Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    No.

It could be that somebody died at low soul points or while in hunted mode and you picked up the items without noticing.
    Somebody might also have thrown those on the floor. If people do that it is possible to pick them up after a while.

Technically your account could have been hacked and somebody else played on your account but since nothing bad was done that seems unlikely.

Very bizarre but gongrats, there's some nice stuff there.

skatnaset and shacers like this.
  2. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A bmonk update from this morning. One small but significant change to bmonk's build:

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...01lU10nZ361001iO101Z9I1004fIzz++++-z+hSpCbCU0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Cancer֎
    > Libra
    > Vaward
    > Pro Tempore
    > Photon
    > Moon Pool Circlet
    > Call to Concord
    > Contrast
    > Infidel [w6w6w6]

Contrast is the change. It is a major upgrade over an Ensa's Faith, but more importantly it means bmonk finally beat Qira and finished the Hive!

The guild (shameless plug - Realm of Uz) played a huge part in it. I squeaked by and had used a scroll from the guild bank to temporarily give me about 3K bonus hp and some extra defence points. I had been coerced into doing raids, which I had avoided as a solo player. I did grootslangs 10 times over the course of Wednesday and Thursday. Only 8 completed as both other players died early in two of them. I did get to solo the boss room when the second one died late or maybe they were in the room very briefly. Anyway, that got me some tomes with a small amount more health plus a few points here and there and a little more resistance and damage. Anyway, I am sure that also played into it because it was pretty close to being another failure. I still need 7 more completed raids to use a guild scroll to give me more points and they are up front points that can be used in the build, where others just kick in when playing.

3. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Considering the stat spreads leaning toward high values on useful IDs, I'd guess it was someone who dropped stuff or died.

skatnaset likes this.
  4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer went out partying. Scrapyard with good healing. With double xp this weekend and some bombs making it triple, archer went from 99 to 105 in under an hour. So both my classes are now 105.

5. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what will your next class be?

6. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    he doesnr like magic classes... so assassin?

if you decide to go magic class i recommend shaman acolyte, its kinda just throw totem, aura, haul aura haul and occasionally reposition or recast totem

Endistic likes this.
  7. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    shaman is crazy lol

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It probably will be assassin, but not right away. It's funny, though; while you are correct that my preference is for non magic, for most of the late game with archer, the bow has become a wand with a string. Arrow bomb is sometimes sort of an exception as it is an aimed shot, but sometimes not as I do have the traps now, which are definitely a spell. Not using storm as much because of hw close I have to get to powerful bosses for it to have much effect. more than 3 or 4 blocks away the spread is so wide that angel/panoptes is more powerful.

Since switching to Infidel, which was absolutely a big upgrade, I am more spell oriented. With faster spears, I did use main a lot. Even when it doesn't have all that much power, using main seems to provide some protection when mana is in short supply. I have used main a little, but super slow does deal damage, but mobs can make contact between strikes. So mana is prioritized a bit more.

I actually still have a few things I want to do, builds I want to try, raids, looting (sort of; I like to go after mob drops mostly), etc.

9. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do LI solo
    good luck finding the tokens

10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's just mean... :angry::laughing::laughing:

Also reading signs about pressure plates, though I will remember that next time. Maybe.

But we got out of there with some bling.

shacers likes this.
  11. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer finally snuck through Qira with some help. Another guild member went in with me. The strategy I had been using was pretty defensive. I modified that to get in a few arrow storms toe to toe, then running off and sipping potion when I was almost killed, but I wanted to contribute something as I was mostly watching Nama beat the crap out of Qira. But the box is checked and I have another contrast.

Archer did recover some pride. When I did the water division with archer, I had convinced myself that the Stillwater Blue chest plate was a good choice with my water based weapons. That hasn't been true as it really hasn't worked in well and I end up with suboptimal builds. So I needed a couple of additional water catalyst X tokens and I could go to the transmutation merchant and get another water hive token trading in Stillwater Blue.

I decided to try something different with bmonk, since water wasn't a good choice and did a Bedruthan earth spear build. Numbers looked good. I thought I would just waltz in there and get the catalysts. I was wrong. Bmonk was killed in there. I could probably have switched back to one of my old Crack the Skies builds; I don't remember water boss being particularly difficult with that. But I didn't want to backtrack; i wanted to try new things.

