Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 2, 2020.

1. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't see this happening but I would totally prefer two threads: 1) locked to just the IMs posting updates and 2) for everyone to discuss as we please and even respond to updates from the main thread (IMs could double post)

Meekio, Endistic, roboblock93 and 8 others like this.
  2. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Melee! (no wand in the game is good at melee anymore :pensive:)

True - and maybe it IS still too powerful (idk I don't look at many builds because people post the boring rainbow stuff - I have yet to see a single person post a hybrid cancelstack build yet but myself) but keep in mind the average player doesn't have a double green spell damages Overdrive.

I would argue it does? At least a build that stacks raw spell damage will deal significantly more damage than one that doesn't. Same for The Nothing

Poor choice of example because Eidolon just flat out sucks (it's based asf tho). Don't forget melee mage is a :mega_woozy: moment

You said it yourself, it's nearly double the EHP... AND Phoenix Wing also kinda sucks. I'm satisfied in that I've certainly seen it built more in 2.0 for some reason though. I remember Bart (Item Maker) mentioning a long time ago he'd like to rework Phoenix Wing some day.

Yeah it's sad that Forsaken lives in the shadow of other water spears and in comparison to its fellow EO weapons. I'd like to see a buff or rework of sorts someday to make it more redeeming. Infidel is very strong but it's also cool as fuck... Infidel my beloved

Nobody uses this (I did at one point and probably a couple other Atlas members too). In fact nobody rly touched the new lvl 100+ weapons which is a shame because they're neat.

Harder to say because unfortunately 99% of the population is on the "Buff Assassin it sucks" hate train rather than the 1-cart "Nerf the other classes (and maybe slightly buff Assassin)" train - the one I'm on. Manna seems more mainstream than before which is neat, at least. And heavy melee didn't die off. Haven't seen many non-mythic spell assassins, lest assassins at all...

I would assume most of the daggers are fine tho? Because in 1.20.4 and prior the daggers were crazy strong alongside vanish/general spammability compared to the other classes' non-mythic pool.

Namakobushi and Castti like this.
  3. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For fairness, I improved the tree on your the Nothing build and dumped strength; 34k ehp, 22k meteors, plenty of sustain https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_07R0K70LA0Ty0GQ0GQ0TN0Ji0CD0+0t0P1f001g00000zz++++--Vu+y7N8

Here are a 6 nonmythic builds with different weapons that compete with it.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...TN0Ji0SQ0o110w0o1K1g00001006CUzz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Morph-Stardust
    > Powder Snow
    > Gemini
    > Skidbladnir
    > Prism
    > Prism
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Contrast
    > Morrowind [a6f6f6]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...TN0Ji0DI1G1L0t1L0e1g00001001MCzz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Caesura
    > Libra
    > Greaves of the Veneer
    > Violet-Shift
    > Prism
    > Rune of Safe Passage
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Contrast
    > Deathsplinter [t6t6e5]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...wr0Ji0X60q0q0o0t1L1g00001006CUzz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Morph-Stardust
    > Libra
    > The Crossing
    > Skidbladnir
    > Archaic
    > Archaic
    > Lachesism
    > Contrast
    > Phoenix Wing [a6f6f6]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...K40og00b0t16101g041g0000101Z6Czz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Caesura
    > Soul Signal
    > Greaves of the Veneer
    > Frenzied Mockery
    > Diamond Solar Ring
    > Diamond Solar Ring
    > Prowess
    > Tenuto
    > Bonder [t6t6t6t6]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...TN0OH00Q0y110y1n0o1g000010006Czz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Morph-Stardust
    > Libra
    > Greaves of the Veneer
    > Violet-Shift
    > Diamond Solar Ring
    > Intensity
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Diamond Fusion Necklace
    > Stave of the Legends [t6t6]

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...wr0Ji0Fq0t0y1R001X1g000010006Czz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Caesura
    > Windshear
    > Dark Shroud
    > Capricorn
    > Moon Pool Circlet
    > Old Keeper's Ring
    > Lachesism
    > Contrast
    > Event Horizon [t6t6]

Namakobushi and Castti like this.
  4. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you're being too extreme. Claiming every non-mythic weapon besides the absolute meta to be unworthy of use is narrow-minded IMO.

