Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

If you could change one thing about Wynncraft, what would it be? - Ask Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by mali_comrade, Aug 16, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mali_comrade

mali_comrade mali comrade

The question is more targeted towards big gameplay aspects rather than balancing.

I'm very curious... what is the least liked Wynncraft feature and how would you change it? Why is it your least liked feature/gameplay aspect?

You can also tell me your favourite features/gameplay aspects, the parts of the game you had the most fun with!

2. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    remove wynn, reimplement wizard fortress

starx280, Thomka, Slime1480 and 18 others like this.
  3. Sploofie

Sploofie professional idiot VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Give me better mythic luck

Make Lari less stupid

Make Lari less stupid

Make Lari less stupid

Make Lari less stupid

SlyamPoetry, FAZu and TheWitch3r like this.
  4. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    Remove Lari and Ava

starx280, SlyamPoetry, FAZu and 8 others like this.
  5. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    no

6. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    How about removing just Lari

I_Liek_Turtlez likes this.
  7. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

MatForYoga888, hmtn, FAZu and 3 others like this.
  8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Removing Ava is preferable

FAZu, ThedumbOX, Arkade and 5 others like this.
  9. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mali_comrade: Makes a thread asking people what feature they would remove in an attempt to drive a somewhat serious discussion.
    The Community:
    [​IMG]

starx280, hmtn, Je Hooft and 10 others like this.
  10. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bring back the old dialogue system

11. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    +1 or make it togglable

Kahsol, hmtn, Je Hooft and 4 others like this.
  12. Bonk

Bonk Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    probably add some sort of pity system so everyone can eventually get a mythic after a few thousand chests.

13. mali_comrade

mali_comrade mali comrade

yeah that would be nice, like some sort of meter, I noticed a lot of MMOs have that

That_Chudley likes this.
  14. DoggoToggled

DoggoToggled Some random dog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    remove lari(replace her with me pls uwu ) and remove that goddamn new dialogue system I hate it

15. MatForYoga888

MatForYoga888 High Gavellian Transcriber

Minecraft:
    Remove lag

starx280, FAZu, Flame_Frost_ and 9 others like this.
  16. Flareix

Flareix Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    pity system would be cool. or getting mythics in different, more fun ways in general.

nkklk likes this.
  17. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Champion Rank. (Might have some bias as I'm unranked, but I'd say it could at least be common agreement that Champion Rank has its flaws.)

The Semi-P2W Stuff:
    • Instant Class Deletion - It takes ~5 minutes to delete a class to hero or below, but its not really that p2w and its instead of a more minor inconvienience.
    • Merchant Booths - Probably might not even have the stuff you're looking for, but you get free advertising for your stuff.
    • Bigger Housing Island - Not really that p2w if you're not that into Housing, but I can see how it can be demeaning for some people.
    • More TM slots - It allows you to buy and sell more items compared to a lower-ranked person.
    • More Class slots - Again, more of a minor inconvenience, but the 6th class slot for unranked people to me is just a 'temporary challenge slot' so that after you have fully played a class, you can start a new one of a similar class there.
    • Mob Totems - Kinda p2w, although it does benefit more players rather than one person, so they are fine I guess.
    • Build Stands - My opinion on them kinda depends on one thing - if swapping to a build on a build stand costs 2 SP, if it does, then I would say it would be p2w, if not, then idrc about it.
    • Pet Tasks - Depends purely on whether or not how close you are to a town, so if you're on the Coastal Trail, there's Ragni, Maltic, and Nemract as very close options that take ~5 minutes to get to, but if you're in the middle of the ocean then it could be a bit longer.
    What is borderline, if not full P2W:
    • /switch - If someone shouts, 'Witness party on WC-X' then chances are, it would take unrankeds to VIP+'s about 30 seconds compared to only ~5 seconds to type the command.
    • Class Backups - If you accidentaly deleted a class (although kinda unlikely) or delete a class that you now miss, well, if you're Hero or lower, prepare to be sad.
    • Bomb Bell - While there is a cooldown, it is still biased towards higher-ranked people when there could be a grinding party and you are one of the first to show up because of /switch and this.
    • Reserved Slots - Easy to get into servers with grinding parties, again biased towards the higher-ranked people.
    Problem with changing parts of the rank, however, is that it could lead to chargebacks against Wynncraft, and it could also come off as a little scummy, so instead some features could be changed to allow more people to use them, like a larger housing island.

But anyways, that's my 2 cents about Champion.

Ava Cart likes this.
  18. WoahItsAmethyst

WoahItsAmethyst Trying out all the class archetypes VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh boy rant incoming

Make it more interesting early game. I see tons of new players who I introduce lose interest quickly just because of how little the early game has to offer. Mid-game and late-game are great, but most of the early game quests are pretty bad and don't really teach you anything about the game aside from how fetch quests work. I understand focusing too much on story too early can confuse players and you want to make early game bosses really easy, but I'd say replace some of the fetch quests with like an expanded tutorial, so that you could cover some of the mechanics that King's Recruit didn't cover, like how to fight bosses, all spell casting patterns, what the weapon modifiers mean, maybe even a lootrun tutorial. Of course, there are some fetch quests you should keep in because players need to also learn how quests work, but Elemental Exercise is one of those examples on how not to make a tutorial. Hell, you could even hint some things later game, like give a quick vision of the Eye or something which makes players wonder "Wait what is that, when am I gonna fight that, or am I gonna fight that?"

TL;DR Make it more interesting around Level 5-10 rather than 25-30

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  19. fishcute

fishcute fish CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I would like boss battles to be a lot more interesting. For one thing things should be telegraphed better, using particle effects, sounds, and maybe things like glowing and movements. Bosses should also have more abilities, and honestly if each somewhat important boss (boss altar, dungeon, adn major quests) could have a special ability or attack, then I would be much happier. And finally the absolute mess of particles needs to be fixed. Charge needs to have less particles. Meteor should be more obvious so its possible to dodge (this might just be me though as a mage since I'm use to seeing meteors falling all the time). Melee hits should also be visibly shown.

20. WoahItsAmethyst

WoahItsAmethyst Trying out all the class archetypes VIP+

Minecraft:
    I was also gonna say this, not only are some of the bosses uninteresting, but there's also not that much action in the early game, the first major boss that I can think of that isn't a dungeon or a boss altar is the Colossal Rat, which is Level 28, but the only reason I'd consider that a major boss is because of how the music plays. Also please for the love of god don't have it so that they go in the wall every other minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.