Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER How do you WANT Wynncraft's story to end?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DaCorruption, Feb 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Player dies of dysentery

2. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The king turns to the player after a victorious final battle, a tear running down his cheek: “you, great hero, have woncraft…”

PercyTW, Fox, MlecznyHuxel99 and 15 others like this.
  3. Femboy Orphion

Femboy Orphion Bi Furry Femboy (Average Wynncraft Player) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just think about the dialogue:

After defeating the dern beast: "He was right after all. Dark. Light. We clashed. We opposed. But to what purpose? To what end? I am Dark. It is Light. We are but one in the same. One cannot exist without the other, for how does a light shine if not surrounded by darkness, and how does life make its way through the dark without light? We must peacefully coexist. I will liberate the dark, for their enslavement merely was to bring order to the realms. Well done adventurer, well don-

Bak'al teleports in: "No master, you were always right."

Beast: "Wha-what are you doing here?! LEAVE. NOW."

(The dern beast has been heavily weakened and is near death from bob's sacrifice and your battle)

Bak'al: "There may only be one force in this world for order to exist. And if it's not going to be darkness..."

Bak'al murders the beast: "... It must be something else."

(To player) Bak'al: "...see you in Ragni. *Laughs*"

Then he sends his buffed armies on a rampage throughout the province that makes it look halfway between the forgery world and normal, and you have to defend several cities while also trying to find a way to stop the corruption. He only shows up in Ragni, the last city you defend, presents orphion's severed head to you.

Bak'al: "... And now, there is. But. One. I think you know where to find me. If you wish to try to "save" the world, confront me from beyond."

Yeah no it's not the most lore accurate but the more I think about the more it seems appropriate that the nether is the final region. What would its purpose serve pre dern? Kinda filler. But as the final threat... Wynncraft is about fighting wars. The realm of war and this brutal Wynn corruption war campaign would be a great way to end it.

Yay I'm done!

4. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bak'al at this point is a Padain Fain-like figure. friend of the Dark, generally mysterious, not the Big Bad but frighteningly and inexplicably strong — he either dies as an afterthought in the final campaign or is the True Final Boss of the story, there's no in-between with this guy.

personally, i'm a fan of the "Dern Beast was critically wounded by Bob anyway, is barely a threat, and there's a complication in the plot instead of a final confrontation against it" route. Orphion in the RoL quests is. also an eldritch horror, underneath the high fantasy dressing. an ending where we either bring balance to the force twilight some kind of reconciliation or destroy them both is the only way, i feel.

and then we go to space

5. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Less of an eradication, more of a "de-powering" event that forces both planes of influence to lose their direct influence on the world. My thought process is as follows:
    • Light Portal weakens in Gavel, but not fully closes, limiting Orphion's influence on the world to just the Light Forest. Kander Forest is not healed and remains decayed, but the decay is halted by the destruction of the Dark parasites.
      • What does this imply for the Light/Kander Forest region? Can there be a resurgence of these parasites now that Orphion willingly limited his influence to just one area?
    • Dark Portal in Wynn is similarly weakened, limiting the Dern Beast's influence on the world to just the Silent Expanse.
      • Obviously, this requires buildup. We don't know if the influence of the Dern Beast can be weakened like Orphion's, but we do know that the beasts cannot be slain - only corrupted or put into dormancy.
        • This leaves the important question - if we know that the beasts can be subdued but not killed (see Orphion), can we knock the Dern Beast out as a group of mortals? Or would a super-powered artifact be required to do so from the Realm of Light?
        • What are the consequences of putting both beasts out of commission?
    • Corruption, no longer unable to sustain due to the greatly limited influence of both Realm of Light and Realm of Darkness (Dern != Realm of Darkness, probably), no longer propagates. The damage however persists, and the portal remains open, albeit weakly, which limits its influence to just Roots of Corruption, through which Nether is finally accessible (as a post-game Level 105+ area, perhaps?).
      • How will this work from a lore and gameplay perspective?
    • The limiting of influence is caused by forcing both beasts, Light and Dark, to slumber - preventing them from actively going after each other. The War of Realms continues, but with the influence of both realms limited to just the general area of their respective portals (with Corruption no longer actively spewing forth and spreading), mortals (including Elves) can now deal with the consequences of their ancestors' actions (pre-portal Elves opening up the portal to the Realm of Light, thus allowing Dern Beast to interact with Orphion, sparking the War of Realms).
      • This would require the entire WynnEx storyline to be revamped from scratch to better fit the narrative, as well as expanding upon some of the Darkness related quests. A fifth WynnEx quest could also be considered as a bait & switch to reveal that "yes, the crystals exist, but their purpose is far beyond your understanding, and you need some sort of a limiter to stop cosmic energy from ravaging this province".
        • The details of this limiter would then have to be explained. Is it natural or man-made? Where is it? Why hasn't WynnExcavation/GavelExcavation heard of it, or if they have heard of it why they didn't act on it? How is it a limiter? What is it limiting, and why? Many questions would then have to be answered through either straight up telling the player during its accompanying quests or leaving lore breadcrumbs behind in the form of Secret Discoveries.
    • What happens to all the characters we encountered during the War of Realms arc?
      • After RoL5, is Lari dead or alive? If she's alive, then how did she survive? If not, then how did she die?
      • Who are the major overall protagonist and antagonists of this arc, and how important are they to the storyline? If they are, then how so?
    • Can the War of Realms arc converge with other questlines? How does the War of Realms arc impact the overall story of the game, given that it is the main storyline of the game? (e.g. Dwarves, Elves, Doguns, Villagers et al. team up to deal with a potentially world ending threat)
    A lot of questions would have to be answered when designing the quests/questlines that give this definitive conclusion to Wynncraft's main storyline, in a way that says "most of the game's major conflicts have been resolved for the time being, but we will leave some threads still open for the future".

