Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The difficulties ratings on the website aren't indicators of how broken an archetype/class is. Archer is currently the strongest class by far.

2. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    warrior does do a lot less DPS than archer, but it has more survivability.
    Archer just is the strongest class at the moment.
    and if you want a pretty good level 44 bmonk build you could use this
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...F0aM00A0CL0H0C0a0E0E0f000010009Izz++++-j7VHI0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Umbrella Hat
    > Phosphene
    > Chained Pixels
    > Morph-Gold
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Reminiscence
    > Durum's Serenity
    > Karma [w6w6]
    Karma is really really good at-level.
    note its extremely high spell damage amplifier
    wasn't completely sure about the tree but it was the best that I could do while making it mainly bmonk.

3. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn't want to jump through the hoops to get karma.
    I did the Ice Nations quest and then decided to grind some. There is an island next to the one with the dock that has a bunch of mobs in a castle that is recommended, so I did that for a level. then back up to Gavel to run around killing orcs between Llevigar and Bucie and finally up to Olux to try my favorite 50s spot; a couple of ponds with lv 55 swamp nagas. they move slow, so even though it took a couple of whirlwinds to get them, that worked okay as long as I paced to keep from using up mana, and i cold outrun them when I did. They will surround you coming in slow and I got as many as 6 at a time with 2 whirlwinds. Sometimes just one. I had powdered the Fierce Thunder with t3t3, which did give it more power than the Chaleur I had been alternating it with. I don't know why I didn't think to do the before Clearing the Camps.
    Anyway, I just got to 45 and this is now my build. Pretty much the same as I had at 44 except I used an ability point to get Radiant Devotee, which gives you 1/5s mana gen for every % reflection you have. I think I actually had the point at 44 and just hadn't applied it yet. I felt some pressure to get to 45 as Olux doesn't sell powder with less than that. Not sure I will stay there long.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...Im0Y20P0C0U0D0C0j1000Ey00010005gzz++++-z6NLo0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Pelier
    > Phosphene
    > Chained Pixels
    > Galloping Spurs
    > Onion Ring
    > Darkiron Ring
    > Reminiscence
    > Geothermal
    > Pulsar [t4t5]

I have mixed feelings about whirlwind. It is very effective, and can be used in motion well, but it can make fights kind of not feel like fights. On the ghost ship (Ice Islands), the boss has charge as its main attack. Jumping up and down with whirlwind made it nearly always miss me, but take damage going by. After a while the boss was gone and the ancient treasure was on the floor so I picked it up and left.

Meanwhile, back in archer land, I have this:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0qB0o0h1E0D1O1P00010048G10000Izz++++--hzPVwg2
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Sequencer
    > Seagazer
    > Dark Shroud
    > Ensa's Ideals
    > Photon
    > Detective's Ring
    > Kelight's Gauntlet
    > Ensa's Faith
    > Torrential Tide [w6]

this is a possibility with the other helmet:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0qB0s0U1T041L1O00010048G10000Azz++++--hzPVwg2

but I get your point about 13k with good regen being better than 14k with so so regen and less power, though both builds have over the top power.

4. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just realized that the two best at-level spears are both locked behind dungeons
    one is karma and the other is infidel, which takes corrupted sand-swept tomb runs

anyways, I basically used pulsar until I got olux's prized spear
    all the Olux weapons are good for like 10 levels ish

5. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With b-monk, most of end game fights are done while in the air.

6. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    same with acrobat

7. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, I think karma is a time fragment thing. I have a couple but it costs several more. I thought about sending his daddy the archer down there to kick some mini-boss booty (that thing released during a quest down in time valley that you can kill every day), but it seemed like too much time wasted. Swapped rings for a little more xp (because of rolls on other stuff, not really getting what it says, but pretty good) and harvested nagas for another level. Kind of boring, but pretty quick.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...m0Y20P0H0U0H0H0k1000Ey00010005gzz++++-z6NLo40
    I shouldn't have been so lazy about powders, just grabbing what I had and mixing tiers. Chained lightning seems kind of wigged out. I do get it to work every now and then and if I am in just the right spot between the ponds it clears both of them with one spell.

With the nagas moving slowly and usually taking two whirlwinds, it would look silly at times. I would be surrounded by 4 or 5 and we were all jumping up and down like we are playing in a bounce house or something. Levelling there is fairly quick, especially since I was aggressive about it, running into the midst of a few and then running over to a few at the other pond. The ponds are extremely close together. Being aggressive, I would actually take damage every now and then when I miscalculated or a lizard archer showed up, but you could be more conservative and stand in a spot between them and just cast whirlwinds at the right interval so that you didn't run out of mana and didn't get hit, program it into a macro to generate the clicks and let it level up while you went for dinner or something. It's only good for a few levels. When I found it as archer, I just swung by whenever I was around Olux in the 50s and did a half level or so and after I got on level with them (55), it quit moving the meter much at all. Heading east of Olux just south of the road below the farms at -1552, -5415. It's barely outside Olux; if it weren't for a small building and trees in the way, you could probably hit them with an arrow bomb from the steps where the golems are.

