Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event [Results!] The Future of Mythics and the Economy in Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Skidooskei, Apr 11, 2022.

?

No Mythics?

1. Yes

18.3%
  2. No

32.2%
  3. What

26.1%
  4. Help me

23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  2. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    skill issue + clowning + smile

Enderclaw and Enderae like this.
  3. 514425

514425 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    I think one way to alleviate the wall between mythics and everything else is to expand on the Fabled tier, and more firmly establish them as “between legendaries and mythics in power”

There are about 10 endgame legendaries per class. There are 6 endgame mythics per class. There’s 4 endgame fableds. Total. One isn’t even supposed to be a primary.

The problem I see with fableds is that nearly every one has a major id which means they are the de facto gimmick tier. This serves as a problem because the whole tier is more focused on gimmick than power. And there are a limited number of those/they are limited by design (element-locked, usually). What if I wanted to do endustack geocentricism? Too bad, earth spell.

In the end I want more fableds. 3 or more lvl 89+ fabled weapons per class best-case scenario.
    They can be gimmick for all I care (stellar core) but I think more fableds and more gap bridging will be better than messing with mythics directly.

4. Leafish

Leafish slowly going insane from loot running HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_-1...0v01u1k-x00001g1000361000361000361000361001Z6
    WynnBuilder build:
    > CR-1AY8v6W6W94949g91
    > CR-1AY8v6W6W94949d91
    > CR-18vAM6W9t6W9f9i91
    > Warchief
    > CR-19U9k9U9k9H7J9m91
    > CR-19U9k9U9k9H7J9m91
    > Knucklebones
    > CR-19U9k9U9k9H7J9n91
    > Narcissist [e6e6e6]
    you actually can get over 60k dps if you use way too many crafteds. you can even get 100k dps if you use courage and have a totem placed

Mardeknius likes this.
  5. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    slaps on aftershock for 90k dps w/o totem

6. SomeRandy

SomeRandy Well-Known Adventurer

Who the hell said this? Kindly piss off.

Bart (MC), cmosier and Mardeknius like this.
  7. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    After spending about half an hour attempting something that was entirely a joke, I have concluded that it's totally impossible to get 60k dps using Fableds with melee (spell is harder to calculate)

edit: well I stand corrected

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  8. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    with ashock and sw 1 2 3 you can get 280k dps in totem
    *cracks knuckles*
    TCC, you're going down

9. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    don't forget stat potion spam!

10. SirKiddo

SirKiddo Oh hey, your reading this? Neat. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there are other solutions than mass nerfing mythics, such as simply raising the power of other items. Like, this would require an absurd amount of rebalancing, but honestly what solution wouldn't at this point. Its no longer a matter of how much work it would take because we are far far past that point. Given classes like mage and warrior viable, not melee options (I will ignore anyone who mentions the nothing). I get there are absolutely viable builds that include things that aren't mythic, but the mythic power gap is still immense. there is no perfect solution to the current problem, but legendary/fabled weapons getting a buff could at the very least attempt to close the gap. the problem with nerfing anything is that people will always be upset, no matter what. Buffing is a neutral party solution. this would allow you to balance things around mythics without making it possible to leave other nonmythic users in the dust. still rewarding finding a mythic, but would not cause the rich player base and the non rich player base power gap we have now.

luckeyLuuk and Skidooskei like this.
  11. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't disagree that the gap needs to be narrowed, but mythics are the right power level for now (maybe buff a couple of them) - the rarity is the issue.

12. 514425

Guild:
    Idea: Every 52 guild objectives (cumulative) one completes they will get a guaranteed mythic.
    Or does it force players to join a guild for at least a year to get mythics (bad)?

One of the ways that I think the mythic selection issue would be alleviated (because people hate boots or are conditioned to hate them) is that for at least one of the UIs that drop mythics (like forgery, maybe) the game offers a selection of 3 random mythics. Then you pick one.

13. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One word: alts.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  14. 514425

Guild:
    I can't afford $350 worth of accounts
    And why would it matter? It would be 52 weeklies per account, not 52 weeklies per ip address. And don't/wouldn't people already do this with weeklies already?
    All this adds up to 1 mythic a year at its fastest, or longer if one isn't as vigilant.
    If you have alts then wouldn't you be getting mythics at a much more rapid pace regardless?

15. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I like the first idea but letting you pick Mythics will drop the value of expensive Mythics due to more supply and less supply causes cheap Mythics to become more expensive. Communism :poggers:

Would be good for Ironman classes tho lol

16. Leafish

Leafish slowly going insane from loot running HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is that a bad thing though? I feel like mythics should be at a similar price since theyre all the same rarity. Its weird that some mythics like warp are worth 10+stx while other mythics like dawnbreak are worth less than a chestnut horse despite both being mythics

17. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Probably? And they don't get guaranteed mythics from it.

People buy 2nd hand accounts super cheap.

How so? You are one human being. You can't automate loot running or raids or profs for financial gain. If you have a friend use your alt account for you (do people even do that? I doubt it. Maybe Marcus?) then that player doesn't gain anything on their main account so all's the same.

I don't think it's weird. Firstly you're comparing boots to a weapon. Builds are mostly built starting with a weapon. Warp, Idol, Toxoplasmosis, Strati, etc. are examples of the most expensive mythics because they are the money making mythics. To key to finding mythics to sell for money is to loot as many chests in the shortest amount of time and these weapons are optimal for doing so. They make you more money hence why they cost so much; it's an investment. Additionally, boots have a higher chance of being found so supply and demand antics.

Enderclaw likes this.
  18. 514425

Guild:
    Execution issue. What I meant was that the pick mythic ui featured 3 unidentified boxes. Say, for example, you finish a forge run and are presented with a choice between one 96-100 wand box, one 88-92 spear box, and one 92-96 boot box. You know your choices are something, hero, and something. You don’t know if that first box is a singu or a gaia, or if that third box was a db or a mt. That is, until you select one box, and go check the identifier. If you just wanted any endgame wand, you’d pick the wand box.

It complements the 1 mythic/year suggestion such that you don’t wait a whole year only to get randomly assigned a permanently-40%-or-less-overall stardew.

BlueTheSniper and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  19. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I mean yeah getting a box is different from choosing the Mythic, would prob be a bit better.

I mean it can be nice to have Mythics be more expensive than others, that why people are addicted to lootrunning. If everything was the same price there'd be no excitement when finding one.

20. vikidi98

vikidi98 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    incredible very nice ! but spring need a buff for sure or nerf crafted (just buff spring and i receive 100 stx value)

Skidooskei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.