FelixTape likes this.
  5. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I’ve been using a Nona EWA spell build
    But that’s Nona your business

6. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i won't dispute that these builds are all pretty similar, however i can't help but notice that all these builds are more difficult to obtain/roll-reliant while still being worse than the nothing in certain aspects. even if you can make comparable builds, i think the fact that it requires more effort while also not offering any particular benefit is part of the issue

Wackolo and Namakobushi like this.
  7. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...TN0Ji0DI18110v1a001g0000100366zz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Aquamarine
    > Soulflare
    > The Crossing
    > Ornate Shadow Cloud
    > Olive
    > Olive
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Contrast
    > Deathsplinter [e6t6t6]
    is this really harder to acquire than the build for the Nothing? Aquamarine, Olive vs Cancer, Flummox, Finesse

How about this?
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...vJ0uJ0SQ-V1G0j-T201g00001007lUzz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Boreal-Patterned Crown
    > Conduit of Spirit
    > Gemini
    > Skidbladnir
    > Old Keeper's Ring
    > Finesse
    > Breakthrough
    > Derecho
    > Morrowind [a6a6a6]
    Gemini, Old Keeper's Ring (rolls literally don't matter), and 3 untradable armor pieces. The rest of the accessories are pretty interchangeable.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...K40OH0A40o0o1C1D0o1g00001006COzz++++--Vu+y7N8
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Morph-Stardust
    > Soulflare
    > The Crossing
    > Ornate Shadow Cloud
    > Moon Pool Circlet
    > Gold Solar Ring
    > Prowess
    > Diamond Fusion Necklace
    > Peaceful Rest [f6f6f6]
    here's one with morph stardust (damn near the most common item in the entire game), and everything else untradable including the weapon

8. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ah, now that's more like it

i suppose the nothing seems easy to build in part because it's been so good for so long that basic builds are ubiquitous - it'll probably stay popular because of that momentum despite balancing

Kiocifer, Castti and touhoku like this.
  9. Wackolo

Wackolo the converger CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ok we seriously need a dedicated pinned thread for Item changes that is segmented, easy to navigate, and communicates information clearly.

This way, there is one big item change thread that everyone can go to and not have to flip through multiple pages to find something.

Let there be multiple other smaller conversation threads for individual updates

Constructive Feedback Thread:
    https://discord.com/channels/143852930036924417/1045494781490495578
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/unofficial-item-change-history-wackolo-auxiliary-thread.305228/

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  10. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 4.58.56 PM.png
    item teaser jumpscare

11. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lemonalade, WithTheFish and touhoku like this.
  12. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
  13. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    touhoku likes this.
  14. luckeyLuuk

luckeyLuuk Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Castti and touhoku like this.
  15. NcMugget

NcMugget Air In A Can HERO

Minecraft:
    ill try to break it down
    upload_2022-12-2_14-59-24.png
    ^ It's a piece of armor, no questions abt that. Also there's an almost obscured patch of green, maybe it's a set item?

upload_2022-12-2_15-4-55.png
    ^ The level seems to be 105 based on the sliver of the number 5 i can see in its combat level requirement. Also it has some elem defense, though this does not give us much clues
    Definitely strength-based armor since this seems quite indicative of strength. I'm going to bet that you still preserved the lengths of the words, which makes it likely that the other skill points (might be negative tho) will be Agility and dexterity/defense just from comparing the sizes of the words (may need more to confirm)
    upload_2022-12-2_18-32-21.png
    The identifications are hard to discern however there seems to be something that resembles an attack speed modifier and a main attack damage modifier

Most of the clues on here points to the piece of armor being part of an earth-oriented set(?) with good buffs for melee damage.

Please respond if you notice anything else

Attached Files:

16. skyw25537

skyw25537 Crepuscular Ray = Pharah's ult change my mind VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure it's a set chestplate because the length of the whited-out text at the bottom is long enough to look like it, and that tiny sliver of space looks like it could be a "t" about where Chestplate is. The sliver of a t is also green, so it's definitely set. (The extra censor at the end could be it re-rolled, because it looks like the edge of some parenthesis, idk)
    Maybe the combat lvl requirement is 105, but it could also be 115. I think the devs said a max possible level increase of up to 120. (don't quote me on that)
    There is definitely something relating to main attack damage, because the shadow of an a is to the left of the i

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    luckeyLuuk likes this.
  17. touhoku

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting analysis, some of it is quite good and some of it misses a bit, overall a great attempt and I'm glad to see people trying with stuff bc that makes teasers fun

You are right that I am keeping the censor boxes in line with the ID length, though I screwed up with the 3rd one in the first ID set (the one you labeled "Dexterity?") and made it a little too long, the rest should be accurate-sized.

Some hits, some misses, nice work

18. Wackolo

Minecraft:
    upload_2022-12-4_9-48-14.png

19. closier

closier not cmosier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    we can't know for sure that it's a chestplate, since set items show this:
    upload_2022-12-4_2-53-54.png
    after powder slots, and the type of item is usually never classified in its lore

also I wanna mention the second elem defense is likely 150 instead of 50 (look at the tiny pixel next to the 50)
    upload_2022-12-4_3-1-26.png
    also judging from the order of elemental defences usually present in items and the length of the blank spaces, it's likely that the second elem defence is air and the third is earth

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    luckeyLuuk and touhoku like this.
  20. Wackolo

Minecraft:
    oh your right !
    well its a 1/4 chance to be correct... if its out of 4 :saltroll:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    closier likes this.