Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bmon is at 103 and completed the Journey quests. Archer is still at 96 and pretty much relegated to "cobat looting" I find just running chests too boring, so I use /lootrun (wynntils) and roughly follow the lines, but stay on paths most of the time and take on mobs rather than running past them, especially in caves, and get as much or more form drops as chests. Several legendary items, a couple of fabled, some set items and a lot of good rare stuff.

I call this build Robin hood (I am the poor)
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0qB0U0U1W0h0e1W00010048G10000Izz++++--p+y-7A0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Purified Helmet of the Legends
    > Starglass
    > Cadence
    > Ensa's Ideals
    > Charity
    > Moon Pool Circlet
    > Zhight Powwow Bangle
    > Pendant of Prosperity
    > Torrential Tide [w6]

it's all about loot bonus with Starglass being the only concession; archer found that himself out of self preservation I think. The one I have has +38% spell damage.

I want to start running csst with bmonk and have started looking for key guardians, but no luck yet. wiki says they spawn a lot between cowfusion and molten heights gate, but I haven't found any yet. Nii guardians are supposed to spawn in the same area and I have gotten a few of those, which is good since I will need the runes. Also Crystal Behemoths spawn there just to make things interesting. End goal is an Infidel spear for bmonk, which requires running csst a few times.

I am thinking of taking archer back to Corkus and see if I can find a good scrapyard party or two and get to 99, so I can try building with Cluster. You might notice that archer has gone back to TT. Return to Either and Gale's Force can be better, but it's harder to create builds that get them there. They are actually weaker in most of mine. Actually, I think that's true even in some good builds with them, made up for by the defense in armor that works well with them.

I am still a bit puzzled about what makes a weapon an end game weapon. I don't mean the really obvious cannons with crazy damage numbers. Those are often mythics or locked behind multiple dungeon runs. But I see Return to Ether referred to as an end game weapon, though not the best and statements saying Torrential tide is not. They seem petty similar to me.

On the warrior side, one of my favorite spears, even at lv 106, is a lv 88 Tisaun's Pride. It easily dispatches all the mobs and mini bosses in the Journey quests as does my lv 99 Crack the Sky, a rare spear that now splits time with Tisaun's largely due to walk speed bonus, but is just about as strong. I also have a Tidebinder, which I have seen supposed end game builds for, but I can't quite squeeze the power out of it than I can Tisaun's or Crack the sky. I even have a Sharpened harpoon, a unique spear, with slightly more power than Tidebinder. But Tidebinder does add in 21/5s mana regen so the spells are a bit more reliable. Really want Infidel.

Interesting thing about bmonk's current build; all four above mentioned spears hot swap so it's like having a set of clubs ("this looks like a water hole; hand me the Tidebinder"). Different elemental mix. Also have a Rhythm of the Seasons that requires a different build but Tisaun's can still drop into that one. It is an odd spear that would need its own post or discussion. Anyway, here is Bmonk's walking around build. Points are not really right and the change with bonuses from each spear. All 4 are powdered up and get their specials, with isn't remembered by wynnbuilder.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...M0ZN0q71B160o1B0o1d00001000BMzz++++-z+xIvPg67
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Morph-Stardust
    > Libra
    > Vaward
    > Virtuoso
    > Hustle Core
    > Marvel
    > Reminiscence
    > Ensa's Faith
    > Tisaun's Proof [f4f4]

Crack the Skies
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...M0ZN0AO0o0v0o0o0-1d00001003FUzz++++-z+xIvPg67

Sharpened Harpoon
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...M0ZN0km0o0x0x0o0o1d00001004fIzz++++-z+xIvPg67

Tidebinder
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...M0ZN0pz0o0o1E0o0o1d00001004fIzz++++-z+xIvPg67

again, you have to select the appropriate powder specials to get the real *max* numbers, but over 90% of the time, the no specials numbers are accurate.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  2. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    holy ship this man is fast

dude ur leveling twenty times as fast as me wtf bmonk lvl 50 to 103 in like less than 2 weeks?!

also an endgame weapon is basically anything that is around lvls 85-105 that has either good pairing with armors and other items or an extremely high stat (damage, mana steal etc) (thats what i think anyway)

3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well right now bmonk is in a deep funk. About to go to question forum but I think I know the answer. I lost connection while adjusting armor and when I reconnected, the Clockwork brace I owned for all of 10 minutes is gone.

Dream likes this.
  4. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll Trial-Mod CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    time to get another one gamer :) chin up!

