Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah as the person said above, try to look for grind parties in waterfall
    check on pfinder

2. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have been shy about pfinder because I don't really know what I am doing yet, but I guess I never will if I don't just dive in. I am not judging the build; I was just hopeful it might help enough to get me over the hump when my play isn't quite adequate for the situation. The current build, which is pretty much my lv 85 build without the tt, has actual in game numbers of +71% +278 health regen and +36/5s mana regen. Some numbers are a little funky to get in game because I can't hold the bow and see player stats, but Maelstrom doesn't affect those. It does affect main and spell, which are -7% and +14% without it and then Maelstrom adds +9% and +17%. Total health is 12,576 without Maelstrom and 12,153 holding it (has -423 health).

I have submitted bug reports on some, but not all. I checked my inbox and I have submitted 5 reports. Some I feel like are at least partially my fault, though mistakes should be recoverable, even if it means having to redo some or all of what had been done to that point. I have started looking closer at the wiki and sometimes proactively watching videos if it looks like there are complications. I have tried to just do that reactively in the past, only resorting to it when stuck, frustrated and/or lost.

3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    another little odd note. with my walk speed bonuses and having windy/stormy feet in my ability tree, my T2 horse isn't really all that useful. If I do an escape to get the speed boost every now and then, I seem to cover ground more quickly than riding and when I need to get my bearings, I can have an angel up if if something starts messing with me I am prepared to start shooting back.

4. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah horses are kinda useless for spellspan archers mages and warriors

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not even sure I want to do Galleons a second time for the upgrade. It was annoying. more than challenging, at least from a battling perspective. Maybe I will do it as a battle monk.

In Thesead, almost a lv 86 from unintentional grinding running up and down the canyons. It's my second time here and I still don't know the way. Both times I ended up at a cliffside prof house after going up stairs that looked like they might make it to the ridge where you can see the bridge to Thesead. I worked along the edge, did escape over to a rock spire and from the spire to another ledge and then worked my way up, escaping straight up and tapping S until I turned around and saw a bowman at the bridge.

Got a lot of xp running up and down the canyons and a couple of decent drops. What appears to be a pretty good adder stone necklace, a morph-amethyst ring. I got so lost I ended up at the Canyon Colossus. There are some really unfriendly angels with bows down there and some grumpy old men with crossbows and tridents. One mob I tried to take out with a sniper shot from way above and a pretty fair distance away. It teleported directly to me. I survived a pretty big hit and guardian angel finished it off.

6. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i would like to see your opinion on corrupted underworld crypt

7. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Reminds me of the brawl games my kids used to play. The arena without walls is tough, as I use storm knockback as part of my play style. And as you saw, I really suck at parkour and at the / commands in game when I feel like I need to be quick. believe it or not, I have been developing software professionally for over 40 years. You would think I would have better keyboard skills. But the real keyboard is off to the side; I use a gaming one hander.

It was difficult to see what was going on. Outside of the first one, where I had to kill 25, and the last one where I basically outran them and then turned around and cut through them, I was mostly jus keeping a guardian angel up. It was popping off and health would sometimes dip slightly, but I could hardly see any bosses.
    I had a couple of potions for spell and main but forgot to take them. I can't remember if I used healing potion in there. The regen is quick. I used healing potion when I jumped off that cliff getting out of Thesea. That's how I left last time, but I had the Passus Lux boots, so I jumped off the really high bridge.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  8. shacers

Minecraft:
    underworld crypt is like the worst dungeon other than infested pit lol

9. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have not done many. In sand swept tomb, I was lucky to get the long but easy parkour (apparently there are 3 variations randomly chosen) with big platforms and I could use leap. Infested pit was easy; it just had gimmick parkour bouncing on the trampolines. Ragni sewers seems like it shouldn't even count. Galleon's was okay, but it took me several tries where the floor explodes out from under you. When I finally made it, I cut it so close I was about to scream in frustration when I found myself done with it. On the countdown, the zero had a black background from having fallen through the floor and I didn't think it would go my way.

