Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The Wynncraftian Newsletter - Edition 1 - Written by Idiots in Ahmsord

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Enderae, Jul 9, 2022.

?

do yall want another edition of this

1. yes

82.0%
  2. no

4.9%
  3. enderae ur the worst go leave wynn forums forever, i hate you with a burning passion

13.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Wynncraftian Newsletter - Edition 1

[​IMG]

We know him, we love him.

His name is Tom, short for Totem.

Across the Wynncraftian world, we have seen horrible accounts of Totem abuse. Totems are innocent, gentle creatures, who attach themselves lovingly to their owners. Yet there are people who MISTREAT THEIR TOTEM. This cannot continue. Without further ado, this is a Shaman PSA.

How to Feed your Totem

Totems feed primarily on the life-force of living beings. With that in mind, spells like Aura and Haul’s damage do not feed your Totem as well as its passive aura of vitality-stealing-death. The scientifically proven best way to feed your Totem, researched by Cinfrasian and Ahmsordian scientists, and it all depends on what you choose.

If you are an Acolyte, you should stand in your Totem’s radius to feed it, as your health gives more nutrition than other mobs’ health. Remember to carry a large amount of Health potions brought at WynnHealth with you during this, and remember that it will hurt. Just grit your teeth and think about your Totem’s happiness.

If you are a Summoner, it is extra important to feed it with other mobs. Try to use Aura to group up mobs into your two totems, as summoners have 2 totems as opposed to one. This is much more mana-consuming, so make sure you have Mana potions nearby.

If you are a Ritualist, just try to feed your totem normally. Because of your mask system handling a majority of the work, you should be just fine.

How to make your Totem Happy

Totems have been proven, in tests, to enjoy going on walks and to the movies. Walks are easy enough to do, cast RLR every time your Totem gets too far from you. Alternatively, you can also Uproot them to a new location. That is much harder to pull off, but much more comfortable for your totem. It is up to you which one you’d prefer.

Speaking of Uproot, I would like to direct all of your attention to a growing movement in the Wynn community.

Here is an excerpt from a Totem-rights activist.

Activist: “HOW DARE THESE DOGS, THESE SCUMMY LIARS OPPRESS OUR TOTEMS LIKE THIS?! WE CANNOT STAND FOR SUCH CORRUPTION! UTTER HYPOCRISY IS EVERYWHERE IN THESE THREE PROVINCES. HOW DARE THE POLICE FORCE ARREST AND ACCUSE US OF “public endangerment” AND “please kid, put down the stick, it’s just a video game” AND EVEN SAYING SUCH LIES LIKE “stop poking me in the eye with the stick please i already am 13 stacks of LE in debt to my doctor”. SURELY THIS IS BLATANT HYPOCRISY IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM”

Ahmsordian Villager: “Can you please shut up? No one cares about your stupid totem.”

Activist: *click click DING*

The activist proceeded to use Aura on the villager, killing him instantly, then Uprooting all over Ahmsord, causing a third of the city to fall into the void. Now, this MIGHT seem like an act of terrorism and murder, but it’s JUSTIFIED BECAUSE OF TOTEM RIGHTS OK-

For legal reasons, so we don’t get assassinated in Hunted mode by Toxoplasmosis users, the above paragraph has never happened.

Anyways, make sure to support the Totem-Rights movement to let your Totems into theaters.*

Talk to your Totems a minimum of an hour a day to give them the maximum benefit from communication. Too little leaves their social skills undeveloped. This makes them unable to communicate their needs to you, and being unable to communicate with other Totems, leading them to being unhappy. Too much makes them emotionally scarred due to you dumping all of your considerable emotional trauma onto them, such as talking about your various war crimes committed in the past.

However, if you are a Summoner, you won’t have to talk to your two Totems as much, as they will most likely talk to eachother instead of you as you get to higher levels. This is not meant as an act of offense, it’s just how they behave.

Potential Dangers

There are a few potential dangers you should be aware of.

For one, placing your totem in the middle of Deltas to go side to side spamming Haul. This makes your totem hungry and very unhappy. If you do this, after, make extra sure your totem is happy and fed well with the methods above.

