Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait - really? Lifeswap has played a number of different classes; not sure if they all still show. One of the top 3 or 4 xp contributors in the guild. Worked on a record play though this time; that total includes all quests and dungeons. I think movement along the surface and jumps - basically the core of mc - translates well between classes. But yes, they are very talented. Also makes great walk speed + regen food and sticks it in the guild bank. I have enjoyed snacking on a bit of it. When my bmonk beat Qira, I munched on some of that and used a scroll for about 3k hp bonus plus some defense and I got down into the low hundreds at one point.

2. TinyCookieJar

TinyCookieJar Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yeah, they only started playing boltslinger 2 weeks ago

3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    discussing with them, ran backwards the entire time with the escap-storm-storm... launch every now and then.

4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Big change for archer:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...R0Ji0qB0o0o1G1R0t1g000010000Izz++++--l1-Uj7e0
    WynnBuilder build:
    Morph-Stardust
    Libra
    Greaves of the Veneer
    Sempiternal
    Photon
    Photon
    Remikas' Authority
    Contrast
    Torrential Tide [w6]
    based loosely on this build that LifeSwap used against greg and is likely their end game build:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...40OH0qB0o0o1T1f0t1g000010000Izz++++--l1-Uj7e0
    though it may be that they want no credit for my on hand substitutions, but if you open both and flip back and forth the numbers on the right are very similar. One difference is that their spell cost is lower but my mana regen is higher.
    I have a lot to learn about playing the better style for end game.

Not posting most recent bmonk build as I have been messing around with it and testing several. I have one that might be it for most content.

I need to get to a good build I stick with most of the time and a small subset of swaps for situations that need it, like cheap charge for eo with enough power and defense to beat the eye. I may end up doing that with someone who has a lot of patience or is also slow getting through the parkour. Flying that parkour is one place I would argue that aerodynamics is required; there are some tight turns where overshooting just a little and turning around won't work; the barriers is just to tight around it and even a glancing blow kills enough momentum to keep you from making it.

Bmonk has been testing by soloing scrap. With the better builds, I can do that almost indefinitely. One interesting feat bmonk pulled off was using the shortcut key to overlap charges and gain height (holding R button links them and goes further but gains no height) to land in a tree, waiting for mana regen, then gaining more height but saving enough for a war scream that took down an avia.

5. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello, I’ve recently gotten my assassin to 102 and I’ve returned to my old lv37 boltslinger archer, and I’m looking for a lv35-37 spell spam build, if you can do that, along with any tips for a starter that would be great!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really didn't spell spam back then, but if I did, it would have been with Snakeroot Bow or Nemract's Rage.

Have you looked at this?
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...de-with-all-legendary-and-fabled-bows.298661/

There is good advice and build tips for Snakeroot. I can't remember what my primary bow was in the 30s, but I was trying to hustle through them to use Thunderbolt at lv 42. But I was concentrating on main at that point and it was really good for my playstyle. The above guide suggests you may actually want to continue with Snakeroot at that point if primarily using spells.

7. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer has now completed the Journey quests so that he can be killed by Greg!

bmonk had a terrible time getting through the bouncing wall parkour, to the point where I was trying to quit the quest. then a kind soul saw my post about it, saw me online, messaged me, joined my world, flew into the tower and walked me through the first tall one. Bmonk didn't do the short ones; you can fly to the top of the tower from a cave mouth.

So I took a short (about a minute) video of archer doing it. The same technique does work in the other part where there are only patches, but it takes more tries. Still works from one spot. You hit bare spots and slide down to the top edge of one below and bounce over the catch the very bottom edge up one further up. F5, F5, position the mouse right, then touch nothing but A and D keys until standing on the ledge at the top.

8. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    morph good

9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So I did decided to try paladin and got this:

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...BI0uH0qr1N0u031j0u1g0000100036Wz++++nj7iV+yV1
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Shawl of Gaea
    > Tisaun's Valor
    > Horizon
    > Humbark Moccasins
    > Breezehands
    > Flashfire Knuckle
    > Flashfire Gauntlet
    > Recalcitrance
    > Undying [e6e6]
    > (Has Tomes)

It turns out the parkour in cur is all flyable, though like eo you have to follow the path; no shortcuts. So a couple of runs through for the flashfire set wasn't hard for bmonk. Kind of interesting to do that to get a build that couldn't do that. mana tank is too small with a near zero intelligence build (it says zero, but tomes give it a couple of points). Really don't use the earth division bling I gt, so beating the earth boss a couple of times the trade the subur clip bracelet for the boots also wasn't too bad, though earth boss was no pushover even with current bmonk build.

I had an Undying from tank experimentation and decent rolls of the other pieces weren't much. I could get a little better Undying as my focus was on hpr when I got the one I have. the idea was/is to see how much i like playing it and think about whether I wanted to put together something that is more of an investment. the answer is somewhere in the middle. I like paladin. I like bmonk better. i am going to keep the pieces, and still have warrior in it right now.

I can handle scrap okay in it, but ran out a couple of times. I was at a party with inconsistent healing, so I was mostly just using regen. I managed to avoid using potion. Not sure if war scream has a longer range, but i took down a couple of avias standing on he rockpile in front of scrap. Got the feathers and will try an altar tomorrow or soon. But will be switching back to bmonk. It is something to make things interesting as an alternative sometime. I got this build from DeltaWave's thread of non mythic end game builds and it was one they approved and added to the list. Someone in my guild was using it for a while (I think they have a mythic now). So it's pretty solid. It is fun, but not taking the top spot away from bmonk.