More recently, not dungeons but quests, I bailed on the marauder's one when it got to the crazy parkour for the 3rd of three jewels. I had to /kill out of there. I was able to bail on Desperate Metal by watching Olinus. There are 3 caves and you come back out between them, so I just did the two without the ridiculous parkour in the last one. His warnings about the mini-bosses in the two I did make me feel really good about the build I am using. I have two of each of the part you collect for each one because I hung around so long they respawned. I could hardly believe that was it. This is on level. The boss altar at Obiju village and the boss fights in wynnex d were a joke (those are done).

Hard to get excited about going back to complete earlier stuff. I need to start doing raids. I did grootslangs with a couple of guild people and dogwqter took me into corrupted underworld crypt. I need to do a waterfall one. Dogwqter did a lot of hand holding in the dungeon last night, so I didn't get the full experience there but I probably wouldn't have fared as well. I never had trouble with mobs, but the bosses were mostly somewhere in a cloud of spell magic in front of dogwqter and I was slaying underlings. I am sure he is a little frustrated with my parkour and in game communication skills, but I enjoyed it.

10. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    my right index finger hurt so much from lightbender melee
    and its fine, we all have a period in time that we are learning and I underwent the same
    people learn from experience, and there always has to be a first

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks. My left thumb is my biggest source of pain (arthritis), which is odd as it gets used so little. I picked up a foot pedal that's mapped to space, but wasn't using it as I really don't have my timing down yet. Not doing parkour well makes it tough in a lot of places, like getting access to use the gate to get to Thesead instead of escaping up ledges. Looking at wynnutils map (seeing where road/paths go is much easier) is not encouraging as far as a back way in. Simplest thing is probably to get close and /kill.

Actually, one thing I do with my left thumb is joystick games, which may be a contributing factor, though I haven't played any in a bit. That's a different motion, though. But even on that I am far from amazing. I slogged my way through both Ori games but get practically nowhere in Hollow Knight, if you know those games.

Question for you - why would anyone use a Zero? I got one as a drop and out of curiosity, I plugged it into a build:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0No0ZN0tJ0t0f0q0U1L1N00010048G0zz++++--hzPlEL
    Much improved main, but still fairly ineffective on mobs at this level, and while it is a fast bow it is still slower than TT, which seems to me would largely cancel out the advantage with main if you need to put a few shots in something. Then it takes a big bite out of health and regen. It's going to market and for not a whole lot as it isn't a very good one. I went out to Corkus earlier and did 2/3 of a quest. Someone threw a double xp bomb so I went back to that grind spot and got killed again, then went and shot up the supposedly on level robots and got to lv 87

12. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    zero is pretty irrelevant
    unless you want to put on a scarlet veil and add +attack speed items to play tierstack exploding zero (which i have never seen before)

ttide is just more widely used at level

13. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    your WHAT

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not considering switching; I am sold on tt. Based on the way it destroys on level mobs, it seems like it should last several levels. But the reason I wonder about the Zero is that usually with other legendary, fabled or rare items, I can see the tradeoffs. Especially with fabled; they generally seem to offer one or more major advantages at a steep price in some other area. I actually had and used a scarlet veil at one point. Amazing damage for quick shots and wiped out a lot of mobs, but I had about 2 shots to locate and take out a ranged weapon or I would bein trouble and had to high tail it. I went through healing potion like water in the shower. Anyway, the tradeoff was very clear. With the Zero, it really isn't. Reminds me of Firestorm Bellows, which I owned but never used because I couldn't put together a build that touched the Maelstrom I was using.
    Don't you see my tag line and the gray hair in my avatar? I have 4 adult children. I actually started getting into mc when we set up a realms server just as something to do together remotely. They are more builders that battlers, but we occasionally swap in a mini-game.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  15. shacers

Minecraft:
    yes he is a grown man, apparantly he wishes to retire on a beach.

btw infested pit is hard because of the first room not the parkour lol

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    On level maybe. A few levels later with one of my ridiculously overpowered builds with very little defense, I cast a guardian angel every few seconds and just walked around picking up tokens.

shacers likes this.
  17. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah ik
    but for some reason it's still kinda trippy thinking about adults playing minecraft-
    idk, probably my inherent bias

shacers likes this.
  18. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah
    agree

but Minecraft is a game for all ages and its great seeing many different ages of people together

Enderae likes this.
  19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even feeble old people you have to help up the stairs... :laughing:

20. Endistic

Endistic Acolyte Enjoyer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    200th reply gg

Thread Status: