Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

4 Of My Classes Deleted Themselves!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ChrisTheBear, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTheBear

ChrisTheBear Certificate III in Nature Wandering CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I literally have just lost 4 classes and I have no idea how or why! I was trying to figure out how to get rid of my class backups but it went terribly wrong! I have all of my class backup slots filled up and I didn't even back any of them up, I have no idea what the classes in my back up slots even are.

I restored the class backups then I deleted them, then they went back into the class backups slots, then I did /hub and came back in and a class I didn't even touch just deleted itself! I continued the same process hoping that if I keep deleting these backups which I have no idea what are (I think they might be classes I deleted months ago, maybe even years ago) and some of the back ups deleted, then new ones came through and I continued the process and did /hub and then my other classes deleted themselves too! Ive lost 3 of my classes and I am worrying hard

I lost my level 104 Shaman - My main fighting class and my long time worked on character
    My level 60 Warrior - One of my bank classes which held a bunch of potions and armour
    My level 26 Ninja - Another of my bank classes which held a full ingredient pouch of tier 2 ingredients, as well as other important items
    My level 51 Assassin - Another bank class which held all my dungeon rewards and a ingredient pouch 3 quarters full of important tier 3 ingredients. This was also my only class left in the Update Plaza

Please, can someone help me, these classes are so important to me, I can not allow this to happen. My classes have deleted themselves and I didnt even do anything to them that could cause this! all I did was recover old backup classes then delete them

please read the comments for more info

UPDATE: My classes could not be restored and they are gone forever and I feel extremely awful

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    FAZu, Azu, yuuenchi2 and 16 others like this.
  2. MonsterXHunter

MonsterXHunter Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    bump so MOD/DEV TEAM SEES THIS

3. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Problematic...

This may seem REALLY harsh but unfortunately Wynn has a no-refund policy on stuff like this. If you're lucky you might get your classes back but they'll be missing all of their items

Did you, by any chance, do a class reskin on those classes? (changed them to a vip and above exclusive skin like skyseer for instance). That seems to cause some bugs with save data. In the beta, i reskinned my mage and it duped those classes as level 1s and reset all my discoveries

4. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is weird ... I really hope that this is an exception to the no-refund policy... loosing classes to a bug seems like the worst that can happen

5. ChrisTheBear

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn’t re-skin them, I’ve only reskinned my archer to hunter and that is still there. I can not be content with this, I literally have lost weeks of work because of an issue that I did not cause. I can not accept this, I will lose motivation to play Wynncraft and I DO NOT want that to happen. Surely if classes that I deleted in the past, before class backups even existed, still exist, then surely these classes must be recoverable, the old backups still had items on them
    Also can I ask, how the hell are you even supposed to make class backups?? When the update came out, the 5 backup slots were filled with useless level 40 and below classes I didn’t want that I didn’t even put there, and yet the classes I wanted to back up can’t be.

I LITERALLY CAUSED THIS BY TRYING TO PREVENT IT! The only reason I was meddling with backups was so that I can back up my most important classes so that incase they should even accidentally get deleted, they would still be there

Samsam101 likes this.
  6. Shortsightedness

Shortsightedness Somehow the IGN doesn't change on forums VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't there a class deletion cooldown? If your class is level 104 shouldn't it take 1 month to delete?
    But anyways Im not Champion rank so I don't know how class backup works but I'm pretty sure when you delete a class it doesn't just disappear instantly

7. ImTheSnail

ImTheSnail bad CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I've also lost some of my classes due to this, I think it just randomly happens when you delete classes

this really needs to be fixed, it's pretty game breaking

8. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One of champion rank's perks is supposed to be instant class deletion.

9. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I think i see what happened now. The only way to get a class backup is to delete the class. Some sort of bug happened with it and you lost all of your classes. Unfortunately you won't get them back. Sorry :(

10. Yraw

Yraw Water Fountain

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Should be on a toggle tbh or just an option when you delete a class instead of it auto doing it

btdmaster, dr_carlos, Iboju and 4 others like this.
  11. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I understand the no-refund policy, but I have to agree with OP here. That is way too harsh to do nothing about, and downright cruel if there is a way a Dev can restore his classes.

Azu, Miles_, Wolfdragon24 and 9 others like this.
  12. Fingolfin

Fingolfin High king of the Noldor

Minecraft:
    exactly
    getting your main classes auto deleted and dev team not restoring it is just way to harsh

Azu and Miles_ like this.
  13. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Devs need to look at this, they probably have but yet to acknowledge the issue. This I've never seen before

Miles_ likes this.
  14. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Hi!

Our team is working on finding and fixing this issue with classes and backups deletion, we are sorry that this happened to you, once we have resolved this issue we will attempt to restore your classes. Due to the nature of the issue, it may take some time, once it is done we will send you a private message on the forums informing you of your classes restoration.

Hams

15. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah i really hope the classes get reinstated
    Thank you

16. ChrisTheBear

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I deleted a lot of those back up classes yesterday and some had up to a 40 minute cool down and some were instant, but the ones I deleted were the ones I didn't want and were level 40 and below
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    FoxxoChan, coolname2034 and Samsam101 like this.
  17. zThana

zThana New Mage VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sounds extremely worrisome, I hope you get it resolved!

ChrisTheBear likes this.
  18. Gohhena

Gohhena Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    HEY, it's a bug with Wynn tills make sure you update Wynn tills to the latest version and it will fix it, this gave me a mini heart attack as well.

19. ChrisTheBear

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't use Wyntills, I never have

dr_carlos likes this.
  20. Gohhena

Gohhena Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    maybe u should try using wynntills it might fix it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.