Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I peeked at video to see the way since I obviously got off course and let it run through so I would know what to expect. Holy crap! If that's "real" lv 70, I am not a legit lv 70. I have to admit I do that a lot - peek at videos. How people figure out some of the subtle details is beyond me. Some of it is interpreting the text to read hints, some just amazing attention to detail and some seems like someone put in serious time looking around an area. I always try to do things unaided, then look at the wiki if I have trouble and then videos if I am still not getting it.
    I haven't truly started ROL4 yet; just went to the tree and didn't successfully get up there yet. I just want to make sure it lets me since ROL3 is bugged at the end and I can't finish it.
    Life is hard without the real time map (not sure if it is still down). I wish I could figure out why wynnutils crashes all the time on my machine so it wouldn't be such a big deal.

EDIT - I decided to try again on ROL4 to climb and look for Lari, but peeking at inof found that I should have gotten dialog and then clicked to summon her. I got no dialog. So getting bugged out in ROL3 means I cannot do any other ROL quests. Sucks because I pretty much finished ROL3. That's a case where I should have watched a video before I tried myself and I would have known to go ahead and jump down and get out the door quickly. But not my fault that because I didn't it is now impossible for me to finish the quest and there fore not possible to do any more ROL quests. ROL3 did make me not care for Lari so much.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  2. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All kinds of trouble with bugged quests the last few days. Waiting for the flerisi to stop popping off. Wait - what flerisi? It disappeared and the popping never stopped. Disconnecting and reconnecting starts you hunting for them again with it reset, so it is just a minor pain. upload_2022-10-8_20-34-48.png
    keeps happening, only usually it stays there. Someon else came up and from the way they walked around trying, standing back awhile, trying again, coming back a minute or so later, I think it is happening to them also. I have tried it 4 times. /kill time again...

and then I made it further to where the big one is for a pretty straight up boss fight and I died. It's been on level death day. Actually started last night.

EDIT - on a positive note, between Forbidden Prison and Haven Antiquity, I am now lv 73.

one last positive note. I am almost in shock at what a couple of tweaks did.
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/builder#7_0mX01ECI-10000RAbnormal Robe of Mana0200510G020Ro0M020140X01020k010UU0+0201W1W0O602y0uP0RQ0No0ZN0Q-0j0t0P0F0i1910000M010078G1007ES10000Mzz++++-VhzHVQL1
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Spectre
    > Abnormal Robe of Mana
    > Kratke
    > Bad Wolf
    > Photon
    > Marble
    > Kelight's Gauntlet
    > Ensa's Faith
    > Maelstrom [f4]

I can actually get that damage slightly higher but without that great mana regen. Escape is free; it regens the mana used before I land. Alternating storms and bombs, I can get 5 or 6 at pretty much full speed. On a more normal pace, it's like a bottomless tank,

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  3. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Been all over and bought a little more, messed around ,test and decided that pushing the power where storm is over 50k was a fragile build and all that power didn't buy that much more than having it in the high 30s. So I came up with this:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...10000M1005hM10008G1007ES10000Mzz++++-VhzHVQL1
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Spectre
    > Adamantite
    > Kelight's Shield
    > Wavelength
    > Photon
    > Marble
    > Kelight's Gauntlet
    > Ensa's Faith
    > Maelstrom [f4]

Nine is actually 8860 hp as I don't have optimum extra hp on the shield and leggings, but pretty good. My boots do have near max spell bost, but main is lower, so the bow shot isn't quite what it says but spells are probably pretty close. Seems to hold up well.
    As something of a test, I crossed the Great Bridge on foot. the hardest part is the spinning wireframe cubes that have knock back shots and seem almost immune to damage. Arrow storm will take out 2 of the flaming cubes at a time. i made it. I didn't stop to see what was in the chests, though...

4. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am lv 74 now and am actually supposed to be in Cinfras/Aldorei, which are oddly separated by about 200 yards of hostile territory. So my excuse of being in above my level is not a good one. Really need to adjust play style a bit, I have been adjusting builds as noted in the last post to be more defensive, All I have done since that last one is just upgrade the necklace to one with a better roll and more mana regen. I made one attempt to get back to From the Mountains to fight the big flerisi, but I think I ended up in the wrong spot or it needs the sequence to get the cave set up right.
    I need to take my first run at Galleon's Graveyard soon.
    Still poking around in the market regularly, mostly thinking I may find another ring for mana regen. Not having much trouble with regen but need to start using spells more proactively; and not just angel. I do use bomb for sniping a lot but I have to be careful about it becoming too much of a go to as I have taken self inflicted damage hitting them too close. It's storm I need to start using more and I have been to some degree, but definitely need more mana regen to really kick it up.

5. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thought I had posted an update I don't see now. Level 75. I have scaled back power in favor of hp, largely driven by fights with sky pirates in Acquiring Credentials, which I still haven't completed. I am going to watch a video and see if I am missing something like an opportunity to leave at some point. It's beginning to seem like endless waves of them and there is definitely a point where I think I may have killed the last one and then they start respawning in force. I have gone as many as 5 "rounds" with them, eventually dying.

