Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's Your Wynncraft Unpopular Opinion?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by •WhiteWolf•, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahwoh

Tahwoh Tahwoh VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - point of no return sucks and is one of the worst quests in the game
    - secret discoveries should of been done differently, it basically just go to x to uncover a piece of the lore
    - archer feels very clunky to use and it's movement spell is terrible
    - the eye is the only enjoyable boss
    - not sure if this is that unpopular but the early game needs a massive rework
    - I want more capitalism in wynncraft

kioph likes this.
  2. Spectral_Ion

Spectral_Ion Thesead Gang

Minecraft:
    Don't go to fruma if u want capitalism, I heard theres no war inside the walls there and everything is controlled by the queen! Also if you want more capitalism join wynnexcavation they are capitalizing wynnic politics so amadel can eradicate all life

Ronnoc, Son_Omega_Dan and Tahwoh like this.
  3. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i approve

Tahwoh likes this.
  4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    how? Every time I try and mess with chat I stop getting any messages and I can’t find the whistle setting anywhere.

Tahwoh likes this.
  5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Two more unpopular opinions:

- I HATE the fruman walls joke. It is beyond unfunny. It is repetitively spammed. Why is it a thing
    - I hate how Recover the Past forces an Avatar The Last Airbender reference, despite that being my favorite show. If Wynn wants its lore to be taken seriously it needs to come up with original concepts, not dialogue ripped from pop culture.

6. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Cotl is a very cool place, and that warrior is decent

7. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I liked the orange highlights on old new cinfras

8. P0ke

P0ke Wynntils Dev CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    chat > preset > vanilla
    sound effects > horse whistle
    upload_2021-4-12_17-55-28.png

starx280, FoxxoChan and StormDragon4 like this.
  9. chyp5

chyp5 untrained unprofessional idiot VIP+

Minecraft:
    Uhhhhhhhhhhh

The push and pull spell are as close as you can get to an interesting boss/enemy. This has unironically become something like "Me when I heal 1000 times in a boss fight; Me when the boss heals once" kind of thing but with control, if you can control the enemy, why can't the enemy control you? A lot of times pull is the perfect adrenaline spell and both push and pull help to break up the usual spell combo monotony of a fight. I just think that the strength should be limited so that it doesn't despawn itself, which is more of a bug than a feature to be honest.

Quint and Son_Omega_Dan like this.
  10. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    genuinely didn't know this was an unpopular opinion i thought everyone hated it but i guess not

i'll go ahead and add my support to this it is literally the worst thing to come out of that update and any since then (barring removal of eots)

also
    -simping over characters isn't funny guys. it might have been like. very very very mildly amusing for the first maybe week but honestly day is a better guess. it's been months. please stop.
    -tutorial has steadily gotten worse due to not improving on any of the innate issues while losing nostalgia value

11. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well explained tbh, even if I'm grinding my teeth
    laughs in CCI

chyp5 likes this.
  12. Zyrbaiakor

Zyrbaiakor From the Shadows VIP+

Minecraft:
    My unpopular opinion is
    Ma
    ge is severely overrated. Its gameplay is using a single spell over and over (one that has a cooldown) and not even achieving high damage unless you have some powder effect. It has a heal (alright I won't say anything else because it's balanced or something) and a short freeze which most bosses are immune to. In terms of mobility, I find being unable to teleport up by more than 4 blocks suffocating, not to mention the spell's failure if you happen to be next to any block

I know: everyone but me likes to play the support class, being good at the game automatically makes mage good and I'm just bad, etc. But personally I don't feel the appeal. Definitely not the class I want to call a main...

It also doesn't help that I have been dealt over 20000 damage in a single melee attack by some ma ge. This was pre-Corkus (so it wasn't heavy melee) and I dueled using a rainbow tank Warrior with probably 68 def. I did not see them use any stat pots, and there were no particles denoting a meteor. It could've been a powder special, but the fact that a ma ge did probably 40000 raw damage with a lmb aggravates me.
    So when I play the class, the game @#$%s me over, but other people playing it have no problem? Typical.

starx280 likes this.
  13. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unpopular opinion: I think the server is going down a pay2win route given the recent introduction and implementation of champion, which is a damn shame.

Unpopular opinion 2: I think wynncraft is trying too hard to be a standalone MMO instead of embracing its roots within Minecraft like it did pre Gavel in 2015, especially when the lore is concerned. (Not that the current story direction is bad. It's really just cookie-cutter fantasy stuff that tries too hard to look "mature" in my opinion)

14. Fries

Fries yeah i game G-can't do NoL cuz RoL5 buged A- M- E-

Minecraft:
    -"No war in the fruman walls" and "Therck stairs" were funny at conception but have been driven into the ground so hard that i start hating anyone who starts saying it.
    -A Sandy Scandal just feels forced in order to unlock the Almuj Bank. It works with lore, but it just seems like a retconned pre-EULA change wynn feature that was kept in.
    -There isn't much in the game that tells you about LI. It's really good for its rewards, but my first time playing I didn't know it existed until level 98.
    -Champion needs a serious rework
    -I'm glad Pre-CotL Gavel was overhauled, it needed it badly, but why the minimal changes to CotL? There's ONE reworked quest and a new raid. That's it. The Canyon Guides and The Lost are two of my least favorite quests in the game and NOTHING was done to make them more bearable.
    -The Wynn Jungles need more in-depth lore, I feel like a lot of it was made up on the spot. That's nothing secret discoveries can't help, after all, it's the only major Wynn region that lacks SDs.

that's all i can think of right now

15. chryssie

chryssie ultimate cur hater CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good thing that more and more people are starting to drop it so actually hating fruman walls joke is more of a popular opinion now. absolute dogshit tier meme.

unpopular opinion: hic/hich (or just challenges in general) is fun because they test your skill on playing wynn. more people should play them.

16. kioph

kioph ahh yes heavy melee hmm yes

Agree, i'm surprised there wasn't an introduction quest or something, or something that could tell new players it exists

17. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    damn you must have gotten unlucky with seaskipper dialogue rolls. there's something that mentions it there, and iirc there might also be an npc on mainland corkus.

18. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    I agree.
    To be honest, I don't The Feathers Fly is that great. Yeah, it's of the better ones, but it just didn't click with me. Customization and some of the things are cool at first but once you do it the second time it is just a mindless walk to all the locations
    :sob: eots :sob: eye of the storm :sob:
    1. everything is too dark
    2. eye of the storm
    3. asdfghqwjuriqhwjdnakcwbrqwkjhbjhbcarkjcg :pensive:
    4. overall unremarkable
    5. i hate eots
    What do you mean "decent?" Warrior is EPIC GAMING. Better single target damage than shaman and mage, tanky, and uppercanceling is very satisfying
    I also dislike mage. The only redeemable quality is The Nothing, which allows me to disregard all damage focus and become the ultimate tank while still having somewhat acceptable damage.
    The 20k damage in one hit part... how

Opinions:
    Fantastic Voyage is basically EOTS (that is, bad) but you have to swim in water for like 100 blocks WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THAT PART WHY DOES IT EXIST
    Toxo is a very cool weapon
    Psychomancer was easy
    Morph is big poggers. (oh nooo i dont want to do a raid with a person in morph *solos orphion epicly*)

19. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should always powder with tier 6 regardless of level.

Son_Omega_Dan, RenZenthio and one_ood like this.
  20. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun bee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another one: Removing the shoutbox from the forums was really stupid (only the real ones know)

Dream likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.