EDIT - did a quick market check this morning, mostly for seeing if something sold (yes!) and checked for Undying while I was on; there never seem to be that many listed. There was a new listing with -5% [100%] main damage and the one I had (have but won't be using and will try the tm with it) has -8%. The hpr numbers were actually a tiny bit better also and it was cheap. On top of that, since it was unpowdered, I went with e6 instead of f6, which the one I had been using had. There are a couple of earth damage boosts in the build. With both in the hot bar, clicking between the combat info pages shows my DPS went from 22785 to to 23227.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  10. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don’t think I can use morph, I’m to low level

11. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    USE TEMPO GEAAAARRRRR

actually tho it would take forever to grind on your own or without multiple classes BUT it is extremely good (well it doesnt have negatives)

12. Cala

Cala The Small VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tempo gear? As In gear from tempo town’s mysterious merchant?

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there is some really good stuff there, but it didn't take long for me to decide it wasn't worth the trouble to me. a big part of that was my second class being bmonk and trying (successfully) to level quickly. in the time it would have taken to get special items, I could level up past the point where they were anything special. archer would be tougher to level up as quickly, at least for me, unless joining parties with healing. You can put together some cannons but they tend to be quite glassy. and it is hard to grind effectively without getting hit a lot.

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One other interesting note about archer. When I was getting the knuckle set, I noticed that cur is the dungeon for Orange Lilly, the legendary bow often mentioned as a top choice for non mythic end game bows. I had pretty much accepted that it was something I wouldn't be able to get due to parkour woes. Now it is something I can get and I probably will in case I decide to do some experimental build variations. But it actually doesn't seem to work well in bolt slinger builds. I thought Torrential Tide was going to be a bridge to the 90s bows that would be better for end game. That doesn't seem to be the case for bolt slinger. Lots of people with an Olilly in inventory or who were never bothered/blocked by requirements to get it, are using TT as their end game bow for blot slinger. There are builds that put others pretty much on par, but it isn't apples to apples.

Still not sure that I can play archer at true end game level. if archer gets an Olilly, it will be a gift from bmonk (and not paladin either, with the reduced flight range). Archer is never going to complete eo. Bmonk has been to the boss room and I have confidence that I will complete it as bmonk.

15. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    the thing is i find tempo gear so cool that i use for 10-15 levels lol

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I had planned well in advance and used archer to help, I might have done it for bmonk. I guess the easiest thing would be to kill that mob every day to get the tokens (fragments?) rather than hunting all over for things to drop them. I got Bob's Mythic Spear at lv 75 for bmonk and that was definitely worth taking the time. Archer had to kill Bob and do ToL and neither was easy even though they were below archer's level at the time, so it didn't feel like mundane grunt work.
    BTW, because of how I cheesed Reincarnation for bmonk, i wondered what the status of fightng Bob was. What happened is that bmonk talked to Betalu and went in the door. Once inside, took a couple of runs at Bob and it was really obvious i would die, so ran out the exit. Archer went in, fought Bob by doing laps with panoptes up, got the seal of approval and left, not stopping to talk to Betalu but just putting it in the bank. Bmonk got it out and went to Betalu, who gave bmonk the token for the ToL shop and credit for completing the quest, which is required to wield one of Bob's mythic weapons. Archer did ToL, took the token in and got the spear, which bmonk could then use.
    Anyway, the other day I took bmonk down to Nesaak, went into the tomb and even though bmonk had credit for quest completion, something internal that keeps track let him enter the boss room, kill Bob and get the seal of approval. it took about 30 seconds. So now i have another seal in the bank, so if I start a new class, i can cheese the weapon for it at lv 75. The spear was good until lv 88, when it was displaced by a near perfect Tisaun's Proof. It was actually questionable then; not because of power as Tisaun clearly had a bit more, but because of all the skill points Bob' mythic weapons give you. from lv 75 to ~85, most on level bosses were a joke.

shacers likes this.
  17. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    partial set bonuses are still good

18. TinyCookieJar

TinyCookieJar Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Olily is more of a Trapper bow, TTide should work just fine for Boltslinger

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bmonk has done eo now. But in a party where stronger players were mostly responsible for making it through the boss room. Someone in the guild that knew I was trying to get through it saw me online and asked me to meet them there. 3rd time getting to the boss room after 2 failed solos; fling the parkour still difficult and taking a few tries. I was told there are black lines that I don't see with the dark floor that would help me.

I have mixed feelings about parties with better players. I do like getting through stuff I struggle with, but it is less of an accomplishment. But getting through eo should unlock AHC as I have done all the prereqs now.

20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And now bmonk has done AHC. Kind of getting into the end game malaise now; what next? Most skipped quests are things I am genuinely not interested in doing or have parkour or puzzles that I amy or may not be able to push myself through and really wouldn't get much satisfaction out of them if I did. Skills have improved and I do reasonably well in combat, but not doing great in raids.

Thinking about upgrading builds; got the paladin build and enjoyed that some. After doing csst a couple of times, I know I could do it 4 more for a Orange Lilly. But what would I do with a new build and/or bow if I had one? Probably should start backing off a bit, but stay at least somewhat active waiting for Fruma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.