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...n0q1B10000M1005hM10008G010000Mzz++++-VhzHVQL1
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Spectre
    > Adamantite
    > Kelight's Shield
    > Passus Lux
    > Photon
    > Marble
    > Kelight's Gauntlet
    > Ensa's Faith
    > Maelstrom [f4]

With the mana regen, I can actually pick my way along at a slower pace than has been my style and never even use main. I still do use it and charge through a lot of areas. I can escape pretty much infinitely, regenning all the mana used by the time I land and L click 3 times.

I couldn't resist testing the boots by jumping off the edge by the air ships at Cinfras. There are a few places where that will come in handy. There have been a few times when I climb a ridge and see my destination is right below me but there is a steep cliff and I likely wouldn't survive the fall.

Looking ahead, I have a Firestorm Bellows in the bank, which seems like the next logical choice but builds for lv 79, when I would be able to use it, all seem to have less power than if I leave Maelstrom in the mix. It does provide more hp and ehp. For several levels, my habit has become upgrading to the next legendary fast or better bow and it has worked out very well. It's surprising to me how much separation there is in bows between the legendary and the best similar rare or unique bows I look at. With armor and bling, I often find some rare items that are on par or even fit a build better than legendary alternatives, though right now everything but brace and rings are legendary.

6. Jackkoh

Jackkoh Grass of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you should get homing shots instead of cheaper arrow shield and the traveler, it makes main attacks home in on enemies and overall it's a very good upgrade especially for boltslinger

7. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was just looking at your ability tree, and I noticed that you didn't have windy feet unlocked. Windy feet is pretty much free walk speed since it makes escape give you a pretty good amount of ws for 3 minutes. Farther down on the tree, there is an upgrade for that which will increase the given walk speed even further.

Endistic likes this.
  8. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks. That's a good thought. I often don't hit enemies with main until they are pretty close. Some things I have right now are kind of place holders. I had stomp for a while and didn't really use it, but I have to get it and upgrade it to geyser to get down to snow storm and all-seeing panoptes. I really don't want to get either until I have 6 points to spend to get past them and get snow storm. That will be a while, so I should put more thought into what I do with the points I have. Cheaper arrow shield and traveler are kind of parking spots, though I do use arrow shield almost constantly. They also are not pegged to an archetype, so they don't affect eligibility further down the tree. I think I will try that. I almost never do a reset, so I have a lot of shards.

It seemed counterintuitive to me. I primarily use escape when I am still in the fight and just need to get perspective and distance so I can get some shots/spells in without the mob (often a boss) in my face giving me contact damage. Walk speed I use to get by something and make evasive maneuvers from closer to the mob. If something with a ranged weapon is close by and I have an angel up, I will often close the gap instead of aiming and firing.
    BTW, starting to wonder if I am bugged in Acquiring Credentials. Since I am having trouble getting past the sky pirates, I decided to watch a video. Link is at the point where the fight begins. I never get the next bit of dialog and go to the cave and on my longer attempts I kill 4 or 5 times as many mobs as what's shown in the video.

had to use tinyurl because it kept getting converted to media and starting at the beginning
    https://tinyurl.com/wysvsar2

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  9. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hey, heres a build that you could work towards

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...N10009I10009I10009I1004fI10000Izz++++--pFxZhh
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Blue Mask
    > Seagazer
    > Dark Shroud
    > Ensa's Ideals
    > Detective's Ring
    > Photon
    > Dragon's Eye Bracelet
    > Royal Stormy Amulet
    > Torrential Tide [w6]

And if you want xp quickly, a great way is by doing corrupted dungeons. The dungeons themselves give lots of xp, and you can open the dungeon chest after each run as well, which gives an extra 300k xp per run.

10. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have actually had some builds with more punch than that (I have had arrow storm over 50k), but not with that hp. They were great cave running builds and were good for some boss battles because I could end them quickly, but didn't fare well in situations like the sky pirates or other places where I had a lot of attackers, some with ranged weapons, and I was going to have to survive some damage. i always keep bow in 1 and healing potion in 2, so that 2-R click-1 is kind of like a 4th spell, but it isn't the same as having the xp.

I love the mana regen on that build. I see I have another super fast bow option coming up. It's a shame it diminishes main like that, though I can keep my eye out for a good roll. I am about to follow up on another comment about main that might be different with a super fast bow.

Yeah, polish isn't going to happen; it's pretty much stream of consciousness.

11. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I used my point from lv 76 to try this and I am changing my tune. I got lost looking for Philo the gnome and ended up in the hobgoblin cave. Knowing I had this, when I was deep in and wanted to try and bolt back out, I turned around and did my escape back toward where I wanted to go, spun and ran on landing and made it out and to the elf town where they wouldn't let me in. Hopped on the horse, promptly got lost again and found Philo. Totally out of potion and low on health with no great regen. So I am standing around waiting for slow regen to get me to a level where it's worth a try to do the quest. At the elf town I could get into the bank and should have swapped something out for better health regen, though I am using Ensa's Faith, which has +20%. Still crazy slow; not going to wait for all of it. I could end up using windy feet to get away from something to survive.