8. shacers

Minecraft:
    it isnt a time fragment thinf from what i know

9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I get archer up to or past 102 and battle monk is getting up there as well, I might try an acrobat. Due to my primitive approach to combat - "spear good; magic bad" - I am not as interested in mage or shaman. And yes, I admit the other classes do have a degree of magic and I do use spells heavily, though they are mostly enhanced use of weapons and you get into the fray to use them. My market mage will likely never progress past lv 2 and only got to 2 from the xp points of discovering places riding over from Ragni to Detlas. the only taste of combat the mage had was something chasing it all the way into the middle of Detlas and killing it while still on horseback.
    You're right. Going through levels so fast, I get confused about things I was looking at for potential future builds. I try to bank stuff so I can look a few times and get something decent. Some stuff is untradeable and I look at requirements. There was something time fragment based I wanted and I thought it was that spear.
    It's 5 runs of San Swept tomb. That's not happening. I completed it once, but it randomly picks one of 3 parkours and I got the one I could do - long but pretty evenly spaced large platforms. From about 1/3 of the way across one, leap would always land the next and never overshoot. I did it when I was well above level and combat was silly.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    shacers likes this.
  10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh, and it turns out my naga spot is in the easy levelling guide. I hadn't noticed as it is in the 51-60 section. When I used it with archer, I was also going a little further south and tangling with lizard archers, which was more of a challenge that I am not ready for with battle monk. but I would bop back up there when the lizards thinned out and clear the ponds while the lizards respawned. so it wasn't quite as boring. i tried to make it less boring with bm by trying to lead them around to get a crowd before doing whirlwind. I think I got 7 at once without chained lightning, but mostly 5 or 6 was about as high as I could get and even then I often took damage.

shacers likes this.
  11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My battle monk spent a little quality time in Herb Cave after running the cave at the bottom of Troms all the way through, including emptying the very full chest first try at level 49. Then did the slime slay by tapping the sign a couple of times; already had killed more than enough. Also have enough zombie eyes to enter the boss altar about 30 times, but I did not try that yet. Went back to Gavel; forgot to do orc slay at 45. Did that and it put me over 52. Parked the battle monk so I can keep the archer moving also.

Back to Thesead. I remembered the way to the prof house where I climb from and knew the route up the rocks well enough that it only took me maybe 3 or 4 minutes from Thanos. Could be less if I weren't such a baby about stepping around corners over sheer drops. I did modify my route slightly to not do any ledges more than 3blocks tall to see if it is doable with whirlwind. It is; a battle monk can climb up there.

I had gone to Corkus a day or two ago and started Envoy II. I had made it to the first big room where you do what is sort of parkour, where you walk on a path of leaf blocks that is appearing in front of you and disappearing behind. It was in segments and was doing checkpoints. On the last one - the fastest and longest - i thought I made it but needed to take one more step. I fell and it did not send me back to the checkpoint; it left me on the floor to start over. Wasn't feeling it at that point and /killed out of there. The next slay is there, but I may skip tat for now. i will go back and try to complete Envoy II at some point. Unless there is a harder true parkour, that place I left is something I can do.

I think I might do Canary Calls. Looks like mine car instead of parkour. Mine car sections let you choose to skip after crashing a few times. I will try to make it, but likely to skip. Then maybe just run around and kill stuff outside the Molten Heights exit from Eltom. May just end up grinding a couple of levels. I have several quests that either just don't interest me (Cowfusion) or have me frustrated.

12. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    cowfusion is really wack lol
    you should defo do it

13. shacers

Minecraft:
    i dont like cowfusion

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I might have to. I tried grinding the ice golems and guard at frozen heights and it barely moved the xp meter. I have more than enough unmeltable ice for the lv 92 slay. I did the canary thing and that's about as much stupid as I can stand for a bit, though.

The battle monk is crushing it. Levelling up in Herb Cave is non stop action and quick xp, plus I did some quests that I knew were quick (Death Whistle, Maiden in the Tower)
    One thing I have to be really careful with is that the spear has 798 hp, so I can't let hp get too low before sipping or it will kill me to put the bottle in my hand instead of the spear (DAMHIKT). It does tint the whole screen red at about 1000 to warn you. You either need to hit it really quickly then or run. Also can't take it too early, though the healing taking 3 seconds helps with that. Mana regen is good, but hp regen is borderline given the potential dependence on it even when I have potion. I found a Strobelight necklace that would give me another 350 hp, but the Geothermal is one of my main sources of hp regen. I have gone back and forth with stacking items for more xp bonus or strong builds that let me play above level.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...m0GG0R0A0U0h0J0u10000M0001000BMzz++++-zlhAPc0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Venison
    > Phosphene
    > Naga Viper
    > Philophobia
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Marble
    > Reminiscence
    > Geothermal
    > Fierte [f4f4]

archer unchanged.

15. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well that battle monk build changed quickly.
    I kinda cheated off my big brother's homework. Big time. I started The Passage and then went over to the bank and got an antic bead. That was the quest; passage is open to me and got my xp and emeralds. I had several because once I finished it on archer, I went back through a few times and would hang out and let them respawn and collected a bunch of beads. I almost bought a mask/helmet, but then figured it would be better to put it off and see which one makes more sense when the time comes. The time came. I get helmet...
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...m0GG0K0H0Z0e0J0v10000M0001000BMzz++++-zlhAPc0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Mask of Courage
    > Phosphene
    > Naga Viper
    > Philophobia
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Marble
    > Reminiscence
    > Geothermal
    > Fierte [f4f4]
    It looks like there is a slight drop off in power and a big drop off in xp bonus, but my Venison is not a very good roll; only +7% each for main and xp. I now have over 5,000 hp, double from a couple of days ago. I am surprised it shows the power so similar. The Fierte is a fire spear and has 2 fire powders. The mask has a 20% fire bonus. And that hp regen and all that hp...

16. shacers

Minecraft:
    oh yeah are you talking about stabbing stuff on a higher level class lol i do that all the time

17. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I assume you meant "stashing". Using the beads I got in archer to buy a mask for monk seems more legit than using one to complete the quest, but it obviously didn't stop me. I also did Zight and it did occur to me that archer could waltz through the treasure cave and pick up a lot more gold blocks than monk. It's actually somewhat difficult on level. Actually before, I guess; the recommendation is that you come back at lv 60 even though the main Zight quest is 55, which is when I did it. It was far less annoying this time, knowing I would need the climbing helmet and what island the boat is adrift near, Also not being surprised by just how hostile Mario Peaks is. The accessories you can get from the treasure cave gold aren't really amazing unless your build is just right for them. Not like the Iboju masks; I am not sure there are any other masks available at 57 that are as good. I did have a bunch of Zight money; some from the archer run and some that I found. One time in Detlas I was wandering and found a bunch of stuff that I guess someone dumped. Zight money and a bunch of dungeon keys. So I bought a lot of wisdom potions at the brew shop.

18. shacers

Minecraft:
    no i mean stabbing then stashing

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh, is your older/primary class an assassin?

It is nice to know what to expect in some quests. Also, having another class to go mess with a while makes frustrating spots easier to deal with. That's what I should have done in Envoy II. Not sure how much it will make me redo after /kill in the big room where the parkour is. I can make that; I was frustrated because on the last one it made me totally restart all of them The others had used the platform ledges as checkpoints. So had the last one until I got pretty much all the way across.

Speaking of killing the player, I have had some oddball launches where I go really high up, like higher than the ridges, and then come back down. Happened in Corkus a few times and then recently happened in the valley of the lost. In Corkus, it seemed out of the blue while running along. in valley of the lost, it was triggered by arrow storm. Not every arrow storm, but some. Anyway, it was always just an interesting little wrinkle as I landed safely from where I was launched ad went on about life. Until a little while ago, when the landing from one in Corkus killed me.

Still more killing the player...
    In ROL 1, with the monk, I was in the part where you survive the grootslang and was doing okay, but waited too long to take potion one time, so switching away from the bow killed me.. Second time, I would hit the potion around 3,000 hp, not caring if I wasted a little. the trouble is that in that spot you can go 15 seconds without damage and then drop 1500 in under 5 seconds. I did the trick of riding the horse back and forth.

And a further tangent is *not* killing the player. I decided to try the suggestion of escaping off a cliff to exit Thesead as I was told I would take no damage from a landing after escape. I didn't find out if that was true or not; I went to the left of the high bridge and escaped off the cliff and landed in a little pond.

Did Cowfusion to go over 90 and slayed Pernix monkeys, robots, bandits and whatever else crossed my path, which was lots of things as I started off in the wrong direction, and halfway to 91. Watched Olinus to see how bad the parkour is Fantastic Voyage and it looks manageable, so I might start that later and switch back and forth to monk during it.

20. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0aL0b0U0b0e0U0-10000M0001005xtzz++++-zllAZP20
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Mask of Courage
    > Dravarden
    > Morph-Iron
    > Morph-Gold
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Morph-Topaz
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Morph-Ruby
    > Remikas' Righteousness [f5f5f5]
    you could try to save for something like this on your bmonk
    and why don't you get generalist? It's one of the best abilities for battle monk. That 5 mana spell can help you out a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.