Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Boltslingers discussion/journal

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ReachDaBeach24, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReachDaBeach24

ReachDaBeach24 Old dog with some new tricks VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A little tune up. This was so much fun. I screwed up and missed the 1 key (bow) at the end, but I am very pleased with how this works. I am guessing that the chest is up on that hill or maybe I missed something I was supposed to do down in the pit. This is still at 57 with the mediocre pants without powders.

I had the potions with me along with the zombie eyes (I harvested 20 in case it takes me a few tries) but did not take a potion other than the health sips. I just had forgotten to put that stuff away when I decided to wait to try the boss altar again. Didn't lose anything. I will bank them before going back, just in case. Really only the eyes are at risk. I will also switch out to a more defense oriented build for the ride across the bridge. Time to saddle up in Tempo Town..

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    luckeyLuuk likes this.
  2. CrypticLucid

CrypticLucid archangel on top VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    something I did to only go across the great bridge once was that there's a couple spots in herb cave on the right (opposite of usual grindspot) where mobs can't hit you

3. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    do you not use escape to move around? and uh escape? lol anyway nice video shooting everything

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  4. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Now that I've seen that video, I'm realizing that I never even noticed that cave. It would've been good to know about when I was doing the quest. Overall it seems like you were doing really well until you got combo'ed by that large group of mobs, then ended up stuck between the two large groups of mobs.
    Now that I think about it, you probably could've gotten out of that situation just by casting escape over the group behind you. Good to keep in mind, I guess.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  5. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hey, for powedering weapons, its in your best interest to have two of the same powder for a powder special.
    the most common ones are two f4+ for courage or two w4+ for curse.

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  6. CrypticLucid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :doom: where quake
    also just realized no windy feet

7. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorry but i don't think quake would be good in his scenario

8. CrypticLucid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well yea quake isn't good at this point but it's still common
    also rip wind prison

shacers likes this.
  9. shacers

Minecraft:
    quake is good as archer? lol maybe with boltslinger. personally i prefer courage not curse as curse has tiny radius and only affects enemies in radius whereas courage just boosts your damage to everything, curse does have a higher dmg boost though

10. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I may be wrong, but I feel like the Thunder powder special would be best just for clearing groups of mobs.

shacers likes this.
  11. shacers

Minecraft:
    what is wind prison? is it like a super powerful vortex of air that pulls evrrything in and stuns them? i wish

12. CrypticLucid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well positives and negatives
    i mostly use curse but whatever
    either way quake is only really for hmelee but not great on archer archetypes

Earthbrine and shacers like this.
  13. dogwqter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i was just saying that curse and courage are the best in general
    quake is mostly for heavy melee
    the only use for thunder special is probably on divzer tbh
    and wind prison is just irrelevant

14. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Kratke leggings will get 3 tier 4 powders. I can't use them until I cross 58. I entered the lv 58 build without powders and while all the elements were in the green, thunder, water and fire barely were. So I figured I should use hose. But you are now talking about still more that I don't yet know about - quake, curse and courage. Please educate me.

The problem was the left hand I keep complaining about. I missed the 1 key to switch back to the bow. I also did it a little earlier but got away with it. This time I was dependent on it, racing straight into them about to introduce them to my little friend. But I was just waving a bottle at them.
    I love all the caves around Troms, except for that one giving you a ride to Temp Town if you die at the bottom. They could be a little longer, but they are fun. Only found one with a few jumps that really aren't parkour.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    luckeyLuuk likes this.
  15. shacers

Minecraft:
    so armor powders arent very important, elemental defenses are not super important and what they do is straight up reduce damage taken, or increase. like if you have 200 thunder def then you take 200 less damage from thunder attaks, if you have -100 you take 100 more.

quake curse and courage are done through applying two lvl 4 or higher powders of the same kind to your weapon, every hit it charges a little bit, slower weapons charge more per hit. at max charge it lights up right over your hotbar, activate by shift rightclicking (usually left clik but you have bow) water powder = curse, in a small area around you all mobs are effected by curse for x time for x more damage taken.
    fire powder = courage, in a small area around you deal x damage and gain x damage boost for x time against all mobs
    thunde powder = chain lightning, shoot lightning at a nearby target and chain x enemies for x damage
    earth powder = quake, cause a earthquake in the area around you to deal x damage
    air powder = wind prison, nearby mobs are lifted off the ground and held in place, your next hit does x more damage

16. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I see. So I need to head over to the powder shop. I need to do that anyway for the leggings. Thunder is the only one I don't have two of; I will go check the market. I got to 58 clearing mobs around the jungle village.

BTW, earlier I got a wild surprise; a huge mob on the trail right outside Troms. I mean over 20' tall, if you consider players and most mobs to be 5' to 6'. I should have run, but I thought I could take him. :sunglasses:

17. shacers

Minecraft:
    ITS MAMA ZOMBIE KILL IT actually idk what it is but mama zombie is likely, its super rare amd dont sell the drop for anything cheap

18. Earthbrine

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've only seen one Mama Zomble ever, so yea. Btw it isn't Mama Zombie, but instead Mama Zomble. Not a typo.

19. ReachDaBeach24

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Only a large lot of thunder for sale at the moment; will check later or maybe I will find some. For now, the bow is f4t4. I did that when I got it because I didn't know about pairing powders. Will do w4w4f4 on the leggings (still all numbers in the green) so I will only need one T4 to redo the bow.

20. shacers

Minecraft:
    you can still buy one from that you know, simply click on it then the green plus, type in the amount you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.