EDIT - still there. exited a couple of times and come back to it when I got off the trail of cheese trying to figure out what t do. I fell off the parkour because of course I did and then ran around for a while figuring out that I really have no choice but to try again. Health down under 3000 with no potions and regens way too slowly to stand around waiting. there is no perfect safe place to wait that I have found yet. If I find one, I will leave it sitting there a while. Otherwise I am going to press on and probably die sooner or later.

last edit on this quest - I need to think about better health regen. I found a couple of safe spots along the way, but regen actually takes so long that I caught up on a couple of shows. I did finish it. One nerve racking thing for me was that I wondered if the parkour checkpoints would actually work for me. I am wearing Passus Lux boots so a fall wouldn't have done any damage.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  12. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finally beat the pirates in Acquiring Credentials. But after returning, the dialog with the bartender started while still on the way to the bar and when we (the NPC Doan was following) get there, the wall was closed up and the bartender would not interact again. I tried leaving and coming back; no joy. Then I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and that seems to have really killed it. All the NPCs for the quest no seem to have disappeared. No one in the customs office, the bartender that interreacts is not there (there were two bartenders and the one that never interacted is still there), mechanic is not there and Doan is not at any of those locations. I have the dragonling egg.
    I guess I will do the lv 75 slay and do some catch up on old quests. Maybe go get killed by the flerisi again to see if I can get a clue about what is happening. It's one where I hit it with a storm which seems to have a lot of effect, it looks like it is transforming and then I am dead; no incremental damage - just over 9,000 hp lost at once - and I don't even see what it does to make that happen.
    A bit frustrated right now.

13. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It probably cast heavy explosion on you. It's usually telegraphed with a loud clicking sound, and white particles where it's going to hit. When I did that quest, I got skimmed by a heavy explosion, and was down to 100 health. This was before the agi/def nerf of 2.0

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At level 77. Tried the Purple and Blue quest and made it all the way to the escape at the end. Tried many, many times and on my best runs wasn't even close. I could have delayed between runs and tried forever, but I went full speed until I ran out of health and died. Hopefully there is a shortcut if I ever go back. Barely started Hunger of the Gerts 1. I feel like levelling is about to really slow down. Anything other than on level quests barely moves the progression bar. Not being able to finish quests from bugs or lack of skill in the last few levels doesn't help.

15. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah leveling slows down in the later game due to there being less quests
    a great way to level is doing corrupted dungeons, which you should start doing for xp
    also hold a bow with xp bonus at the end of each dungeon for more xp

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really suck at parkour, so dungeons have been a big problem. I do all slays on level; I am decent at combat, which is my favorite aspect of the game along with the exploring/adventuring. I love caves.

I didn't think about doing multipliers just at the end of dungeons. I assume quests and slays would also work that way. For slays, I guess I could even swap out all sorts of gear before going back to the sign. With all of those, doing them when well past level takes away the xp impact. The bugs in ROL 3 and Acquiring Credentials are a setback in current level progression. Not only do I not get the xp for doing them (both are essentially done), but I am prevented from doing ROL 4 and Flight in Distress because they aren't complete. That's probably well over a level of xp.

17. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    quests and slays don't work the same way. Completing a dungeon is basically equivalent to killing a very strong monster, so it can get affected by xp bonus. Also you should try out some raids, 'cause you can get slaying combat xp tomes and dungeon combat xp tomes.

18. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, Hunger of the Gerts 1 ends with more parkour under time pressure. Not an incredibly difficult one. I may be able to chip away at it, but not in one sitting. I will go a wandering and come back to it later. Really need the xp to get to lv 78, though.

19. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    corrupted decrepit sewers isn't that difficult...

20. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will have to give that a try. I am about to make lv 78 mostly on testing builds, grinding and exploring. There was a secret discovery I stumbled on also. I picked up a lot of drops and among them were two different legendary leggings - Geyser and Post-Utima - that can be hot swapped with what I had currently been using - Kelight's Shield - and each other.
    Post-Ultima has the power
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...D10000M1005hM1000ES10002410000Mzz++++--hzHlEL
    but Geyser has more hp and especially ehp, the health regen, mana regen and the walk speed
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...0Z0x1D10000M1005hM100024010000Mzz++++--hzHlEL
    coupling that with windy feet, occasionally launching straight up if I haven't needed escape for a bit and I can run right up to mobs and blast them with a storm. There are a few that need a couple of storms or a couple of bombs and might be better handled with the stronger build, but I think I like the defensive build better. It's not weak; just not really strong like the other. And I can hot swap without losing health if I need to. I really like they way the build handles ranged weapons. It takes a couple of shots without much damage and I get it back without sipping a health potion. With some of my strongest builds, I go through health potion like water in the shower.
    Anyway, the geyser build is my current favorite. It held up running around Lake Gylia and Thanos (just around and up the steps, but not really inside) and a nearby min that had lv 87 gargoyles. Also in the area where the lv 78 slay is. I may find that I am done with it as soon as I start it with the stuff I have in my pouch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.