Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Who Is Considered The Final Boss Of Wynncraft?(1.19)

Discussion in 'Questions' started by good_lion, Jan 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :goodboye:

TrapinchO likes this.
  2. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well technically you could say that The Eye = Dern Beast as they are parts of the same entity

3. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Bak'al - what? Bak'al is in the middle technically

4. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I mean, technically the eye is still Bak'al, even if it's not really part of him anymore, but regardless my point was that the eye is the closest thing we have to the Dern beast as of now.

5. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    wtf

6. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1.20 edition: It varies, there are several.
    Quests:
    Aledar or Tasim

Dungeons:
    The Eye

Boss Altars:
    Panic Zealot

Legendary Island:
    Dr. Legendary

Raids:
    The Colossus

Misc:
    Idk

7. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
  8. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
  9. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    • [5/7] ???: I must be present. In my gaze, no thing shall hide. Do you understand?
    • [6/7] Bak'al: I do not, Master. You cannot possibly intend to leave?
    • ??? rips out one of his eyeballs.
    Bruh, there's two people in the room, mr Dern beast and Bak'al. Bak'al walks into that meeting with two eyes and leaves with one. If it isn't Bak'al's eye then who's eye is it?

10. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    I know that, of course

This was just weird

11. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Which is why I clarified that I meant that it was his eye, not him. I still think it's fair to say the eye is technically Bak'al since it is literally made of him.

So is saying this since the eye is absolutely without question Bak'al's eye which is what I keep repeating and you keep arguing against for some reason.

Setting all that aside though, the eye is still lorewise the most final boss for the story so far since it's the closest thing we have to the final story boss we know of, the Dern Beast. NOL's boss is really just against a dark parasite which is probably lower on the dark hierarchy then the eye is.

12. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What?

I am actually doubting if I am thinking about the same eye as you are. Let's suppose that you were talking about the Eye, the boss on top of the Eldrtich Outlook, and you are stating that that is a part of Bak'al. That's just impossible.

In the SE ultimate discovery, the Dern Beast rips out its eye, while Bak'al is just standing there. We never see Bak'al do anything alike. However, we do see the Dern Beast do it, with dramatic effects and whatnot, and with clear indication that it wants to put it on a tall building so nothing can escape its gaze. If Bak'al's eye was somehow sitting on top of the Eldritch Outlook, then we wouldn't have seen a whole cutscene elaborating how the Dern Beast did it instead.

Here is even more proof:
    1.: The Eye is at least twice as big as the player. Bak'al is the size of the player. Thus the Eye is also twice as big as Bak'al. Thus it can't be Bak'al's eye, as no living thing can have an eye twice as big as its entire body.
    2.: Bak'al was confused what his master meant by watching Wynn. If his eye was to be placed over Wynn, then he wouldn't have been confused.

13. TMoney1909

TMoney1909 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Doesnt Mr dern rip out his own eye and hand it to Bak'al? So its not Bak'als eye.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  14. Pallodium

Pallodium Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, the Eye as far as I know is only a fragment of the Dern Beasts power, while Orphion has all of Orphion's power. Thus, Orphion is not the counterpart of the Eye, but the counterpart of the Dern Beast, albeit Orphion being much weaker.

Also, under the Wiki's Orphion's Nexus of Light Page, it says something about "redness". What is that, and how did it get to the RoL?

Just to end this argument, how did you come to this conclusion where the Eye Is part of Bak'al? I don't know if any lore proves this theory.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Sg_Voltage likes this.
  15. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I really didn't mean to start an argument about lore lol, I was just pointing out that the eye was still the final boss, but I guess it turned into one, so that's my bad. Based on the SE ult discovery I figured based on the context that the Dern beast tore out Bak'al's eye since the context really leans towards that. I just kind of assumed that DB called in Bak'al, told him that he failed and then punished him by tearing out his eye and forcing him to look upon Wynn for him but I guess that's not what actually happened.

The fact that the eye is the Dern Beast tears out his own eye is just kind of dumb and it made more sense to me that the eye was Bak'al's I guess? For somebody who is all powerful and the ruler of what is basically absolute evil it's kind of weird that he doesn't have any clairvoyant or extrasensory powers. I think it's bad writing to have the Dern beast call in Bak'al to tell him he did a bad job, then basically say "don't worry though, I've got a fix for this" and have that solution not involve Bak'al in any real capacity beyond saying go to this place to put this down. The line "??? rips out one of his eyeballs." also isn't exactly well written, especially since "his" could refer to himself (which it does) or to Bak'al depending on how you read it. If it's supposed to be self referential, it should really say "??? rips out one of his own eyeballs" because on it's own and given the context, "his" is really ambiguous.

It's not really a theory, more of a misinterpretation and misunderstanding because the language used wasn't really the best. Appreciate the willingness to understand though <3

16. Pallodium

Pallodium Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, that actually could make sense as a misinterpretation.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  17. 4Shady2Me

4Shady2Me Well-Known Adventurer

upload_2021-3-4_20-51-2.png

18. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    E2F9E211-677C-44B3-B9DE-37BE7BF46D8E.jpeg
    I got quite a few likes from Salted so far, one of which was outside the meme thread (sadly I don’t keep track of them)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.