Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event 2.0 Content Census

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ocu, Oct 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hello, everyone!

As part of an effort to gather more community feedback on stuff the Content Team did this update, I am happy to present the (dubiously) Official 2.0 Content Census! Now that there's been roughly a month or so for the community to play and get used to the new things that this update has added, I've decided that now would be a better time than ever to get a simple, generalized poll on what the community thinks about the content that the CT (not devs) put out this update.

This will be a basic google form that will provide some basic questions about CT Content this update, such as rating the new raid, dungeon, as well as multiple other things.

The data collected will be used to better reflect on our efforts this update and hopefully get a general idea of what the community liked and didn't like, if we improved from 1.20, as well as if you would like to see more like this going forward.

You can take the survey by clicking this link:
    https://forms.gle/WdE8KiTpMEN3xMp1A

The Census will be open until November 5th, 2022, after which point the survey will be closed and the data will be both presented and sent off to the rest of the CT.

Bear in mind, this will likely not be the only Census; further ones may be posted in the future to see how community opinions have changed and to add delayed content (such as The Breaking Point) to the equation, as well as adding more detailed questions to the Census itself.

Happy Questioning!

-oculism

2. Wackolo

Wackolo the converger CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    buff assassin

3. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i havent done any quests since 2.0

DungeonBee likes this.
  4. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll publicly say this instead of just answering the survey but the quality jump between (most) 2.0 quests and 1.20 quests is INSANE. 2.0 quests are (generally) some of the largest fun I've ever had in this game and that is saying something.

Cope lol

5. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    content team w tbh

Castti likes this.
  6. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hunger of gerts part 2 about to get shredded

BethJerry, Aya, Wackolo and 11 others like this.
  7. lampdrawsfar

lampdrawsfar Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    am i the only one that doesnt hate it

8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes

BethJerry, Aya, Wackolo and 7 others like this.
  9. SynthesisCT

SynthesisCT Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The form does not give users the ability to skip questions they have not done/experienced, which will probably skew some results. Also bouncing off of what Wackolo said above I think it is worth while to add some questions related to the ability tree (the selling point of 2.0) and the class reworks/balancing. The staff team is obviously working on some things we don't know about, but if you were to leave an open section for items changed it would let you see which items people are concerned about more than others. The biggest examples that come to my mind are poison in general, weathered major id being relatively bad, and pure major id being relatively bad.

10. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The ability tree would require an entire form of its own, this is mostly for GM/Builder/Scripter use. And Items are extremely finnicky and I'm not experienced with them enough to make a proper census on them.

ThedumbOX, Uniimog, Samsam101 and 2 others like this.
  11. Salami

Salami Assassin/Assassinself HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My strongest opinion which i already put into the forms but feel like verbalizing moreso than that is my gripes with TNA, which mostly devolve to arbitrary one shot mechanics and audio cues rather than visual cues for mechanics. Still an amazing raid overall but those two things are kind of annoying.

12. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:

13. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm glad you guys are doing surveys and stuff like this. I appreciate that you are taking the time to see what players are liking and disliking and seeing how you can improve the game. I think that really helps the community feel like they're actually able to give meaningful feedback to improve the experience in the future.

14. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This + the "would you like more content like X" honestly just shows how much they actually care and that just makes me happy

Melkor likes this.
  15. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    Good poll. I wish it gave me a chance to rant about how much I love battle monk but oh well maybe next time.

16. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As someone who has played through all the new quests 14 times (yes, I need to show my sad flex), I generally love the reworks and the new quests. Hollow Serenity instantly skyrocketed into my top 5 of favorite quests and The Canary Calls is probably in the top 10.

Some of the reworks were so small that I don't think it's even worth talking about them, but that's not necessarily wrong.

The only disappointment for me was the Hunger of Gerts questline, which was pretty dull and just seemed like a cut-down version of the questline before the rework. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind short quests, in fact, sometimes I prefer just doing short quests over 30-stage sagas, but this one just isn't entertaining no matter the length.

shtnck eyh ckhhe likes this.
  17. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Something of a weird note when it comes to Galleon's Graveyard: I love the new one, I think it's the best dungeon currently in the game, but I can't compare it to the old one because prior to 2.0 I'd never actually stepped foot inside the dungeon ever.

I'd heard negative things about it, so I never really sought it out, and in the course of "normal" play I just never really got around to it, y'know?

Anyway since there wasn't a reply that covered that I just hit "have not seen the new dungeon" to try and avoid messing with results too much.

18. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I have just one word about this whole thing.. pond

19. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    no i dont

Wackolo and Castti like this.
  20. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What do you all think about new Hunger of Gerts?

I loved the plot twist in the old line where the player found out that while they do steal and eat animals they still care for them and want them to have a good life until they're eaten, not trapped in a battery farm. The new questline just completely took this important lore from the game and instead continued with "gerts bad" in part 2.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.