Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Tierlist But It's Not About Mythics This Time

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Kiocifer, Feb 9, 2021.

?

Strongest non-mythic weapon in the game?

1. Black

24.6%
  2. Cluster

5.2%
  3. Orange Lily

46.3%
  4. Event Horizon

0.7%
  5. The Forsaken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cryoseism

1.5%
  7. The Watched

2.2%
  8. The Nothing

12.7%
  9. Other (Comment Below)

6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiocifer

Kiocifer Creator of salteďpog3 and other monstrosities Modeler ✎ Artist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aight, I get it, tierlists are an old hat, hell, there's so many mythic tierlists that one could probably make a tierlist out of mythic tierlists.
    [​IMG]
    Anyways, they're overdone, (no offense to the creators), and quite frankly aren't applicable to the majority of players (Most players won't even have one mythic, matterless enough that a ranking of their power is important for buildmaking). Additionally, basically all mythics besides the A-wful squad (Az, Archangel, Alkatraz, and Agalleon) are strong enough that comparing them against the majority of content in the game is kinda moot- even the most mediocre of mythics is better than the best legendaries, so you're kinda just ranking above a level that players will reasonably achieve.

So I made a tierlist for Archer/Assassin/Mage that has absolutely *no* mythics (If you're wondering where the mythics would be on here, all the mage ones would be S or B for Gaia (lol), All S for Assassin (Besides C for Archangel), and All S for archer (Besides C for Az))

Here's how I ranked everything:

S: The best Non-Mythic Weapon for the class. Limited to 2 Max, if they clearly are stronger than their competition.
    A: Generally all pretty awesome choices, and are perfectly serviceable for making builds with.
    B: Either have amazing stats but finicky stipulations/are overshadowed by an S or A tier item, or are just pretty solid all-around.
    C: You probably won't see these used much, besides in gimmick builds, because they're usually pretty okay but with harsh downsides or are mediocre all around.
    D: Probably don't use these, unless you really have something you're trying to achieve like Phoenix Wand melee or something cursed, or are a mega hipster
    E/F: Little to no endgame application. The bottom of the barrel of weapons, really underwhelming all around. Don't use these.

(Everything's ranked purely on how they perform as a Primary weapon. This means KoH would be an automatic F so it's not included- likewise, weapons like slider and bonder are rated purely by how they are on their own)

Also the positon of the item doesn't matter; Cluster is not better than orange lily because it's closer to the left, I just made it by going down the list of legendary items by level and I can't be assed to arrange it.

[​IMG]
    I'll cover some of my choices, but obviously writing something about everything is overkill.
    Black is an easy S, pretty universally agreed to be the best non-mythic dagger, the collection of A-tier daggers below like Fate's Shear, Blur, Sider, and Sitis are basically all part of the same spellsteal family, but black is still the undisputed champion of that playstyle.

Blossom haze performs quite well, almost dealing mythic-level damage if made into a smoke focused build, but is generally glassier than most builds, so it's a tradeoff. Still interesting to see the meta for this dagger develop.

Bygones/Anvil Crawler are good melee choices, Both useful for heavy melee and bygones useful for fast melee as well.

Exploited has fallen off a bit since cancelstack nerfs, Limbo is still a nuker as always, but its downsides bring it down. Flameshot got really buffed in 1.20 with the new items, and is now easily capable of reaching 23k dps 188k ehp, which is kind of crazy. Otherwise, nothing else of much note.
    [​IMG]
    Archer is the only class to have 2 S-tier weapons as far as i'm aware, given how much dominance Orange Lily and Cluster have over basically every other spell bow in the game. Great options all around, really.

A tier is meanwhile filled with... melee bows? Yeah, archer has some damn good melee options. Stinger has insane heavy melee damage and lifesteal, plague is basically the same but works double time as a tierstack bow as well, and Anthracite is a defensive tank fast melee bow that has risen to popularity with harder content like TCC and ONOL being added.
    The Hive bow is good, and can reach similar damage to Cluster/Olily, but you need to give up a hive item which isn't great.

Evolved is a pretty polarizing pick, it's either S tier or D tier depending on how much you value heavy poison spell. I think it's cool, and a solid B tier choice. Gale's similarly is hated by classbuilders but loved by the masses; it has low base damage but that lovely walkspeed is hard to pass up. Overall still a solid choice that *can* work, but isn't as good as Olily/Cluster.

TTide and Spiritshock are basically just baby versions of Olily/Cluster so they're obviously down low, Hellstrand doesn't have much of a use, and RtE is a great secondary but only an okay primary bow.

Alka sucks. end of discussion.
    [​IMG]
    I'm gonna get some questions about this, but I genuinely do think that Event Horizon is the strongest non-mythic wand in the game. Granted, it's still a less obvious S than Olily/Cluster or Black, but I had to give mage something in S. Anyways, Event Horizon is extremely versatile, able to be built for spell, melee, defensive, glassy, basically anything you want, and it comes out basically better than any other wand (50k ehp, 17k meteors, 80k ehp, 15k meteors, 23k+ cancelstack dps, decent ehp, hell, you can even etw and get 23k meteors and still have 20k ehp)

A tier is full of a nice collection of solid wands. Out of them I'd say the weakest is Nepta, but they all hold their own quite well, with the nothing being the most unique.

