Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Patch 2.0.2 Full Changelog - Guild Housing, Assassin Changes & More!

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by HeyZeer0, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really great housing changes, will have to dig around on the ability tree changes to see how they are.

PlasmaWarrior and starx280 like this.
  2. KlokkeBlomst

KlokkeBlomst Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Is there an estimate on the price of the subscription?

starx280 and Demogarose like this.
  3. xct

xct Perseverance CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can you believe it guys? IRL TRADING UPDATE, just a week away. IRL TRADING UPDATE is in a week! Woohoo! I am so happy about this information. IRL TRADING UPDATE! Just a week away, oh wow. Can you believe it? IRL TRADING UPDATE! Just in a week! It got here so fast! IRL TRADING UPDATE! Just a week away!

4. Cinfu

Cinfu Dumbest Person Alive CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Holy shit am excited for this, assassin finally viable again?
    Also yay, bug fixes, Wynn now actually has 0 bugs!
    The event isles are also awesome, and I’m not too unhappy with the other changes. Very based all in all, thanks heyzeero salted and whoever else

starx280 and _Unbeatable_ like this.
  5. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it was an awesome but also terrifying experience, getting to see so much, but i think we all managed to do a decent job in the 4 days we had lol :p would love to do it again

6. Cinfu

Cinfu Dumbest Person Alive CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yup this is the one thing I’m unhappy about, though I’ll absolutely dump any and all of my pocket money into Wynn if need be

7. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tf you got mods for cuh

ThedumbOX, xct, Calluum and 1 other person like this.
  8. EmeraldWave

EmeraldWave Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Very awesome!

9. Gladionus

Gladionus Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mvp++ fr ong

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  10. NotchKiller

NotchKiller Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Holy moly! Finally i can lootrun with higher hopes of getting anything from these chests
    • Add a failsafe to Eye Cave in Silent Expanse to prevent AFK farming chests
    • Add a failsafe to Skyshroom Cave in Sky Islands to prevent AFK farming chests

11. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is like my fuckin 4th comment here but I dont care I'll keep em coming

This isn't a "reasoning", it's an excuse. This is, if anything, gonna encourage cheating and irl trading even more. If the economy wasn't fucked enough, it will be now.

Icy, shacers and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  12. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    I'm surprised people are taking the subscription service the wrong way. Wynn is merely building their own economy akin to how other MMOs like World of Warcraft allow you to use wow gold as as an alternative way of paying your monthly subscription; paying it by playing the game.

Wynn doesn't even has a monthly subscription as Final Fantasy XIV and the former mentioned WOW have, and takes every new player in instead, so small incentives like reducing the TM tax are more negligible than people are making it to be.

Furthermore, Wynn having its own tradable currency can finally put an end to those duping LE behind the scenes and manipulating the TM directly. There's a difference between selling duped LE for irl money which affects the prices of mythics versus paying or earning with your own effort a subscription that can begin helping you resell mythics for a profit honorably. As things are, reselling mythics with the current tm tax is very profitable, so for members that actively participate in the economy, this is close to a provider discount.

Lastly, I think there's a lot of good things to come from this subscription system. Gaming economies have become larger than some of the largest economies in real life, to the point people actually make it a business to sell WoW accounts for thousands of dollars. I think wynn having its own currency adds a lot of value to wynn's community because it will open the game to ways other players are used to in other MMOs.

ShadowMage1, Ask4, starx280 and 5 others like this.
  13. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm and something about that worries me.
    It is right? I'm really sorry if it is.

14. Yuta Okkotsu

Yuta Okkotsu I’m not racist because I hate all races equally VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can’t believe it! They actually added my idea for guild islands!

15. xct

Minecraft:
    Remove the tm tax cut from the sub and it'll be optional like all purchases should be. you cant make this shit up its literally p2w if anyone says it isnt they are overdosing on the good stuff for real

shacers likes this.
  16. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    Not at all. Zeer already explained most of what my replied said within the "more info" spoiler. I just wanted to dive in on some details like comparing the economic situation among other popular MMO's and what positive things we can look up to, one being a more favorable economic situation for wynn to cover their costs, second being less illegal trading and third the opportunities it opens for the community. I wasn't trying to mock anyone for disagreeing with the subscription system or anything, just giving my own two cents on why people shouldn't knock it yet until they try it.

17. xct

Minecraft:
    you do know that in your ending paragraph you literally said irl trading is a good thing lmao

18. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    Not really what I said. I said its a common practice in other MMO's to grind and sell accounts for money and how that's often connected to buying and trading wow gold. As its an in-game currency, wow gold can be used for exchanges beyond simply buying your monthly subscription. What I meant to say is that wynn having its own currency that ties irl money to in-game money makes so only wynn benefits from irl trading and not the black market. Also, irl trading isn't inherently bad? I suppose with being able to trade silver bull shares, some of the current irl trading rules will be modified to accommodate for that currency. IRL trading has always been seen as bad because its been abused by players, and this is a way wynn can intervene in a positive way that's a win-win to everyone (wynn gets to cover their costs and players have a better way of exchanging without being against the rules and without being unfair to other players since anyone with enough effort can get some shares).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    Ask4 likes this.
  19. Lemon

Lemon God has forsaken me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can someone tell me what is the point of ing grinding, lootrunning, or proffing now that you can just work an extra shift at work irl and most likely make several times more than you ever would in game?

Namakobushi and Castti like this.
  20. Ian1KV

Ian1KV Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That's literally how it's always worked; now it's just done legitimately instead of under the table.

Fox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.