Excel manually. I was hooping this process could be automated on a mod or a script which I began working on it but I did not finished. However, Wynntils could automate this much easier given it already has every item stats.

My study was not the best and I am still trying to find the best mathematical model for this as my degree is not Economics nor Statistics but it would be very cool tbh! It would kinda delete market speculation at some degree.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  12. XenoJiiva

XenoJiiva Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I would love an option that shows what items have buy orders on them

Crouton_18 and luckeyLuuk like this.
  13. Lucky_Lunge

Lucky_Lunge Challenger CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you're still taking suggestions, a UI to input the number of emeralds we wish to sell an item, where you can click on a emerald/EB/LE/stack to raise the price or lower it by shift clicking (if people still want to type, they could just deactivate this option in the menu)

14. underlein

underlein Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This would be great, I hate typing in chat for item amounts and prices. A gui for item amount, price per item and a toggle for including tax would be amazing.

Gogeta likes this.
  15. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Hm, sure. With this system, it's probably not hard. But it will be a separate project of mine.

16. GoldenSF

GoldenSF Hazel

Minecraft:
    maybe add some kind of guidance to what filters there are available, if that is not yet implemented.:saltedhappy:

17. bolyai

Minecraft:
    It is, kind of. You can check the item guide in the mod to see what the TM will have.

GoldenSF likes this.
  18. underlein

underlein Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The dynamic filters are looking great, is there a filter for unid/ided items?

19. bolyai

Minecraft:
    I think you can indirectly search for it by item type or smth. We could add an explicit filter though.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  20. bolyai

Minecraft:
    Bump - Updated main post with a fully working demo. Expect this out soon in 1.20.2 Wynntils.

I have only added the first part of the list, I will work on adding the other half in a separate patch.

Gogeta, luckeyLuuk and TwageTomato like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.