Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Post 1.20.4 thoughts on Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by TravusThaSlime, Sep 27, 2021.

Tags:
?

Do you agree with this?

1. Nearly every single one, yes.

44.2%
  2. Some of it.

47.5%
  3. No, you are wrong mostly.

8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asjisjdaijjqio21

asjisjdaijjqio21 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also most of the balance changes in 1.20.4 and 1.20.3 are unfun and annoying, nobody likes their mythic getting nerfed every update and having to change builds everytime.

TravusThaSlime likes this.
  2. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    The REAL tldr

3. YoshisWorld

YoshisWorld Famous Adventurer Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would like the Quest Dialogue if you wouln't have to sneak.

Killing unleveled and killing Mob totems are just changes so we dont find the new mythics instantly. Hopefully be reverted in 1.21 :)

Everything else I agree with you

4. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    Are you suggesting killing mob totems or did mob totems get killed in 1.20.4? I don't see it anywhere in the changelog and I'm confused

5. asjisjdaijjqio21

asjisjdaijjqio21 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He means using mob totems at snails to grind mythics, they killed that method.

6. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    How did it get killed?

7. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What an immature response to someone telling you that walls of text are just bad. And any energy I had to reply to your argument has just gone because, i'm gonna be honest here, your immaturity is not worth the energy.
    Oh my god, it's almost as if your horrible wall of text was so hard to read I missed a point. Your conclusion of "he purposefully missed it out" is a weird conclusion. Wall of text's are hard to read and I will miss a point if someone does them because as I said, they're hard to read and are most of the time, not worth bothering with.
    I will say the only bug i've seen to cause me to /class is the invisible dialogue bug. If someone can clear up if that's wynntils specific or wynncraft i'd love to know since that's my only issue otherwise. Might be a good work around if they just give an actual book with all the dialogue from that particular part to work around the bug if they can't fix it. (Possibly a page per 1/out of how man there)
    Ah. My default response is that, sorry. Some people have tried the idea of using stat pages to insult me. Sorry for that though
    Right clicking from what I noticed requires an NPC
    As said above, but shifting on the other hand from the looks of it just checks to see if you are in dialogue and then skips to the next line. Right clicking needs something for you to actually right click. I.e an NPC in which some circumstances. Is probably impossible to actually do.

8. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I did the tutorial at the start of 1.20 and I'm fairly sure you still cut the tree with the axe, collect the chest with the string/ingot and craft your weapon before heading into the cave, they just streamlined the same process. The fact that guilds, one of the most important features in the game for the community, was rebuilt to be entirely centered around the resource system is a fairly good indicator that they're an important part of the game and gathering is intended to be a staple of gameplay, I mentioned the stuff they added professions into but they also wouldn't be bending over backwards to make it easier if they didn't want it to be more important.

As for my personal opinion, like I said before I don't really care about professions and them being integrated. I did it once, it was a fun community thing across a few months of DXP weekends but it's ultimately pointless. It's not because crafting is bad, it's because it reflects the worst issues with both the communities unwillingness to change and the extreme overcomplexity of the equipment system in the game. I don't want to repeat myself, but if you want my long thoughts you can read the last paragraph of my 1.20 review, I think the issues I outlined there are still extremely relevant and it's only going to become worse as time goes on.
    Inflation doesn't benefit the rich because they have money, it benefits those who aren't holding onto liquid assets (not holding emeralds or powders). If you have 16 LE and the emeralds in circulation double, you have the equivalent of 8LE (buying power was cut in half), if you have a Freedom worth 20 stacks and that happens, the value just jumps to 40 stacks and you haven't gained or lost since your buying power hasn't changed.

That's not the issue though, with more value per lootrun now it means more people will be lootrunning since its gone from the most efficient source of emeralds to the most efficient source of emeralds by far. The change in player behavior is far more concerning to me then the decrease in emerald value from inflation.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    TrapinchO likes this.
  9. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I think the fact that they said almost nothing about about the massive dupe glitch with the trade market last year is a fairly massive yikes in the communication department. The lack of a general roadmap of content is also an issue, I get they don't want to make promises that they have to commit to but the complete lack of commitment, especially recently, is genuinely shocking.

As for the going back and improving old stuff, I agree but they need to actually do a good job which is something they've been really bad with. Emerald trail has been reworked 3 times in 3 patches, it only got progressively worse after the original rework and now it's one of the most laughably bad areas in the game and does everything except the one thing it's supposed to do which is being an open place to give you an opportunity to explore. If their view of reworking the map is making it more like 1.20 emerald trail, I don't want anyone touching old areas ever again. Because of that, I think the priority should be focused on adding depth to flat features like Pets and housing and adding more world expansions, starting with the SE because that's basically just a straight line, a few actual forks would be a good place to start.

10. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    these sorts of comments always leave me really confused- do you expect admins to make a post every time a dupe happens? do you expect them to state anything other than "yep we're working on it"? even your example doesn't hold up as the trade market literally got remade the following patch to prevent those sorts of bugs from happening again. there's also zero reason to have a roadmap for wynn- it's not shooting to complete a certain amount of content before a release or whatever, a roadmap would both inevitably be too ambitious and create too much hype as well as lose a lot of surprise or intrigue from anything new that gets added in the future

i've really not been a fan of a lot of the reworks done in 1.20 and following patches but emerald trail is one of the few reworks that's honestly fine, the discovery miniboss is a little misleading and i feel like there are some mobs around there that are a little too powerful + the whole impossible time valley level transition but in general there have been more things to explore so i'm not really following this argument i'm afraid

yeah that's the spirit

anyway, i've been thinking about this a lot so i'd like to bring the subject up here as well: to what degree should existing content control any future versions or changes of it? i genuinely can't tell if i just actually dislike a lot of the new builds because i preferred the general atmosphere & tone of the old builds or if i just find it hard to consider something drastically different as still being the same place. the same goes for changed quests, areas, dialogue, more general design decisions, etc

11. TravusThaSlime

TravusThaSlime TravisNH Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This thread went to the moon and back... 20 times while I was asleep it seems. Keep up the good writing and suggestions and please don't be childish and rude it really doesn't help Wynns situation and makes people actually in charge of these changes not want to read your ideas.

12. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    The trade market, one of the most essential functions in the game, was down for months without a single comment providing any explanation as to why it was the case. Yes, I expect a news post in the "News and Patches" section. The amount of uncertainty around that event was astounding and all it would have taken was a 100 word paragraph outlining what went wrong and why the trade market was going down until further notice.

I don't know about the time valley stuff, but the emerald trail is the very first area and it's designed like an endgame exploration area. Including maze like features and a miniboss into what is essentially still the tutorial is shockingly bad design since it doesn't invite exploration, it just causes confusion. Before there were three paths, left, right and straight, now there's those three,, plus straight and right into a cave thing for ore (small detour is fine) plus straight and down into a nightmare of a maze (again, it's the starting area and has more complexity then most other areas) and if you go far enough, you have more prominent splits into time valley and Nemract. The other issue is that it's not nearly as open as it was before. The emerald trail used to just be a big green patch with a path going through it, now there's so much garbage lining the path that it never really feels like you've left the city until you're in the forest. I also think it looks ugly.

The point of that complaint about half assed reworks wasn't about just areas, it's about things like pets and guilds too. The devs have a long history of picking the wrong things to work on when there are areas of the game in desperate need of actual reworks, like LI and the handful of dungeons which are out right broken to name a couple things.

It's really distasteful to ignore the context of that comment, especially since the comment you took out of context was conditional on the reworks being made with the same mindset as an area which I already elaborated on the sentence before. Even if you like the new emerald trail, too much effort went to waste on an area which was perfectly fine after 1.18 yet for some reason it got updated in 1.19 and then fully remade again a year later. The point wasn't that I don't want things fixed, it's that I don't want perfectly good content to be changed and excluding that one line shows that you completely missed that point.

As for what degree existing content should dictate future changes, that's actually a good question that I don't know the answer to, though I think a lot of people are happy it's not up to me. I think there are two types of changes and they probably need to be treated differently, builds and features/functions. Too many changes have been made in places where they weren't needed, 1.20 suffered greatly from that in the build department. 1.18 was already almost an entire rebuild of Gavel, the changes from 1.18 were mostly minor or irrelevant. All that effort would be better spent making new areas and focusing on revitalizing existing content like revamping LI, ToA, the dungeons, etc and making new areas like Dern or Fruma, or something entirely new like Bloomi, which to be honest is probably the only thing that will get me interested in this game again at this point.

13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I really don’t think they can fix professions that can satisfy everyone. The Prof Tryhards and everyone else want completely different things and unless those differences are addressed you’re gonna keep having more unbalanced and half baked changes to professions.

blegar1 and Sg_Voltage like this.
  14. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I mostly agree, but I still think there are some fundamental QOL changes like the complete removal of scrap and durability from crafted items which shouldn't be controversial to anyone. All durability does is nerf already relatively worse/comparatively more difficult to get items, maybe crafted items would be more used more by average players if they weren't such a pain in the ass to use.

starx280 and Dr Zed like this.
  15. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah i'm gonna be honest, there's no possible way to satisfy both sides. It's 1 or the other at this point. And I'd say making it any harder is gonna cause more problems

starx280 and Dr Zed like this.
  16. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well this is just untrue.
    Go do the tutorial, it was changed in 1.20.

HalfCat_, Sg_Voltage and WithTheFish like this.
  17. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Huh, I'll take your word for it, kind of weird that they changed the tutorial for a third time in three patches though, it feels like that effort would have been better spent elsewhere.

18. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The tutorial is one of the most important parts of the game.
    In fact, there's a saying in game design
    "Make the tutorial last"
    And no, that doesn't mean its rushed,
    Its because team adds in new systems and they learn and develop their skills as they work on the game.

HalfCat_ likes this.
  19. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I guess but does the new tutorial actually do anything which wasn't covered by the 1.19 iteration? I'm not saying it was rushed, I just can't possibly imagine how a new tutorial could really be better then the last two or at the very least necessary. Nothing in 1.20 changed the basic fundamentals of the game to the point of needing integration into the tutorial.

20. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It was just some touch ups, and frankly its never to late for some tutorial touch ups, no matter how pedantic it seems.

HalfCat_ and Dr Zed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.