Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 2, 2020.

1. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't tell if this is satire or not. If - and God forbid - it isn't, respectfully, cope

EDIT: in case some hadn't previously gathered, Nirvana is strong regardless of the major ID.

FelixTape, Iboju, Enderclaw and 2 others like this.
  2. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no its not

3. IceHorror

IceHorror Wynncraft Architect CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as if you know noob

Iboju, SkiesUnknown, Castti and 2 others like this.
  4. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nah trust me bro (i do not own a nirvana)

5. closier

closier not cmosier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you hot asf

Leafish and Asthae like this.
  6. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ty bb

7. Sandwhich

Sandwhich Well-Known Adventurer

petition for guardian to be 30% damage reduction ;-;

Ingo likes this.
  8. Sandwhich

Sandwhich Well-Known Adventurer

are these changes for sure or still going through the "hmmm" phase

9. HerobrineLiu

HerobrineLiu Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I’m thinkin 35%

That_Chudley likes this.
  10. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi maybe tell me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If anyone has a Spring on Hero Beta, can you tell me if it will become what Olily is now?

11. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    So from what I understand, Salted's logic was that Guardian should be nerfed so people would be creative and come up with more tank builds. Since for wars and in-game, "it became easier to slap on Guardian". You've got to be kidding with that logic. I ask you all to mention other tank builds. Then try to mention ones that are comparable to Guardian. If you actually knew about tank builds, the best alternative would be crafted builds because there isn't a wide array of tank builds. That's why Crafted Guardian builds exist.

My question is, though: how are you expecting for people to make new tank builds? Has the team made a selection of 1, 2, 3 or more weapons outside of Guardian and considered them as the paths players could take now? Because nerfing Guardian alone won't be enough if there aren't actual comparable build options. If the point of nerfing Guardian is to diversify the option of tank weapons for Warrior, then what are the efforts made towards buffing other fire weapons such as Ignition, Praesidium and Undying? For none mythic options, at least. And for mythic options, why not buff Hero or Convergence for "more creative" tank builds?

I just think its so easy to say "if we nerf Guardian then players will diversity their builds" when there actually aren't other weapon alternatives anywhere close. What other tank builds are there that aren't guardian if they don't exist? I know this was Salted's decision, but instead of being a joykill and nerfing a weapon for a select few players who took the time to make enough money to buy a Guardian, think of ways you can spread their joy and utility while using other weapons. Someone said nerfing Guardian "sets the groundwork" for future tank builds, but Guardian itself was the model to follow, it just needed to be scaled down towards other weapons.

Tl;dr: Players have tried making other tank builds, there just aren't other comparable options. And wynn instead of giving us more options, they take away our only one.

Oh and I'm just gonna say this too that the Prowess nerf is quite literally like a parent giving their kid a toy and when said parent changes their mind about that toy being good for them, they take it away. They first added cosmic tomes so we could use builds with negative SP, and now with the prowess nerf is like they're taking the benefits of the cosmic tomes away.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  12. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Patch 6 Item Changes!

Charging Flame
    spellCostRaw2: 0 -> -12

Aphotic
    spellCostRaw3: 0 -> -7

Silent Ballet
    spellCostRaw1: -200 -> -400
    spellCostRaw2: -200 -> -400
    spellCostRaw3: -200 -> -400
    spellCostRaw4: -200 -> -400

Charm of the Void
    damageFromMobs: 40 -> 12

Rhythm of the Seasons
    spellCostRaw3: 1 (5) -> 0

Sorrow
    spellCostRaw1: 0 -> -8

Condensation
    spellCostRaw3: 0 -> -6

Augoeides
    spellCostRaw3: 0 -> -5

Matryoshka Shell
    spellCostRaw1: 0 -> -5

Atomizer
    health: 3450 -> 4350

13. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    matryoshka shell my beloved. saving me from midgame hunted players one armor powder at a time

14. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AUGOEIDES GAMING (augoeides gaming (real))

one_ood and Castti like this.
  15. SkiesUnknown

SkiesUnknown skie HERO

Minecraft:

Aphotic buff

Aphotic buff

touhoku likes this.
  16. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Charging flame finally got its long awaited charge spell reduction :D

Aphotic buff is very interesting, -80 dex still is extremely harsh but now EWF might be more viable. I like it.

