Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Void Rift (rp) - Intermission

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Exvhius, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Exvhius

Exvhius Master of the Forsulyn Mural VIP+

Minecraft:
    There's nobody following her, and it doesn't appear that anyone's near the portal from the library.

"You're asking the wrong person, I'm afraid. Wouldn't hurt to ask once we get there, but if you can hold off for a bit then Lady Xlentia's palace would have plenty of food and supplies you could stock up on," Rineth says, glancing at the coins as Imp-chan fiddles with them, "I don't know what currency they use here, though - if any."

Eyeballing the distance, there's about half an hour's walk to go. The only anomalous thing Imp-chan can find about the area is that Rineth's beads seem to wave as if blown in multiple directions, most of them different than that of the breeze.

2. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "So they just do business via trade of supplies if they forgo currency?" Imp-chan asks, "How...primitive. I mean, uh, how nostalgic!"
    Imp-chan hastily puts on a smile, pretending she'd not just insulted the people of the village.

Imp-chan slips the coin back into her pocket. It makes a quiet click as it hits the other coins she has stored there. Idly, she checks her other pockets, pulling something out of one of her back pockets. It appears to be a small nut of some sort.

"Woah, how long have I been carrying this around?" Imp-chan says, surprised, "They'd probably be interested in something like this at least if they lack currency..."

"Don't eat that." Imp-chan seems to whisper to herself.

3. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    "Perhaps, but far more reliable. Besides, what good is one world's coin on the next?" Rineth says with a chuckle.

4. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "You'd be surprised how many worlds tend to eventually fall into the same sort of currency system actually. Turns out representing value with an easily accumulated and traded object is a lot easier and fairer than carrying around items of value themselves," Imp-chan explains, "Coins are generally the most accepted, and as long as the materials are similar, you can trade enough of them before people realise you've been giving them the wrong change the whole time."

Imp-chan reaches into her pocket again, clinking her coins before pulling out a bronze square-shaped one with a small pentagonal hole punched in the centre. She offers it to Rineth.

"Same sort of currency, different design," Imp-chan shrugs, "I once visited a re- uh, world, that used enchanted gems for their currency though. Pain in the ass to get."

5. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    "Ah... I don't advise you try any tricks like that with Lady Xlentia," Rineth sighs.

6. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Mmm." Imp-chan hums, going quiet for a bit and trying to hasten her speed towards the shrine.

7. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    "Relax, I just don't want anyone getting hurt," Rineth chuckles, seeming stalwart in his pace, "I don't think you'll have to worry about currency around here anyways."

8. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imp-chan casually rests her hand on her gun again, almost as if driven by a desire to hold it once more. It remains safely in its holster, however.

"Why's that?" Imp-chan asks, her third eye looking towards Rineth while her primary ones look forward.

9. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    Rineth utterly towers over Imp-chan; her third eye can only really see his chin and snout, disregarding the many strands of beads.

"Well... if the village doesn't use currency and Lady Xlentia has little interest in what scraps of precious metals you may carry, don't you think it's a little silly to concern yourself with coins for the moment?"

10. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imp-chan looks offended for a moment, her expression turning a little more sour.

"Let's just get to the village." Imp-chan says bluntly.

11. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    Rineth chuckles.

"Surely you've met a dragon during your travels, yes? You know how they can be."

12. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I've met quite a few. Killed quite a few," Imp-chan shrugs, "Talked with fewer, though. They're not the greatest conversation partners when most just want to kill you."

"...Some of which have, a few times." Imp-chan adds quietly.

13. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    Rineth glances over.

"...What sort of primitive worlds have you been to?"

14. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Many ones where dragons have been a continual threat. There's only been a few where they've had any sort of coexistence," Imp-chan explains, "I'm sure its hard for you to believe as half one yourself, but your kind is seldom known for their wisdom, and more often known as a beast to be slain for the good of the people."

15. JoshLegacy

JoshLegacy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm confused, is this active again?

16. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes.

17. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    Getting there, yes. Right now this is just an intermission since I'm not able to commit to a schedule yet, but the intent is to get rolling again.
    "No, that line of thought is fairly common even towards those who have polymorphed themselves to better fit into society. It's just more often rooted in misunderstanding or acts rather than truth, in our case," Rineth mutters, glancing over at Imp-Chan with a tinge of concern, "though I'm sure you'll find that out firsthand soon enough."

18. Nepeta Leijon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "As long as you don't try to burn me to a crisp and eat me, I'm sure we won't have any issues," Imp-chan says, narrowing her eyes at Rineth, as if doubtful, "Burning to death isn't exactly pleasant. It ruins my clothes."

19. GlacierStaff

GlacierStaff Skilled Adventurer

Tulip looks around in awe and shock as she had never seen this many books in one place.

"Tulip. My name is Tulip." Tulip answered anxiously.

Tulip takes a few steps closer to the desk, "If you don't mind me asking, where am I? What happened to Grace? Who are you?"

20. Exvhius

Minecraft:
    Rineth chuckles.
    "Ah, don't worry about that. We're not all fire breathers... at that, my breath isn't that much of a weapon unless you're trying to fight insomnia. Regardless, I would like to remind you that I do come from a civil society."
    "Tulip... no, definitely haven't seen you before. You can call me Azure if you wish."

Azure eyes Tulip over as she glances around the infinite expanse of books and shelves.

"As for your other questions... well, you're in the Void Singularity. Good news is you're safe, bad news is this was a one way trip. I don't know what happened to Grace, but explore the expanses long enough and I'm sure you'll find a version of her."
    They narrow their eyes a bit, as if trying to think of how to better explain the situation.
    "See, the Void Singularity isn't exactly real. Everything that has ever been and could ever be? You'll find it. It's... kind of like being outside of the present, if you're into chronomancy. Example - you talking to me? Another you might remember some of this in the form of a dream, but this isn't what actually happened... and I don't know what actually happened."

They sigh, realizing they probably only made things more confusing.

"...Sorry, it's hard to explain. Just... don't think about it too hard, yeah? No point in worrying about that sort of stuff here."