Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Would you want a main quest

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by meef, Nov 24, 2022.

?

Meef is so smart for this very original idea

1. yes

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meef

meef Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    you read the title is late and i don't want to stay up to much later might fix this in the morning
    basically its a quest line that goes from kings recruit to detlas then to desert then rymek ect ROL ect corkus ect DnD ect lutho then fruma
    (pls remember i cant think straight)
    Pros
    would be cool
    the game would have a general path for the new player to follow
    would make the game feel more complete as literally every other mmorpg has one
    imagine a cut scene as you finish bobs lost soul of the gavel gate to levigar opening

Cons
    would mean you have to go and do every single quest to do temple of legends if you want to progress to the next area
    this would prevent the player from going certain places
    fucks up anyone who wants to speed run
    probs kinda anoying after the second time

just make the whole system and option to turn of when making a character next to iron man and those things

idk it could be cool im more interested in what the community wants/thinks ik this is a very new concept idea that has never been brought up before i just want a disscussion

Ik someone is gunna whip a quote from salted out their ass saying he will never add a main quest

(i mean like this would be every dungeon/raid/major area being gatekeeped behind quests)

thanks for reading tell me what you think

The meef has spoken

hmtn likes this.
  2. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    Ec tetera, ec tetera.

3. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think all that's really necessary is to give Quests categories like: tutorial, dungeon, main story, side story, raid, etc.

4. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes if:
    a) it isn't rushed like I feel RoL was.
    b) it doesn't intrude on current gameplay. I don't want to feel forced to do 7 other quests on a repeat playthrough just to go to Gavel or something.

5. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    TOL doesn't entirely seem as important to the storyline of the games as ROL or the Envoy or d&d
    It's not like the corrupted of worlds is a threat to people, kelight has kept it locked up in its cave for years now

Enderae and Namakobushi like this.
  6. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think it would be fine if it doesn't lock away areas. Now the real challenge is to write good characters and good story, which might be difficult since we still have Lari and Aldorei's Secret Part 2, for example.

Namakobushi, uuuuuuuuuuuuh and Castti like this.
  7. GlitchPlay

GlitchPlay Well-Known Adventurer

The huge part in why it turned out like that is because different people did those quests, so they had their own idea that clashed with each other

8. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would like a berb questline where you sabotage gert camps, become a new High Acolyte of Berbus and enter Fruma to regain the homeland of the berbs

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  9. meef

Minecraft:
    I mean like this would also mean every area is relevant witch would be nice (sky islands )

10. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know I'm jumping into this a bit late, but it seems like CT is going about this, just in a strange and roundabout way - via quest requirements and nudging. They've tested a bit of indirect quest chaining in the very earlygame (Enzan's Brother ==> Cook's Assistant ==> Infested Plants), and places like SE already have a main questline, even if kinda short.

The Llevigar Plains have the various Greenskin-related quests leading into All Roads to Peace, and The Breaking Point was a big one - its quest requirements (even if only retroactively) act as a pseudo-storyline leading into it.

Now, is this approach perfect? No. It's kinda garbage and unexpected when you see those massive quest reqs and have to backtrack. But it's considerably less garbage than it was when they began this shadow-implementation, and I feel like as things are currently going ithe whole affair will get steadily denser and more confident.

Quests will connect more to one another, more organically too, and eventually we'll wake up one day in a Wynncraft that has a main storyline after all. One that kind of had one for a while, actually, even if it isn't as direct in its chaining as one would expect from their average MMO.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  11. meef

Minecraft:
    I think a lot of these quests that are connected feel more like side quests that you cant help but stumble across on your way to detlas (wich needs way more guidance on getting there i have seen level 15+ players confused about what detlas is ) i feel a main story to cling the important bits together like the main quests of each area could be connected in some way

12. Adliana the Elf

Adliana the Elf Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Honestly, I disagree with that suggestion. The whole point of having the quests kinda loosely like they are is that you can make your own "story". Ofc there are some quests that are required to play others, but it's not forced like in a main story / side story way.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.