Silent Ballet: Did anything change?

Charm of the Void: Why should we use this even if it gives 1% extra dmg taken? Just remove it so we can have free extra sprint or we'll likely never use this. Sprint IDs are about as useful as thorns and reflection (spell builds have movement spells, melee builds have horses. In combat you wont sprint enough to clear the sprint bar)

RotS: Great, thanks. Maybe it will at some point become a viable mainhand weapon? We'll see.

A few water items getting spell costs is very fair but we likely still have to use demon tide for spell builds.

Matryoshka shell buff whoa that's great :)
    One of my fav xp items

Castti likes this.
  17. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not obli buff

18. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "but Guardian itself was the model to follow, it just needed to be scaled down towards other weapons." bro just evaporated his entire argument with this one sentence. This is them scaling it down LMAO. I agree that other spears should be scaled up to have stronger tanking viability. Also for the prowess change, bro just cope. Prowess is the new Atlas, slapping it on any and every build that doesn't want to use Dragon's Eye. Losing five skill points is not the end of the world. If you don't want wynn to be the "parent taking away the new toy from their kid" then try not to act like one :)

hppeng likes this.
  19. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    There's a difference between your arguments and mine. I didn't attack or called out anyone personally to express my own opinion, while you had to insult me, using an analogy I used to call me a child, for disagreeing in two of the arguments I made. I made four arguments and i'll summarize them for you:

1. First I wanted to point out their incoherencies. Nerfing a single weapon by itself won't fix the actual issue: the lack of tank builds.
    2. If their actual objective is for there to be more varied tank builds, then where are those builds? They aren't gonna make themselves.
    3. They didn't need to nerf Guardian to add more tank builds in the game. They need to consider buffing other spears and buffing the fire mythics from the other classes to be better or as good as Guardian. Nerfing Guardian, on the contrary, is affecting the only viable option if they don't scale up other weapons to be comparable ones. We want more weapons like Guardian, not weapons that are barely close even after its nerf.
    4. I just think nerfing prowess does have a huge impact on what was supposed to be a huge 1.20 features, tomes. Most people don't even have the second cosmic tome unlocked since it requires 300 levels. Nerfing prowess is going to indirectly force people to level the professions they simply don't want to just to make their builds compatible in 2.0. And for builds that already make use of both cosmic slots, all those builds won't be functional anymore. People already don't want to get into builds, and it's very time consuming to level proffs just because wynn nerfed prowess.

Number 3 and 4 are the ones you disagree with, and that's fine. I just don't think they needed to nerf Guardian to actually scale tank builds down. If there's nothing comparable, what they needed to do was scale up other weapons, and Guardian could be left unscathed as long as there's other weapons equal or comparable to it. Instead of constantly nerfing Ignis, why not buff it so it becomes an alternative to Guardian thats quite different at the same time? heart of the pack is such an overlooked major id. A hot take I have is they could add new major ids to the fire mythics similar to Guardian major id, and they could all redirect dmg in different percentages or with a twist. They could update heart of the pack so it redirects 20% dmg and the twist being you can heal 20% back of your hpr. Or, inferno and monster could have a new major id that redirects 10 or 15% of the dmg while giving 20% defense similar to the hero major id. With buffing the fire mythics and giving them comparable major ids, then we'd have great alternatives that needn't require touching Guardian at all.

starx280 and Qzphs like this.
  20. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your opinions are almost ridiculous enough to be satire. I enjoy reading your forum replies immensely. How would making every fire mythic a copy of Guardian be fun. Not every mythic needs a major ID.