Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Resource Pack Wynncraft resourcepack optimized

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by SKZR, Aug 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKZR

SKZR Well-Known Adventurer

Hello everyone.

While browsing files on my old computer, I saw that I had the old wynncraft resourcepack (legacy_wynnpack, from 2016) and I noticed that its size was 3,06 MO. To see how many things have been added since I looked on my current computer and noticed that the current wynnpack weights 5.93 MO (6.16 for the 1.16 version).

Then I remembered that my old computer had a hard time running wynncraft (30-40 fps in the areas that caused the lowest fps drop), to the point that even 5 or 10 fps would have made a big difference to me.

As some of you probably already know, when it comes to resourcepacks, size matters, and that's why I decided to compress everything to make its size drop and there I am, writing this thread and uploading it.

The compressed version weights 3.78 MO which means that it is 36.25% smaller than the original one, with absolutely no quality loss (on average less than 1% on the biggest files which isn't even noticeable).

'k dude but what does it mean ?
    Its smaller size makes it easier to run and faster to load

Although it might not make a big difference on most computers, those who sometimes struggle running the resourcepack could gain a few fps, which isn't something you would ignore when having to play on a potato.

How do I install it then ?
    All you need to do is download it and play with it, of course you need to disable the one that is downloaded from the server in the settings (and in wynntils too if you are using it) and then enjoy the server.

Also I want to add that it is also part of a suggestion I'll make in the suggestions section, I'll edit this with the link as soon as it is written

Edit, here's the suggestion thread https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/optimization-and-additions-to-the-resourecpack.295210/

PS: I don't really know if I am allowed to reupload the pack so if there is some kind of copyright problem I'll delete the file if asked to.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Aftershokke, luckeyLuuk, fey and 3 others like this.
  2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So, why is it not like this by default?

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  3. SKZR

Mainly because the software I used is brand-new I guess. Also because compressing every single file of a resourcepack isn't a thing people think about often (Like really, nobody thinks about it lol)

And probably because most of the textures are low-res so it isn't very obvious

Btw I posted the suggestion so please take a look at it, the purpose of this pack is way more understandable with this

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/optimization-and-additions-to-the-resourecpack.295210/

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  4. JustTheRat

JustTheRat Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    You should probably make a "file optimization" thread, so people can do it themselves. Not saying anyone is a lazy ass, but can be helpful if someone is using lets say... 1.15(why idk dont ask), and since i dont think just changing the file mcmeta would work
    (it states wat version the pack is going to be used for and probably some other things)

5. SKZR

1.12 packs works with versions 1.9 and 1.11 too.
    Unfortunately, the structure and file names changed when 1.13 was released (and the mcmeta too but that's no big deal)

And the pack.mcmeta is only there to state which version of the game this pack is for and which text should be displayed in the resourcepacks menu.

More optimization threads might come later, we'll see but for now my main focus is the suggestion I made.

6. JustTheRat

JustTheRat Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    ok thx

SKZR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.