B tier has Morrowind, which, while having not great damage, can be built rather defensively and with the addition of more air damage boosters will only grow stronger. Inversely, Judas is a very offensive wand, and deals tons of damage but is harder to build defensive. Both good choices. Of note, Hive wand is probably the weakest hive weapon compared to other choices, but it's still a must-have for earth spell.

C tier has lunar spine which is very polarizing, you either hate it or love it, and I think it's a solid C-tier pick. Compileris also neat, but criminally underused imo (Mage melee isn't great so I get why but it's sad). Manablast and Sequoia are both cool, I don't use them enough but they do what they do pretty well.

Bonder's an A-tier secondary but as a primary the damage really suffers.

Yellow rose is unapologetically the worst wand in the game at its level and you can't change my mind.

I might be making a tierlist for Warrior and Shaman, but I'll need to play them more or have a warrior main/shaman main make a tierlist for me.

If you have any questions about anything I didn't talk about, please ask them down below, this is one of my more guide-themed threads so it's hopefully somewhat educational.

If you think Peaceful rest is better than event horizon then try to change my mind :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  2. wxhlf

wxhlf wxhlf HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, time to bust out MY OWN tierlist

3. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Order those tiers kio ;;

wxhlf likes this.
  4. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no <3

wxhlf and Ronnoc like this.
  5. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn, poor yellow rose

wxhlf and Kiocifer like this.
  6. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    If any of you guys weren't here for the making of the tier list, Kiocifer absolutely insisted Yellow Rose be the only wand in F

MlecznyHuxel99 and Kiocifer like this.
  7. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    • Black is at the same level as Blur, Anvil Crawler, and maybe Hive Dagger
    • Hive Bow is the same tier as Cluster and Olily for sure. Also Gale's and Stinger should be higher imo.
    • Desperado kinda low... also you could have just not put anything in S for mage, cause none of them separate themselves imo.

wxhlf and Verle like this.
  8. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love black but I gotta say I think OL is a bit more overtuned

9. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    druser please I beg of you I have tried so much to build blur it never comes close to black.
    [​IMG]
    Also anvil crawler is good but there's other great hm options too, and even then anvil is just great due to being affordable. I can see hive dagger being Black-tier but no hive item drives it back down a tier in my book.
    Stinger in S is a hard sell for me, as much as I love hm archer, and I really can't agree with gales getting as much damage as other A-tiers. (Also agreed on hive bow but then again I had to deduct a tier because no hive items)
    Yeah desperado was kinda low but I haven't messed around with it enough and it's so niche that I wasn't able to find any convincing builds to make me shift it any higher.
    Also gotta give mage an S, otherwise how else can I justify spamming 10 event horizon builds to chry because he was a dumbdumb and thought that peaceful rest should be given S. (It's done for parallel construction I can't just not give mage an S, you feel me)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    CrunchyCol likes this.
  10. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior tier list will have nothing in S

dr_carlos and Ronnoc like this.
  11. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    move genoxyde up a few ranks if you want to see your family again

Bart (MC) likes this.
  12. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Forsaken and Undying are both pretty strong arguments for S, just because the weapons overall are weak doesn't mean there's strong choices amongst them.

aFireBlaze likes this.
  13. Pdunk

Pdunk I'm back baby CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’d at least say peaceful rest is a nudge higher than The Nothing, even if no significant advantage in combat, then at least for quality of life.
    It’s more often built with higher mr using 2/1 spellcosts, whereas The Nothing more often uses lower mr with 1/1 spellcosts. This lends to peaceful rest having an easier time healing and a much easier time flying with KoH offhand. Although it does have -ws, I value easier flying over -ws.

Never really looked into event horizon much but I’ll have to try it out.

And I agree, I’d put nepta solidly below prest/nothing, although not dramatically so.

14. Chrysitis

Chrysitis chrysitis VIP

Minecraft:
    WHERE is my credit kiocifer

15. Kiocifer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think The Nothing and Prest are pretty hard to compare but I'm inclined to agree, the list doesn't really rank things within an individual tier though, in case that's what you meant, I just threw things in based on when I grabbed them from the wynndata search (Which is why it's mostly high level > low level)

Pdunk likes this.
  16. Pdunk

Pdunk I'm back baby CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah I realized you weren’t ranking them within tiers on the tierlist. And I also agree that comparing prest and the nothing is hard and, ultimately, probably a matter of personal preference.

17. xSuper_Jx

xSuper_Jx IM | 119 Mythics Found Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    .it blur

10char

Kiocifer likes this.
  18. Ronnoc

Ronnoc Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This is awesome! I hope someone makes a warrior list ;)

19. thepicferret

thepicferret Chief of Avicia, Send help wynncraft addicted HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    S tier only has lunar spine which is the best wand, you either love it or love it, and I think it's a solid s+++-tier pick.

starx280 and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  20. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    *sad warrior noise*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.