Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event [Results!] The Future of Mythics and the Economy in Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Skidooskei, Apr 11, 2022.

?

No Mythics?

1. Yes

18.3%
  2. No

32.2%
  3. What

26.1%
  4. Help me

23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :face_palm:

Virgin heal spammers vs chad life stealers

man.

OH MY GOD HAVE YOU EVEN USED SUNSTAR im ripping my eyes out because you're shidding and incorrectly explaining my literal favourites.

actually... no.. no you can't obtain it from lots of other boots.

</3 one of the strongest too

oh my god oh my god oh my god wdym it isnt useful im gonna-

you are unfathomably dumb. YOU PICKED THE STRONGEST POINTS ON GRIMTRAP - WHICH IT ACCELS AT - AND SAID THEY WERE UNOPTIMISED WHAT DO YOU MEAN

sir sir sir sir sir sir sir sir sir it is SLOW with ONE THOUSAND raw melee. Sunstar suffers from shaman's faulty foundations in this meta which are CCI and the fact that EHP is rewarded more than damage. My opinion of a sunstar buff would be some negative aura cost or +agility or something. It's damage is more than fine especially if you include kill streak and courage.

Stop calling Grimtrap a tierstack weapon I'm melting

This one isn't an attack on Skid this time.
    Guys guys guys let's nerf Toxo which is more mediocre than you think in regular PvE but let's NOT touch PvP because it is very balanced :like:

How is Immolation only #14? Wtf

I wonder what % of the results came from loot runners who don't actually play the game.

EXACTLY

TLDR: Damn I went off on Skidooski - of course I have some issues because I'm a nerd who appreciates items for a difference reason (which is okay). Unfortunately the majority of the playerbase see Grimtrap and Sunstar the same way you do.

Skid, you a fool for shidding on Inferno like that - even before its popularity burst when it got buffed it was really good in spell (check my discord lol).

My huge respect to you for documenting important and relevant data - this must've taken A LOT of work. I can't even muster the effort sometimes to respond to a simple build request on the forums. Love

ThedumbOX, Sugo, Enderclaw and 6 others like this.
  2. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I couldn't really be too acurate with those Mythics just cause I don't actually use them, so I had to ask other people. Please feel free to DM me some better descriptions though as I'd like to improve them :)
    A really big problem I saw with those answers were that a lot of people wanted Mythics to be less expensive while a lot of people also want them to be expensive again. It's frustrating because on one hand we don't want the economy to die and it would be nice for Mythics to regain their own value. On the other side though it would be great if more people would be able to use them. I don't know if there is a solution to this but most people's opinion really just depends on how much money you have.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Enderclaw and BlueTheSniper like this.
  3. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Uh... No.
    With average or a bit above average cps (depends on the build, above avg if you want to beat ETA with ETW, avg if you want to beat ETFA or EFA with similar ehp ETWF/ETWA/ETFA/EWF/TWF) you get higher dps on Idol (+Trift), Thrundacrack and Hero. When comparing tanky alka to tanky apoc, apoc gets higher boosted dps (233k ehp 52k dps apoc moment).

I'm not even starting about other classes ("one of the highest dps weapons in the game" heh, no). Aftershock has the same unboosted dmg (with similar ehp) but gets access to courage and totem (35% while war scream only gives 10%). And when comparing to assassin spell... That's what highest dps looks like. Semi-tanky (35k-50k ehp with 2-3k ehp sustain) ETWF trift nirv easily gets 100k dps.
    Thanks to good unboosted dmg, very good boosted dmg (dodge being free 150% air dmg helps a lot, on top of that it has access to curse/courage) and a great major ID (30% is a lot in groups, and when playing alone you can use it to cancel war scream if you accidently cast it, allowing you to use bash buff very efficiently) it is a strong contender for #1 solo spear (if you aren't good enough to never cast war scream - even I (I played warrior a lot) still cast it after some minutes of spamming spells) and #1 raiding spear (depends on the group, assassins who get 80% dmg from vanish arent affected by ssac's 30% dmg, but for archers for example it's a huge buff).
    On top of its great dps it's also really tanky.
    The times have changed, Nirvana actually gets higher dmg than Cataclysm atm. Some reasons for this are: Easy Trift access (42% (since recasted spells also can be recast) more spells... Also faster curse/courage charging thanks to melee recasts), big boost from conc, can use more damage focused items (since you don't need spell cost items), being tankier (it already gets higher dmg at same ehp but higher ehp allows you to have a more continous dmg output resulting in higher dps - the former 1.20.4 LI speedrun worldrecord was done with courage-powdered ETWF trift nirvana (I think currently it's being held by divzer).
    Hadal is the highest spell dps relik but suffers from shaman spell just being rather bad. I think the best way would be to replace its huge spell dmg boost with a bit higher base, making it not only easier to roll (a big reason for a mythic being not popular is when it's hard to find a good one) but also more rewarding in glass cannon builds. A req nerf wouldnt change much (except if they also add +int) since you need 129 int anyway (so you'd gain 1 sp). Maybe some +str or +dex would help it as well. (mythics can have sp that arent their element - Hero has +str as an air weapon)
    Actually Galleon has a pretty good concept. It has high elemental damage boosts (and high hp, leading to great heals together with its water dmg), really high poison (spell/poison hybrid Galleon Gaia is unironically good), high stealing (-> easy greed access) and the highest amount of mana of all boots (5/3s is 8.33 per 5s so it actually has more mana sustain than mana-battery resurgence). It's big downside is that we're living in a skill-point heavy meta and great items without sp still are quite niche - compare to Efteling or Atlas).