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can you do that? I thought each boss was a one time thing.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  6. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bmonk did 7 levels in under 90 minutes of play time one day. At level 95, went to first scrapyard party and it was a good one with totems staggered so there was a triangle you just had to run through to get totally healed and bmonk went full berserker, charging out into mobs and taking out 3 or 4 before swinging back through for healing. 4 levels took about 45 minutes. At 99, ran back to Corkus City and got some level 99 stuff out of the bank and put that on. Party was still on so I went back to test that and got up to 102 in another half hour or so. Over time, I have actually figured out that lv 99 spear, Tidebinder, is kind of questionable as a step up. It's main advantage is 21/5s mana regen and being a water spear. I actually ended up going back to Tisaun's Proof because I could pair them in the same build. i had been using Zephra at lv 95 and it requires a pretty tailored build.

There were a few levels upper 50s and low 60s where I did laps in Herb Cave and got a few levels really quickly. Late 60s, Dead Island and a place on the Ice islands. 70s, I would run the gauntlet in front of Thanos back and forth, letting health regen in the army camp. Also there is a pair of ponds just east of Olux with mobs that are slow but spawn like crazy. 80s, there is a bandit gauntlet west of Thesead. Flew through some quests that I knew to be short if you shift clicked dialog and knew exactly what to do. Didn't do a bunch that don't advance quickly. Did waterfall cave a few times, but my death to xp ratio made that a bit dicey; never had a party there with good healing. A big part of it is how well bmonk does in battle. Reclaiming the Camp - first attempt. ROL 3 - first attempt and knew what I needed to charge/fly and that boss didn't take me by surprise. that quest in the mushroom cave where you shrink took about 15 minutes, killing giant rodents without slowing down, flying to first checkpoint, then flying to entrance to "boss" room, running down there and taking it out, running up the next section and jumping down to get the antidote. Lots of others like that.

Also have had a lot of time on my hands lately with not much else to do, but needing to be at computer.
    I have been in some of the discussions about builds where it kind of mystifies me. People put together builds that are supposedly end game with Tidebinder, and I don't think it is my best spear, though the mana regen is a big deal. I haven't heard (read, really) anyone say it is a good choice for end game, just a workable one. I really want Infidel, which is often in the discussion about end game spears as a good choice. But if I go get it using my Crack the Skies in my new tanky build (kind of a guild group think using what I have) that just beat the fire boss, that says a lot about its capabilities. I really hope to find a mythins, but that may not happen.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0Jc0AO0e0l1D1V1Q1d00001003FUzz++++-ldNHvCJZi1
    WynnBuilder build:
    > CancerÖˇ
    > Libra
    > Vaward
    > Capricorn
    > Photon
    > Marvel
    > Reminiscence
    > Bottled Thunderstorm
    > Crack the Skies [a6a6t6]

shacers likes this.
  7. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unfortunately not as good as I thought, I'd put it back on tm for slightly lower

8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh yeah, if all the prior notes about grinding weren't enough, at lv 75 I kind of gamed the system a little bit, tag teaming Reincarnation so that bmonk got credit for it using the seal of approval that archer got. then archer did ToL and could access the shop to get Bob's Mythic Spear and put it in the bank for bmonk, just like the seal of approval and just like the antic bead for The Passage. Using that spear was like going back and doing an earlier quest when well above level. Even now, it's not outrageously bad. Dropped into my current build:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0Jc0T+0o0o1N1f1N1d00001007iOzz++++-ldNHvCJZi1
    and compared to my lv 99 spear:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0Jc0AO0e0l1D1V1Q1d00001003FUzz++++-ldNHvCJZi1
    only about 10% difference. that's a major reason why I was wading through mobs in front of Thanos and blasting through bandits near Thesead.

9. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's pretty much consensus on whether you can make endgame-competitive builds with it, as you'd expect. I don't know who's saying TTide is not endgame-viable at least, it definitely is (even at its weakest point a few years back it was still viable, if not as competitive as the best).

I would say that Tidebinder is... viable I suppose, but not really that good. It's got defensive-level damage but no serious defensive stats to compensate (merely not-that-important elemental defenses). As you brought up earlier, Infidel is definitely one of the leading spell spears right now.

10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a primary resource for that opinion. I have seen other posts that say the same thing, often parroting this source:

https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...egendary-and-fabled-bows.298661/#post-3510933

Relevant bit is in the part about Return to Ether:

I should note that Return to Ether has access to curse, the water powder special, while Torrential Tide doesn't so Return to Ether does outclass Torrential Tide in most situations. However, Return to Ether demands ehp through agility while Torrential Tide can be build to have ehp through defense. Note that at the endgame (101+), Return to Ether does fully outclass Torrential Tide as by this point, it can be built to have ehp through both agility and defense (plus Torrential Tide is simply not an endgame bow). Return to Ether and Torrential Tide can basically clear the same bosses so if you prefer one bow's stats over the other, use that bow.

