Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Analyzing the 2.0 Trailer!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by WithTheFish, May 7, 2022.

?

How excited are you for the update, now that the trailer dropped?

1. Very excited!

115 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. Excited!

28 vote(s)
    18.3%
  3. Neutral

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. Worried

4 vote(s)
    2.6%
  5. Dreading the update

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    One thing I'm hoping for is the ability to make your armor invisible (except for like gear-skin hats) cause in the trailer they show the class-characters with their hats but without armor but I think that that's probably just for the trailer as on the website you can see players wearing diamond armor at the raid. Still would be cool though!

2. Leafish

Leafish slowly going insane from loot running HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    theres a mod called hidden armor which lets you toggle armor visibility. You can just turn everything off except helmets if you wanna get something similar

luckeyLuuk and Greedus like this.
  3. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Based on the fact that the symbols look to be tied to their color and size, I really doubt they translate into anything. The bigger question is what do each symbol mean, purple is probably the starting point, white is probably just a damage upgrade, red is probably a functionality change or a major modification since they're all at the end but that leaves yellow which are both on and off the path. Maybe it's adding a buff or debuff. but who knows.

I mean, obviously somebody knows but not us :/
    The easiest way to do this would be to make a UI for armor to go into which I think would be a great solution since it would make armor entirely cosmetic, plus each armor could have a unique icon since it wouldn't need to actually be armor. It would also save 3+ inventory slots by moving accessories out of the inventory. They're probably not going to do it but it would still be super cool, I can't believe they're using a game with one of the best character customizes ever made and they're not using that feature outside of NPCs :(

luckeyLuuk and Greedus like this.
  4. heart6008

heart6008 :O CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in the new combat system section of the Wynn 2.0 website, it seems like they're also introducing a burning status effect :o
    [​IMG]

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  5. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i'm pretty sure i saw a CT member on discord say it has something to do with intel but don't quote me on that

i have noticed that the 2nd time i suggested it, people were a little more for it though

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  6. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Lmao, that's actually wild, people are kinda dicks sometimes :(

7. AltonicKeys

AltonicKeys is that my name

Minecraft:
    My guess is some sort of blood magic kind of thing?
    The player would have a choice to use spells at a very low mana cost, but instead use health as a trade off??
    Probably something to do with archetypes

8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    they're not actually that harsh but the first time i suggested it people seemed to really dislike it

the 2nd time was after events started happening and at that point people were more in support of the idea

also the first time was one of my first suggestions and was poorly worded, plus the 2nd time had a better idea

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  9. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    You missed the more important detail here:
    The CT tested their damage system by attacking random citizens. Truly, they embody the Wynn playerbase

10. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    It's from the website, not the trailer but it looks like this may be getting added to some places at least

luckeyLuuk and AltonicKeys like this.
  11. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh yea, also not related to the trailer a lot, but I'm 99% sure we're getting Clock Mystery this update.

Also regarding the webpage for 2.0, the first archetype seen is probably the Sharpshooter, given how the gif puts a bit of emphasis on sniping targets, and it possibly shows a revamped Bomb Arrow or maybe a new spell altogether.
    The second archetype seen in the gif is probably the Fallen Warrior, given how the terrain seems to be cracked and broken. The spell here seems to resemble Bash.
    The third archetype is probably the Light Bender Mage, as there are light particles seen when teleporting. The spell also seen, while it is most likely Teleport, I also kinda feel like it could actually be a revamped Meteor spell too.

Also, this might be me looking too much into irrelevant details, but the ability tree might resemble the elements in a way given some colors seen (red, white, and yellow particularly), although there's also purple there too. The upgrades seen might also have rarities attached to them, with higher rarities depicting how hard it is to unlock them.
    From what that looks like, they seem to be revamped Harpies.

12. Lex!

Lex! :] CT Manager QA GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    omg no way

13. bonlol

bonlol Well-Known Adventurer

I'm putting immense faith in the scene with the corruption meter and spells costing health to all belong as mechanics for the "Fallen Warrior" archetype mentioned on the website. It just sounds like it was made for it, and warrior spells are being casted during the clip. Another estimate that I have is that instead of low mana costs as seen in the trailer, it will be later adjusted to zero mana costs. The amount of mana the player has is bugged in the clip, and it actually shows they have negative mana during it. All of the spells already cost 1 mana, there was no spell that costed more than one. We shall see once we can get our hands on the beta this summer.

heart6008, luckeyLuuk and AltonicKeys like this.
  14. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So I decided to run that "Serwin" guy's name under an image brightener, and I got this:
    [​IMG]
    It turns out his name is actually probably Garvan. More importantly though, seeing the boss's current HP and its minions (called Spiritual Discharges), this is probably the new boss for Hollow Serenity (the new Hollow Sirene).

luckeyLuuk and That_Chudley like this.
  15. FederalCrime

FederalCrime Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Somebody had a little bit too much time on their hands, sick analysis tho hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.