Ariconnie48 and DaCorruption like this.
  6. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Realm of Influence responsible for Corruption is known as The Realm of War. Additionally, 105 is not going to be post game for much longer. Assuming a middle ground, where Fruma increases level cap by 10, and adds 12 levels of new content from 103-115, and assuming that Dern would be similar, that would make post game be 125+. On the high end, it could be as great as 140+

The War of the Realms began before time. The actions of Elder Prometheus did not cause the War to start, merely for the event known as The Equinox to occur, and for many fights in our world to break out

BethJerry likes this.
  7. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Many of these ideas are nice and interesting, especially Samsam's.

In my ideal headcanon, after the defeat/death of Light and Darkness the Corruption would eventually spread everywhere, bringing end to the world. (in my opinion Corruption should by final, so yeah...)

But this is not realistic, so I think having everyone-withdraws-from-the-Overworld ending is good as well.

The WHAT

8. Femboy Orphion

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah no bak'al finishes off dern beast, then kills orphion, and fights you in the nether. Instead of... The corruption?! turning against bak'al, rather, it is the beasts that find the power to break out from him, which allows you to deliver the final blow. Then the beasts make peace with each other and proceed with the purification of the nether.

shacers likes this.
  9. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corruption only occurs when Light and Dark clash though, so without them there would be no more corruption.

10. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    For me, once you create the "nuclear waste" you can't really ever get rid off it. It becomes separate. There would be no more Corruption "created" (because of the lack of conflict), but it might still spread, although at (much) slower speed.

11. sentient lump

sentient lump Travelled Adventurer

i personally would like an ending that lets me punch every npc in the face (except seaskipper he's cool) and then settle down, because regardless of whether or not ive done anything remotely useful, i have touched everyone's hearts. and their faces. with my fists.

12. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay serious answer time:

After the final quest/raid/dungeon/whatever is over, and the conclusion to the player's journey is reached, I want them to roll the credits while forest dance and the detlas theme play in the background. Give us time to reflect on an adventure over a decade in the making while crediting everyone who has ever worked on the server's code and content (minus those who did awful shit, but there aren't too many of them).

...I realize this isn't about wynncraft's story, but I dont know anything about the lore lmao

13. Femboy Orphion

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What inspired this because it's legit the best wynncraft theory Ive heard.

shacers likes this.
  14. Sy1veon

Sy1veon Skilled Adventurer

Yeh fight Dern Beast, maybe with Orphions help?

15. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Kicking out prevailing influence of both the Darkness and the Light from the physical world, so that mortals could choose their own paths and create their own stories without outside interference. Maybe a good way to lead up to that would be to have the Realm of Corruption essentially be the remains of other physical dimensions that were destroyed by the dark vs light war. Bak’al could be from one of those destroyed realms and could be serving (and being deceived and used by) the Dern beast in hope that his realm would be restored. On the flip side, Orphion would also be using our desire to save Wynn to manipulate us to fight his war. It would be the player realizing the toll of the light/dark war that would lead to its end in the physical realm, perhaps redeeming or making an uneasy alliance with Bak’al in the process.

Fox and starx280 like this.
  16. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Imaging being on Wynncraft for over 9 years and still not knowing anything about the lore

17. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Bak'al is estabilished to be from Wynn province and to be insane, trying to spread Corruption.

And whether Nether was a physical realm or not depends on your headcanon, but the official one in a realm of Influence.

18. Femboy Orphion

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the best thread I've seen in a while

19. sentient lump

sentient lump Travelled Adventurer

we team up with bob's ghost like a stand and punch the dern beast 1000 times until it explodes

20. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    this one is cool thank you samsam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.