What really leaves me head scratching is in the last sentence - Return to Ether and Torrential Tide can basically clear the same bosses - so why is RtE a possible end game bow but not TT?

I have had trouble putting together builds where RtE , or even Gale's Force, is actually stronger than TT. In a glassy looting build I am trying, I went to Gale's Force for walking speed. Even though I have windy/stormy feet, I like at least some speed without it and Gale's Force has +39% and acceptable damage, even if not as good as TT.

Now that I mentioned that, i might as well share it. Earlier I posted one with Cadence as the leggings with 13% loot bonus. Last night I did a skipped quest on warrior - Iron Heart 2. I did it on archer and chose to do the honorable thing and reported back to detective Hart, got less emeralds and the Greaves of Honor, which were decent on level. This time I took the bribe and got the Shameful Greeves. The ones I got weren't great, but reroll was only 309 e, so I did it. I got 39% looting, so +26% if I switch from Cadence. Cadence are decent leggings and the build wasn't great, but still held up okay. I like getting drops while checking chests; just running chests is too boring. So it does kind of matter that the build is so glassy. Anyway...

Rickety Robin Hood. Actual in game looting bonus is 84%.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0IS060D1407141W00010048G10000Izz++++--p+y-7A0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Purified Helmet of the Legends
    > Starglass
    > Shameful Greaves
    > Ensa's Ideals
    > Charity
    > Moon Pool Circlet
    > Zhight Powwow Bangle
    > Pendant of Prosperity
    > Gale's Force [w6]

11. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That thread you linked is definitely outdated, as it was written prior to update 2.0. TTide is substantially better now than it used to be before the update.

12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's good to know. Other than walk speed, I really don't care for Gale's Force when I drop it in the looting build. I pretty much have to switch to TT if I am encountering a lot of mobs. I had a really disappointing test with the glassy build. Not just being so glassy, which it obviously is, but also had some of the worst drop rates I have ever had and didn't find anything of note in chests. This was around Rodorc, where I had gotten a fair amount of stuff on prior trips with Cadence as leggings, which drops the loot bonus from 84% to 58%. Drops are what really seemed to be significantly lower.

13. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finally trying a pet. I had a chicken in the crate (and still do) but didn't really like that following me around. Got a flameling in a crate. I also had a name tag, so...

upload_2022-11-23_9-51-53.png

upload_2022-11-23_9-53-2.png
    I did have to resort to Gale's Force in hive water division. TT got absolutely crushed there, making it only to the second room and barely getting two catalysts. GF cleared the division pretty easily, cruising to the boss room and taking only a second try there. Switched back to TT and made it to the fire boss, where hope goes to die. It took bmonk a *lot* of tries and a tanky new build. Growapair, the dwarf potion merchant in Thanos, and I are on a first name basis since I am such a regular customer.

Druser likes this.
  14. shacers

Minecraft:
    pets dont do nothing useful lol

15. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was told that when I was battling Qira and it looked like she disappeared for a long time that she was just invisible to me but pets would attack her and you would know where she was.

Nukewarmachine and Druser like this.
  16. shacers

Minecraft:
    oh cool lol

17. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think they contribute a little also as they do level up, though 20 is the max unless you are champion level. I went to a scrapyard party to get archer from 96 to 99 and ScorchDaEarth levelled up faster than archer.

Most effective way to level up an archer there is almost boring. Highest power build you can put together, even if it is kinda glassy. You just have to get from the entrance to the healer. Then hang out and cast All Seeing Panoptes over and over. It is probably worth reworking your tree temporarily if you don't have it. It's guardian angel on steroids. More "arrows" that are more powerful and go further. The first time I went in, I was running around shooting mobs and then back around to the healer quite often as I took a lot of damage. Taking a break, I hung out near the healer and kept panoptes up. I noticed my xp was actually creeping up faster than when I was running around, so the next time I came back with the most power I could manage even though it was dicey just getting to the healer.

18. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh pets are really really powerful at early game lol
    they like solo the earlygame bosses

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very bizarre thing happened. I feel like archer woke up after a party I can't remember. No idea where a bunch of stuff in inventory came from. I really don't think he had it when I last parked him. It would have been too memorable. Does wynncraft ever randomly give people stuff while they aren't playing?

I don't mean just junk either. A pretty amazing haul. My memory isn't great, but not so bad to forget something like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  20. shacers

Minecraft:
    idk bro that just seems like luck maybe salted /gave you because he likes ur journal lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.