Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Art Battle Stance Lari

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by GavinsMC, Apr 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GavinsMC

GavinsMC Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Lari in her battle stance before fighting the player (ROL 4) or Bak'al (ROL 5).

Was very excited to do add some gray to this piece! I do believe Lari has the best character in the series, so I had to pay homage and make her look badass. Hopefully she's doing fine in Dern.

export202304061550260203.png

Based on a previous comic! I can't post links yet, but it should be close to this post in the Art Section. It's titled "The Two Lightbenders."

2. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    Looks awesome

3. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    looks very good! HOWEVER HOW IS LARI A GOOD CHARACTER SHE LITERALLY FAILS TO DO THE ONE THING SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO DO AND CONITINUES TO FAIL FOR 1000 YEARS

4. TheAckening

TheAckening Local YIMBY

Its possible to like characters who aren't all-powerful???

5. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    its not that shes all powerful its that it goes against all common sense and is extremely infuriating

GavinsMC likes this.
  6. Trashiejunkyard

Trashiejunkyard Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Lari is character conceptually wise is pretty okay and average as she meant to have flaws and later develop and overcome those flaws

but due to plot pacing of the game, it does not execute really well and still leave bad impression of the character
    All of Lari hate is understandable but most of them are pretty overreacted to the point of childish sometime.
    Lari can be likable character, I found quite amount of people who actually like her. As person who draw a lot of Lari, it pretty annoying to see comment people like "nice art but I hate lari" like okay? Don't comment then?

Luigifan100, shacers and TheAckening like this.
  7. GavinsMC

GavinsMC Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Haha! I knew that statement would bounce back a little. I understand that she's super flawed, but that's what gives her personality and character!

I like to compare her to Bob. Everyone loves Bob, even me, because he's just so cool especially in 886AP! But while I like him, i feel as though he has no character detail other than when he lost his two mothers. We still don't know where Bob is, (dead or dern) but I can't really say much about his character since he's simply just a badass.

Lari, on the other hand, is developed and realistic.
    One of the things people hate about her is that she tries to kill you in ROL4. I find that super reasonable as her judgement is clouded in anger. Imagine inchworming towards something for a thousand years, only to have a random soldier do it all in 3-4 quests. In that thousand years of work, shes gotten no praise, lost a partner, and is living alone in the swamp. Meanwhile, the player is able to access the taproot immediately, and is even able to get into ROL pretty fast. She states "Stop stealing my life!" which greatly puts emphasis on her losing her entire role for the past 1000 years. The player character isn't necessarily wrong for doing that obviously, but Lari had every right to lash out.
    Another thing I want to speak about is developed Lari (Lari in ROL5). I think we needed to see more of her. She was super reliable and eager to redeem herself, yet we only see that for one quest.
    There's always been the notion that being a failure means being a bad character, but I strongly disagree. Adversity always brings about character development. And Lari having faced alot of adversity, whether caused by enemies or herself (or even allies since the light never guided her), has allowed Lari to grow her character, flesh out her flaws and how she deals with them.

So comparing Bob to Lari. People say Bob is awesome, and I agree. But i believe people should also say Lari is awesome. While one is a badass, the other matures into a badass aswell.

shacers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.