Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I just had the most godly lootrun possible, and then my computer died. Do I have any recourse?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by MementoMoriTR, Aug 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MementoMoriTR

MementoMoriTR Skilled Adventurer

I got to the loot chest, opened it, immediately got a Quetzalcoatl and almost 40 LE without using any rerolls. I took a screenshot to show my friends, but while in the screen, my computer crashed. This is the best lootrun I will probably ever have, 3 hours of my time when I already don't have much of it. Do I have any recourse, any way to get this back? If not I am just quitting the game.

upload_2023-8-23_19-47-44.png
    upload_2023-8-23_19-47-36.png

2. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

nope, its like if you close a normal loot chest.

3. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is the saddest thing I have ever heard of

4. NoCatsNoLife

NoCatsNoLife Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You will be able to recover from this, just continue lootrunning!

5. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

nah 3 hours is a lot of time and lootrunning is mind numbing

Gogeta likes this.
  6. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay this is pretty sad and all, but in the Wynncraft Discord, there was a suggestion in the Constructive Feedback section with an identical screenshot to this one. There were also screenshots of you saying in a DM that you accidentally clicked the Close Chest button, not that your computer crashed. Just curious about that.

Gogeta, ChrisWildfire and Deusphage like this.
  7. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Oh shoot you're right, I just remembered it from yesterday
    After a quick check it turns out someone made a thread in Discord in the Constructive Feedback channel (Click Here To View The Thread) talking about this situation, and took a screenshot yesterday of the OP talking about it as an example:

[​IMG]

I went to check the original message, Memento Mori has since deleted the topmost message shown in the image

[​IMG]

Something sus is afoot

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    Gogeta, Ninja_VK, Deusphage and 2 others like this.
  8. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    Hello, I'm the OP of the Discord post and I have the screenshots on hold.
    It seems that the person's narrative changed mid-way and it's looking weird right now.
    What would that be?

Gogeta and Elysium_ like this.
  9. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Definitely something weird. I have also saved the screenshot from the original messages, so I’ll put them here now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    Gogeta likes this.
  10. Xae

Xae Skilled Adventurer

Hi, im the guy you argued with in the thread. Not trying to be a jerk but I literally told you that you should have gotten more context before making the thread…

11. MementoMoriTR

MementoMoriTR Skilled Adventurer

Lmao this thread is funny. I made this forum post hoping that the items were recoverable by staff intervention or some similar means of compensation. Clicking the x is my fault, though I do think it's so dumb that something like that is possible. I suppose you would call it weird, but I wrote this post saying it was a crash in the hopes that something out of my control would be more likely to get staff pity/intervention. It's pretty simple. I have no issue admitting that, and you can't really blame me for trying.

I quit gaming for a couple days and played again yesterday. I will say, I'm impressed at how this one devastating loss completely changed my outlook on lootruns; I used to be excited and hopeful but now I'm just mad and pessimistic. Probably going to play a lot less wynncraft in the future than I otherwise would have had this one thing not happened.

Gogeta likes this.
  12. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay. I’m sorry for your loss. Thank you for your response. Lying is bad.
    By the way, the staff have made it very clear in the past that there are no situations where items will be returned. Pretty sad, for some, but they probably have their reasons.

I still don’t understand how in the world you think that the idea of a 0.1 second delay in closing the chest, that would likely stop you from losing hours of work in the future, is so ridiculous that it should not be added to the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.