Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What in your opinion is the worst quest.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Departmentalized, Mar 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I don't get it. Did it use to be bugged or because it is so long?

shacers likes this.
  2. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    From the Bottom

3. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Feathers Fly part 2.

No other quest compares to the AGONY of spending 30 minutes clicking in alternating patterns. No skips, nothing. It requires me to use my brain for something that should be mindless and its annoying af.

Story wise: RoL 4 cause its where most of Lari's terrible writing comes in to play.

(Rol 3 isn't so bad because I can do other things while I hold shift. TFF2 is just pure garbage.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  4. MrYoghurt2004

MrYoghurt2004 Warrior Gang Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is the worst opinion ever i am unsubbing!!! you are so wrong, truly an incorrect statement

Probably lost tower idk

5. AhmadTing

AhmadTing The AhmadTing

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really dislike the bad one

6. tatofish

tatofish free ahmadting

Guild:
    i totally agree

AhmadTing likes this.
  7. freeahmadting

freeahmadting Travelled Adventurer

im ahmadting

8. DarkYou

DarkYou Average Nirvana Enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    Realm of Light III - A Headless History

In my opinion, it's by far the most tedious and boring quest I ever did on this server. Forcing every single class to listen to all the lore is a really inconsiderate design choice.

For me It's predecessor The Headless Hunt was superior in every way, despite being much shorter.

The Realm of Light IV - Finding the Light is a close second, mostly because of Lari's writing...
    Let's just say I'm not exactly a fan of it...

9. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the puzzle traumatized me! i had to cut out like half an hour in my first ever guide on it :(

10. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah having the Almuj bank be locked behind a quest is kinda stupid, but i also like the quest too. I think it should be kept, but it should be changed so the start is in the al
    this. This is basically a glorified miniquest that adds literally nothing to the game besides XP, emeralds, and an NPC. The Lost Tower should be kept as like an eco-cave and maybe increase the rewards for other quests around Nemract to balance this ig. Laen could just be a random historian in Nemract about the battle of Nemract in 0 ap.

11. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh let me tell you I'll gladly tell you
    Basically, it was making it so the whole reason the story from our players' perspective got set in motion (the opening of the portal to corruption) was because some elves were like BUT MUH IMMORTALITY !!!!!!! When they cut down the old guardian of the forest. Which, by the way, had little to no explanation or buildup to how it somehow was the thing keeping the war of the realms out of the overworld. Nothing about the humans mining too deep for emeralds, nothing about how the portals actually GOT THERE, nothing about the WynnEx crystals, nothing new about the corruption, just some fake melodrama and a poor attempt to hamfist the Wynn province storyline to the shitty, generic, cookie-cutter Realm of Light one. Also, the quest has NOTHING to do with Aldorei's Secret part 1. Some wynn quests have bad writing but at least they don't take a fat dump on other parts of the lore/story. I could go on-and-on but this goes over my most egregious gripes with the quest.

12. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

The latter

TrapinchO likes this.
  13. freemyboyeric__

freemyboyeric__ Newbie Adventurer

the quest where they banned eric__ was really bad

14. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    i agree

however i did quite enjoy finding the light because of a specific canned abis.... and also because lari thinks she was winning but actually shes about to die

Departmentalized likes this.
  15. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, the Physical Plane already had influences of Light and Dark on it well before 0 AP. They were already fighting over territories.

They have absolutely nothing to do with Corruption or The Realm of War.

This is the storyline. The War of the Realms is the main storyline.

16. Etherweaver

Etherweaver Overseer of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was about to pull out the classic ASP2 rant but you got there even before me, that quest somehow manages to make an entire race even more one-dimensional, destroys the player’s storyline and the overarching theme of greed, and to top it all off, creates the most annoying supporting character I’ve ever seen since Lari herself.

17. Etherweaver

Etherweaver Overseer of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At least in my own opinion, the player never truly joined the War of the Realms to spread Orphion’s influence-they did it to save Gavel and Wynn from the Corruption and Decay. The main storyline should be focused around the player’s efforts to protect their home, not beating the Dern Beast and winning the War for the Light. Furthermore, the player’s own race, humans, originally started their side of the conflict, which once again makes a human solving it much more thematically interesting.

I don’t like ASP2 because it does two things-changing the driving catalyst behind the storyline to literally become a big misunderstanding, and forcefully tying the player’s personal story to that misunderstanding (which by the way is a completely different storyline that’s basically unconnected to the player’s own.) It also removes character agency (instead of the greed of the miners, an antagonistic movement that ties to the theme, it blames it on a foreign mistake, which is just bad writing in general that doesn’t create as much tension as an active antagonist.)

18. cmosier

cmosier cmosier VIP Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    can i also just mention how STUPID orphion is in this quest??? for reference, here is the timeline of the events that led to the guardian of the forest being cut down:
    1. everything is completely fine. orphion is chilling, the guardian of the forest is alive, and nobody has any thoughts of cutting down the tree. like, why would they?
    2. orphion goes "hell yea im gonna give this dude a dream about cutting down my beloved tree." what?? the dream was sent as a warning, apparently, but why? what, orphion wanted them to not cut down his tree? they were ALREADY not cutting down his tree.
    3. elf dude gets the dream, and because orphion sends zero context and zero explanation, he (rightly) assumes that it is a message from god and (wrongly) assumes that it's an encouragement.
    4. orphion's beloved tree is chopped down and the portals open and hungry parasite gets a snack

i already disliked the recurring motto in the rol series of lari and orphion failing just due to communication failures, but.. christ man, this is something else. like, come on, this is the best theme you can come up with? "miscommunication is bad" is not a deep, or thoughtful, or meaningful theme. wynn's storyline is a tale about harrowed gods, soldiers losing their sanity to corruption, worlds being created and ruined, and the indominable fighting spirit of all living things. and you're telling me the single largest plot point in this entire story all revolves around... just an idiotic miscommunication?
    not sure how well i worded that. which is ironic. but i really wish this quest had dug deeper and explored thoughts that the rol quests couldn't.

19. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never said that...?

20. Aledar

Aledar A wynncraft Enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I would say ???, Elemental Exercise and ROL 3. There are other bad quests such as the frickin purple and blue quest

shacers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.