Archer did it with Gale's Force before, but I wanted to try Cluster. I put together this build:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...08t0F110s1c0e1f0001004fI101Z6Czz++++-Vl1V+z14
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Cancer֎
    > Starglass
    > Vaward
    > Ensa's Ideals
    > Marvel
    > Photon
    > Nebulous
    > Contrast
    > Cluster [t6t6t6t6]

and actually used it unpowdered first, which has significantly less power, figuring if I lost but it was close, I would spend the emeralds to powder. It wasn't close at all. Cluster crushed the water boss. I used Intelligence potion the first time but didn't even bother the second time. It was mostly the defensive strategy with panoptes. I did take a few bomb shots, but the water bosses hp looked like a countdown timer from panoptes alone. With the high health regen, I didn't use a single dose of healing potion. Battle took a minute or so.

I am going to powder Cluster. This is the first build I have done where something competes with TT. TT is likely to remain my primary, but I like having another option if it seems like elemental damage is an issue somewhere. Cluster seems more finicky, though it is largely because of my inventory. This build has 5 discretionary points. I usually end up with a lot more using TT, and there are some build I have done for various purposes that Cluster just doesn't work in.

shacers likes this.
  13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and since archer now has a Moon Pool Circlet, dropped that in a for better mana regen at the cost of some power, but still providing plenty. And even though it could swap in, it's an example of how hard it can be working with Cluster builds. There is only one discretionary skill point left. There is no fiddling with how much to apply to strength for power and how much to defense or maybe intelligence for a bigger mana tank.
    This is pretty much how it works if I want those pieces.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...08t0F11141V0e1f0001004fI101Z6Czz++++-Vl1V+z14

14. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    build looks good!
    maybe spell costs are a bit high though but it's definitely usable

15. shacers

Minecraft:
    oh yeah that build looks strong btw u didnt use 2 ap?

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty much immediately when I shared this on guild discord, someone pointed out I could drop TT in the build instead of Cluster, adjust points as computed, and get over 50k arrow storms, so while I found something that works reasonably well when elemental issues prevent TT from working well, it is not a general purpose replacement.

While I was never really a fan of RtE or GF, I was able to craft builds those dropped into, so you could switch bows without having to go inside a city to switch points. For a while I was carrying a GF as a walking bow since it had a really good walk speed boost. But the power drop off in that build was pretty bad. Not really all that bad with Cluster, but it does require shifting points

Did some crazy experimenting with warrior after seeing a build someone came up with to survive TNA. Survive is about it, though; pretty much be dependent on others to actually slay the boss.

[​IMG]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...r0Z010D2A0t1f1001lU0001000COzz++++nz+hSpCbCU0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Cancer֎
    > Hetusol
    > The Golem
    > Sempiternal
    > Diamond Solar Ring
    > Photon
    > Clockwork
    > Contrast
    > Undying [f6f6]
    > (Has Tomes)

If you want to see some really crazy numbers, click Activate Mantle under Active Boosts.

The pieces I didn't have were actually quite cheap. I went down in waterfall cave and walked around for a while, just doing war screams and occasional charges and stayed at or very near full hp. It does kill reasonably powerful mobs, but I think a boss fight would be really slow. Finally swam back up the waterfall and left. I never thought soloing waterfall cave would be boring.

17. shacers

Minecraft:
    thats a true paladin right there 0 damage and FOUR THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED HEALTH REGEN WAIT WHAT THE FWAUCK

Nukewarmachine and Druser like this.
  18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    soloing scrapyard with that build was slightly more exciting; lots of shaking around, explosions, blindness and at one point my hp dropped a solid 10% or so. But I charged away to an open spot and did a war scream and by the time the mobs closed in I was back at full hp.

I did kill mobs in there; a fair amount. just not all that quickly.

19. shacers

Minecraft:
    hacks 4300 hp regen im jealous my shadestepper wants that hpr

20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I should take that build to a scrap party where the healer doesn't show, stroll in there and message people to "come on in; it's spawning really weak ones today"...

Cala and shacers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.