Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Quit Moments

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by meef, Dec 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meef

meef Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i have lost 3 mythic daggers but never any other item idk why

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  2. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    This isn't a quit moment for me but it forces me to skip a surprisingly large amount of content in the early game:
    The dungeons

Ok so, at level 5 we have the first dungeon cool. Then at level 14 the next one. Ok so that's a 9 levels buffer between dungeon and dungeon. Not bad. Then there is the next two dungeons.
    Infested Pit is level 14, Lost Sanctuary is level 21 and Underworld Crypt is level 24. Between the 2nd dungeon and the 3rd one there are 7 levels without dungeon. Okay, it is less than the previous gap but it is still a decent one I suppose. And then there is a 3 level gap between dungeons? I'm always gonna end up skipping one of these two because they are just to close together. I don't think I've completed Studying the Corrupt nor normal Lost Sanctuary in literal years, not because the content is bad (though the dungeon definitely shares 1st place with Ice Barrows for most needed reworks, it is just a really tedious and repetitive dungeon and I don't really like Garoth's fight) but because it takes too little time to get to level 24 and just do UC instead.

Meanwhile, after these two dungeons the level gaps become 9-10 levels again. UC is level 24, SST is level 33. Then IB is level 43. After that at level 52 we have UR and finally at level 61 GG. The average is 9 to 10 levels between each dungeon, and there would be a 10 level gap between IP and UC if Lost Sanctuary didn't exist.

Either one of the dungeons needs to go to let more breathing room or they need to get better spread through the levels, because I refuse to believe anyone runs both Lost Sanctuary and Underworld Crypt after their first playthrough when you level as quickly as you do in the early game. The dungeons after these two feel very well spread and you do get to use them as what they are supposed to be: a source of xp and replayable content. Lost Sanctuary and Underworld Crypt are so close together that once you finish one's quest you can basically do the next one nearly inmediately.

I'm sensing a new dungeons rework is inminent since they are a very important part of the game which is starting to get pretty old and the entrance to Ice Barrows got reworked this last update and Charon's fight got updated. I hope they either make the dungeons so good they are worth replaying even if there is only a 3 level gap between some of them or they spread them a bit better so I don't find it completely pointless to run some.

3. bigmoneytim

bigmoneytim There is no war in the Fruman walls VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Died with like 3 soul points and lost my armor and main weapon
    2. Died in WynnExcavation site D
    3. Was unable to do FF because bug
    4. Killed Orange Wybel 6 times and didn't get slider

starx280 likes this.
  4. KingQwerty

KingQwerty Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Olux afking at lvl 54 made me lose everything

If you can’t fix mobs spawning in towns, at least have an info message appear in chat once in a while telling players to /class when afking. Wouldn’t be hard to do and would help a lot of people

5. turtletop

turtletop Well-Known Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    when i accidentally dropped my diablo into the hoppers that boss altars used to have

starx280 likes this.
  6. ssyber

ssyber Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If you log out during Sewers of Ragni it glitches out and you can't continue the quest. I did this twice and both times I had to warp out to ragni using a scroll and restart.

starx280 likes this.
  7. Bottled_Phantom

Bottled_Phantom Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Rerolled my Stardew and got garbage, and next reroll cost stxs

8. BisexualDog

BisexualDog Boogie Boy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    A journey beyong hardlocked my character for nearly a year. Was by far the worst experience I ever had on wynn and it let me take a break for a good while. It was finally fixed though.

9. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not really a moment per say, but seeing like 90 percent of all my in game friends and guild members quitting is my biggest factor in why I would quit (if I ever did)

But actual moments that made me take a break at the very least:
    -Dying on my HIC class due to game freezing lag
    -100% completing a class
    -Finishing grinding professions

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  10. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    I almost forgot about this one: I almost quit the game after visiting almuj for the very first time. I got killed over and over by an emerald golem that had somehow made their way out of the labyrinth and into the city. I lost almost all my items. I was really close to just quitting the game and never coming back, but I looked up the mob on the wiki and realized that wasn't actually supposed to happen. I switched worlds, went back to detlas, bought some new gear from the market, and kept on playing.

11. Bottled_Phantom

Minecraft:
    everything before lvl90 feels terribly boring for me ;(

12. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    level 90-100 was my boring time... couldnt level up easily because only 1 quest per level

also junes has gotten me killed multiple times with her FUCKING STUPID QUICKSAND DISCOVERY AHHHHH. IT TAKES LIKE 10 MINUTES TO GET THROUGH AND THE ONLY WAY OUT IS /KILL

13. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    soul points, especially very early in the game when you don't have many and it is easier to die a lot.

frivolous quests. It would be better (IMO) if there was a clear distinction between main arc and side quests.

shacers likes this.
  14. meef

Minecraft:
  15. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    one more - unavoidable parkour in every dungeon and may quests. Not everyone has the skill or dexterity. Parkour over to a chest with emeralds and items you can't get unless you can make it would be better. Maybe even multiple chests with increasing difficulty of parkour between them. This is an RPG; I might not have ever started playing if I had realized how much content I would end up not doing.

shacers and luckeyLuuk like this.
  16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One final thought is end game monotony. Not sure anything can really be done to address that other than slowly adding content. It's tough to pull off keeping players engaged at a high level instead of just having them be done and maybe starting again (which is an option). I have done two classes and might do a third, but not right away.

17. Bottled_Phantom

Minecraft:
    I have 2 classes well-progressed and am trying to level other 3 classes at the same time
    where doing quests becomes a punishment ;(

18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yep, especially ones I struggled with due to dexterity/skill or clunky mechanics (button presses not always registering in time critical play is the worst). I have two at lv 105, archer and warrior, and find I am enjoying playing both battle monk (which I used for levelling up) and paladin on my warrior class. It's a pain to switch; completely different set of armor and weapon, major ability tree changes and different allocation of points. I would really like another warrior class instance but I really don't want the pain of levelling up the second one. If I do it, I will pretty quickly switch to just grinding and doing only required quests (that will block late level and end game content) and most of those after I am above level so they will go quicker.

19. meef

Minecraft:
    Since people are talking about pain of leveling classes or quests I wanted to through the idea of a max level item that some other mmos use
    Basically levels you to max level instantly and completes the content that’s needed for that so you can experience the endgame with out the grind I don’t think it’s needed
    Obvs you need to get max level normally first then this can be obtained

20. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    On the contrary I would like to say I personally enjoy leveling quite a lot, especially replaying quests (specifically the good ones though, I can't say I enjoy doing temple of legends every time I level a class)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.