Enderclaw and Skidooskei like this.
  4. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly more of a war problem. Also this basically is guardian doing exactly the thing guardian should do. Hpr nerfs will change nothing in wars since you have healers. A health nerf also wouldn't change much since it's (in harder wars, with consumables or in budget ehp builds without consumables) 150 def 150 agi warrior - you can afford tanking 50% of your teammates' dmg.
    This kinda is like complaining about consumables or healers being needed in wars - a tank just is useful.
    The closest thing to a solution for this would be to make the major ID less effective in wars (maybe making some attacks ignore it?)
    Outside of wars aftershock currently is widely agreed on to be the strongest melee weapon (and that's when ignoring the bug with explosive impact - it just has really high base dmg + high hp + many skillpoints + low requirement + QoL spellcost). And it's a lvl 77 weapon.

Enderclaw and Skidooskei like this.
  5. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Points in order here.

1. I never denied some mythics are weak. I just said this issue isn't unique to mythics. Every tier has items that aren't as good as others.

2. I should have been more clear here, my point mostly was "Good Mythics" and "Mythics" are two different things. If you want a mythic you can do like four quests and then buy a Stardew. No, I don't think anyone wants it, but my point is mythics aren't hard to get, just the high end ones.

3. I'm not denying that lootrunning is dominant, I'm just saying other parts of content do exist. Raids are an exception, as they can't give mythics items (excluding tomes) from the chest because normal items aren't in the loot for it. Dungeons can give loot and actually have the highest chance in the game at a crazy 1% ( sad ). Also there is no real difficult content in Wynncraft really, especially due to how progression works. If we made harder content, it would give better rewards which then in turn makes that content not challenging.

4. Major IDs are not the solution to everything. At all. When I said Monster as an example, I said "to be more unique" not "to be better". Monster has lore about becoming a beast and sharp claws and breathing fire, and the way this was put as stats was just main attack damage. I was saying stuff like that could be fixed with a major ID. Flashfreeze is one of the worst examples in the game as it doesn't change your gameplay at all for that matter, it just makes an attack that doesn't do damage anyway go faster. Regardless of Major IDs, personally I believe Fatal is just bad because it is on mage and mage doesn't do damage.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  6. Gort

Gort His Royal Pimpness CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HOLY MOLY economic hardships coming soon to wynncraft... we truly are learning what it means to live through history

Skidooskei likes this.
  7. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. I should specify that not everything I say was directed at you, most of it I was just trying to bring up like the weak mythics thing because this is a thread about the mythics system and I just brought that up as a general point because it doesn't have to be this big of an issue, if a mythic is underperforming to the point where the price drops because it's bad (and there's a difference between a price drop because something is very widespread and a low price because something just absolutely blows) then it should be buffed like stardew, grimtrap and galleon which I'll probably be mentioning a bit.

2. Yes, you can get a stardew by doing some quests, but honestly it's nowhere near mythic level, I'm talking about something maybe like a Nulli, something that's not the most busted or expensive thing ever, but it still feels like a mythic, things like stardew, grimtrap, galleon etc. again are basically legendaries

3. I never said you were denying that lootrunning is dominant, I'm saying that it's a problem that it is, and yeah if you get better stuff then things that are supposed to be more difficult are easier, but if it's done correctly while a nulli will be easier against like a Hard version of NOL that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be easy, just easier than if you're using a Black or something and with raids, at the end of the day wynncraft builds can only take you so far before skill needs to factor in at least in this scenario and if things are hard enough it'll just make getting money/mythics easier. I know you can't get mythics, but giving you a higher le reward would reduce grind time significantly and you can do something productive instead of opening chests

4. I know you didn't say that some things need a major id to be better, but that's what I think should happen, I think major ids should be a way of freshening up gameplay as well as making shitty mythics better and my point with flashfreeze was basically the fact that you CAN change how spells work with major ids like how I mentioned monster, I don't think it's a good mythic, you might, but I don't and yeah you can base these changes on lore which I think is a really cool idea, but I think it makes a bit more sense to focus on what makes sense based on what the item does in this case, Monster is a tanky life steal based weapon and to be quite honest life steal as it is right now absolutely fucking sucks and this would be a cool way to bring up a bad mythic with a cool new feature which heals you in a way that doesn't require RNG and gives monster a little bit more damage to work with even if its lifesteal stat needs to be removed.

8. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    grimtrap isn't bad you fool

Enderclaw likes this.
  9. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mfw when even some uniques and rares are more expensive than stardew, galleon and grimtrap

Hei and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  10. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fr

11. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    L + wrong sequence + blind to grimtrap's power

BlueTheSniper likes this.
  12. Hei

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bro grimtrap sucks spell hybrid melee poison trickpockets it doesn't matter it gets way outclassed by other shit, I'll take a look at an op grimtrap build if you have one though

13. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    grim build with 26k cbombs
    https://wynnbuilder.github.io/#4_0u...91-19X9X9X9X9c9X9n910QZ1p1B+m00161g00001001Z6

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  14. Leafish

Leafish slowly going insane from loot running HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Enderae likes this.
  15. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ah im dumb

16. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    bad idea honestly. making them more rare is just a bandaid slap-on for an inherently flawed system. the best solution without completely tearing apart the system and starting from scratch in my opinion would be to just nerf mythics based on how easy they are to get instead of going off of the same overestimations of their rarity that have been used since 2015

Sar likes this.
  17. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    idea thats been said a million times
    wHaT iF rAiDs CoUld GiVe mYtHiCs
    AmAzInG aNd ToTaLly OrIgInAl iDeA

also i heard dungeons have a 1% chance to drop a mythic
    is this true

18. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i would sooner stomp out a baby before i ever let pepo add a mythic to the raid reward pool

starx280 likes this.
  19. Enderae

Guild:
    Minecraft:

starx280 likes this.
  20. 514425

514425 Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    60k dps fabled builds when?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.