Explosions outside of Uproot can also be very harmful to your totem. Please try to lower your totem’s exposure to explosions, as explosions are the easiest way to harm a totem.

Also, beware of Anti-Totem Marauders. They roam the Wynn world, killing totem after totem after totem. Please keep your totem safe and hidden in your pocket dimension if there is one or more nearby.

Common Q/A Questions about your Totem

Q: Where does my totem go when it despawns?

A: It goes into a sort of pocket dimension. Do not worry, this does not hurt them or you. Just know that respawning them via the Totem spell is slightly less productive then repeating Uproot. Re-casting Totem may make your Totem uncomfortable, while Uproot just makes them feel refreshed, like they just had a 5 hour energy drink.

Q: Is a Totem or a Sky Symbol better overall?

A: It depends on where you’re living. If you’re in a dangerous area or somewhere like the Sky Islands, the Sky Symbol is better, because it utilizes the airy, etherlike weather of the Sky Islands. On top of this, the Sky Symbol has shown abilities akin to the bow some have called Return to Monk- AHEM Ether, phasing out of reality when frightened into a pocket dimension. The good ol’ Totem is hardy and works well in most circumstances.

Q: How do I deal with ATMs, Anti-Totem Marauders?

A: A good, healthy Aura to the face generally solves their problems against Totems, and also solves their illnesses! It’s a win-win!*

*The Wynncraftian Newsletter is not legally responsible for any murder charges involving our advice.

Q: What should I do if my Totem starts acting weird around gold?

This is normal. Totems are highly allergic to gold and currencies. Please remove the currency or your Totem from the area if there is currency nearby, so your totem is left unharmed. They have a chance of spontaenously exploding, and you don't want to be charged with public endangerment!

Q: What is the Nameless Anomaly, and how does my Totem feel about it?

A: the 12345 anomaly

[​IMG]

Conclusion

Well, that wraps up our Newsletter!

To sum it up, Totems are amazing pets, requiring little care compared to your average Fleris, Dragonling, or a Wybel. They don’t set your house on fire, they don’t grow into huge world-eating lizards we hope, and they aren’t aliens plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD-

There are some dangers to Totems, like ATMs of both sorts, because Totems are highly allergic to gold or any sort of currency and do not like being beat up by a random anti-totem murderer.

Thank you for reading our newsletter, and remember to tune in for the next!

Goodbye!

Main Writer: @Enderae

Co-Writer: @Endistic

ok can i be let out of the jail now - endi

no write me another newsletter - enderae

no plz i want food and sunlight- endi

no food sunlight or water until you write the next newsletter - enderae

fine - endi

2. Endistic

Endistic Acolyte Enjoyer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hi 10charrrrrr

starx280 likes this.
  3. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    calling it here
    this is gonna flop harder than @Endistic getting his butt kicked in duels by a lvl 90 archer

starx280 likes this.
  4. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Question - Can I feel a Totem silver?

starx280 likes this.
  5. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    kinda?
    if you have a sky emblem, for the love of god DO NOT FEED THEM SILVER
    sky emblems need more care than regular totems, and their bodies can not handle silver

howveer, if u have a regular, sturdy totem, you can try feeding them silver
    a majority of totems are allergic to silver, but there's some odd ones where they're not
    so u could give it a try? but just know that ur totem might be uncomfy after bc allergic reactions

starx280 likes this.
  6. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay thanks. Another question - i accidentally fed my totem the life-force of a zombie that was wearing gold armor. Can I get a mage to heal it to cure it of the allergy?

7. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    your good
    armor does not impact the life-force of a zombie
    your totem should be completely fine, though if they state they're uncomfortable you should bring it to a mage just incase, and look into anti-allergy medications for your totem

starx280 likes this.
  8. Namakobushi

Namakobushi Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    That moment when you can't change your vote haha.

starx280 likes this.
  9. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that moment when someone hates me and wants me to leave wynn forever

starx280 and Namakobushi like this.
  10. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that moment when you didn’t read the post above you

Namakobushi likes this.
  11. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    My totem has been acting weird lately. Upon trying to feed it, some strange wood creature emerged and immediatly started started attacking nearby monsters befoure vanishing. Is it sick and should I be worried?

starx280 likes this.
  12. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that’s normal
    you probably got a summoner totem, which explains why it’s summoning things
    if u need more help taking care of the totem, pls refer to the Summoner parts of the guide

starx280 likes this.
  13. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please do not be alarmed, it is normal if you own a summoner totem
    if this occurs too often, however, please visit a trained totem vet

starx280 and Endistic like this.
  14. ocel0tgirl

ocel0tgirl It was ocel0t to meet you HERO

Minecraft:
    what a totem i dont understnatd

starx280 likes this.
  15. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Totem is a 2017 American supernatural horror film directed by Marcel Sarmiento and starring Kerris Dorsey, Ahna O’Reilly and James Tupper.[1] The film is written by Evan Dickson, from a story by Dickson and Sarmiento.[2] The film is a co-production between Blumhouse Productions, Divide/Conquer and Gunpowder & Sky.

The film was released on October 31, 2017 by Cinemax.[3]

Contents
    Premise[edit]
    When widowed father James asks his new-age girlfriend to move in, his daughters Kellie and Abby have trouble adjusting. As things become increasingly tense, a series of unexplained occurrences leads Kellie to look for a way to use a totem to control the supernatural presence in the house.Promoted to leading lady of the house following her mother Lexy’s untimely death, 17-year-old Kellie has done a respectable job keeping together the tight trio that includes her father James and little sister Abby. For his part, James thinks it’s time to add a new face to their fold, and invites his long-term girlfriend Robin to finally move in so their family can move on.

Kellie isn’t overjoyed at the interloper in their midst. Neither is the supernatural spirit suddenly haunting their home. Robin’s arrival strangely coincides with an unseen entity paying regular visits to Abby. The little girl claims it is her mother’s protective ghost. Kellie fears the spirit isn’t as benevolent as Abby innocently presumes.

After recovering a necklace that belonged to Lexy, Kellie finds it is capable of causing objects in the house to move on their own. Maybe it’s her mother interacting from beyond the grave(while she was trying to escape from totem to her family). Maybe it’s something more malevolent. As the entity seemingly strengthens, it threatens to tear everyone apart through the paranormal power of the mysterious totem now in Kellie’s possession.

Cast[edit]
    Production[edit]
    Principal photography on the film began in November 2015.[4]

Additional photography took place in December 2016.

Release[edit]
    The film was shot in the 2:35:1 aspect ratio but was cropped to 1:78:1 to fit HBO/Cinemax broadcast standards. The film was released on October 31, 2017.[5][6]

References[edit]
    1. ^ Sprague, Mike (October 12, 2017). "Exclusive: First Look at Director Marcel Sarmiento's Totem". Dread Central. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
    2. ^ Miska, Brad (October 3, 2017). "'Totem' Brings Luck to Bloody Disgusting Alumni, Halloween Release on Cinemax!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
    3. ^ Knight, Jacob (October 16, 2017). "BMD Exclusive Clip: TOTEM Definitely Doesn't Save The Cat". Birth.Movies.Death. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
    4. ^ "The pecking order defined #setlife". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-25.
    5. ^ Collis, Clarke (October 16, 2017). "Watch a hair-raising clip from horror film Totem". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
    6. ^ Miska, Brad (October 13, 2017). "New 'Totem' Images Creep Their Way Online". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
    External links[edit]

[​IMG]
    This article related to an American television horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

Categories:
    Navigation menu
    Search
    Contribute
    Tools
    Print/export
    Languages
    Edit links
    • This page was last edited on 6 July 2022, at 00:28 (UTC).

starx280, Namakobushi and Aftershokke like this.
  16. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bestie i don't think that's the right totem

starx280 likes this.
  17. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How can I spend at least 1 hour a day with my totem of it despawns after 5 minutes?

starx280 likes this.
  18. Endistic

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just RLR again

starx280 likes this.
  19. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But that would cast bash, not spawn a totem