Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

My Issues With Modern Wynncraft And 1.20 In Particular

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by StormKing3, Jan 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wizconsin

Wizconsin Official Cheese Man VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok many problems with this, firstly the one I disagree with most is that fabled items don’t deserve their own tier.

Fabled items were introduced as a new rarity of items because they were more powerful

time rift being able to cast two spells for the price of one is absurd along with its massive spell damage increase

nighthawk was welll... nighthawk

draoi fair and all of the other order fableds are overpowered

I just recently got my hands on a RoTS and it’s fuckin insane, the item itself buffed warrior.

and many others which I am most likely forgetting about. My point is that fableds are very cool IMO.

I also agree with some people on this thread that if you don’t like it you don’t have to play it. It seems you are discontent with features a lot of other players have come to love and are beating it down just for the sake of being controversial. That doesn’t mean I disagree with everything you said as champion is for sure p2w with pets and bomb bell, bu it still feels like you are disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing.

(plus dwarves and doguns is the best quest line in the game apart from maybe the silent expanse quest line change my mind)
    I agree with this too, my guild is very chill (hack forums) it feels like a very rewarding experience to have friends online that you can ask things too, ask for help and tips. I don’t know what guild stormking was in but he for sure wasn’t in the right one.

hirotoy0 and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  2. StormKing3

StormKing3 Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The trouble is I sort of agree that they should have their own tier, my point is that if they do then they should be either objectively or at least subjectively better. I feel like a lot of people here just glossed over what I wrote and didn't take it in, I don't think they should exist as a category for the sake of existing, they're higher than legendaries so therefore some of them should be better than most legendaries.

Thank you for mentioning these

I've owned my own guild for 6 years, I was referencing guild alliances and higher guilds with annoying people in them, step up and read everything.

I knew it was going to be poorly received and controversial to the masses, I don't want to say I'm beating it down because I still love the server, it's my favourite server. But it's gotten worse in recent years, and even though there's a lot of improvement some of my favourite things have gone (quests mostly, and half moon island).

Oh sod off you, haha

3. Morgan83

Morgan83 Too lazy to change from Xmas picture HERO

Minecraft:
    what hes saying is that the basic materials, ie the wood and wheat have different rarities and i fully agree that its a stupid system
    i ALSO think that proffessions are WAY too grindy. i personally think that your gathering should be synonymous with your actual character level and that the crafting exp was the only thing you had to level up at the bare minimum and if not that then i think that you should just be able to gather and craft something as long as its within your combat exp range

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    StormKing3 and Wizconsin like this.
  4. Wizconsin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do know that many people do not feel the same but I actually enjoy professions because it gives me something to do in the endgame. While I realize they are not for everyone they are a passive thing I can do while watching Netflix or something or the sort. I don’t know why but I’m okay with grinding, plus it also is very rewarding at the end being able to craft anything you want to basically.

Bwitty03, Sg_Voltage and StormKing3 like this.
  5. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes! I meant that as well, difficult to convey. Thanks for responding ;)

That's very impressive, how do you manage that?

Wizconsin likes this.
  6. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Pet damage - fair for everyone, although you shouldn't have to go to the store to get them
    Pet tasks - p2w
    Cosmetic - neutral. As long as it is fair...

Maybe a note abouz Az runes that are used ONCE and nonsensically?

From my perspective, most of your post is just mostly hate (yes, I have seen the 3 sections about good things).

Also: this is a perfect example of Feedback section post.

Wizconsin likes this.
  7. Wizconsin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean I go to a certain area like let’s just say I’m farming sorghum in cork us I will sort of memorize where the nodes are and turn on a show in the other half of my screen.

8. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pet damage only goes up to about 400 doesn't it, so it's stupid. Cosmetic is absolutely fair, I have no iseue with that. Pet tasks I agree with you agreeing with me (hehe).

I've never heard of those before

Yes it is, hate for the features I mentioned. Not the actual server overall, which I still like a lot. Obviously I mentioned the stuff I really enjoy, and the new features which are good but a lot of the new stuff I don't like. If it was a review of the actual server 90% would be positive, this is of new features

Ok, must be a bit of a pain with a small screen though

9. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Ngl I think Mansion Delivery had its charm, I wish they hadn't replaced it
    Also Mansion Delivery could be speedran, Dwelling Walls is a pain

StormKing3 likes this.
  10. Wizconsin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s actually not that bad lol

11. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    This is an unfair reply from both you and anyone else who has not truly seen the inner workings of Guilds. Guilds are actually very nice, and while the politics and drama between them can get intense, it doesn't mean that they're bad people. I've met and befriended a ton of guild players who most likely have had heated debates and drama between other guilds. They're all nice people.
    Guilds complain so much because they feel mistreated and neglected years after their inception. Even with the Guild Rework, Guilds are unsatisfied due to the fact that it not only brought so much (maybe too much) change, but a lot of that change is either controversial or downright negative.

I really do want to emphasize to both you and others who say Guilds are evil: You don't know the truth until you're involved with one yourself. I also once thought Guilds were just whiny people until I actually looked at what they have had to go through for years, and see that under that toxicity the community is astonishingly kind and welcoming.

12. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for your relatively eloquent response, I've owned my own guild for 6 years. I have a problem with large guilds part of the unofficial alliance system. Look at any guild page, they won't take people under a certain level, that's because they only want people who give them a lot of xp. Nasty competitive atmosphere, there's nothing wrong with friendly competition but you know what I mean don't you. Guilds aren't evil necessarily but the large ones almost all are, let's hope 1.20 does something with that eh. Saw some official alliance system

RHFMarksman likes this.
  13. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    They are used for the Grootslang Raid.
    TCC and Orphion use Uth and ToL runes respectively.

Whyy not use Nii instead of introducing new rune...

"new" from what I have seen.

Sorry, for me you just sound like the classic I-hate-everything.
    Please do not take it personally, but this is how this post feels to me.

14. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Level 60 players don't have access to Nii runes which are found in level 70 areas.

AlleonVera likes this.
  15. StormKing3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No you're alright, go look up my reviews of quests in other threads, I shower praise on the old ones (and a few of the new). The "I-hate-everything" thing is complete bollocks and I don't know why you keep saying that, read the god-damn things I type before swiftly reaching for the worst possible conclusion you can.

16. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Well, yes but still, it is the only usage when in other cases you use already existing runes.

Read the post twice btw.
    And if this is the worst, then it is not that bad. But let's not get deeper into it, for the sake of us both.

I guess I shouldn't read it after 90+ notifications...

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  17. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    "every single quest in the silent expanse I hated - yes hated, even point of no return which was moderately clever it had huge gameplay issues and the story was, eh."

Actually, you did, try reading your own post before telling me what you did or did not say, either that or try and explain how saying that you hated every single SE quest doesn't actually mean that.

"Guilds are toxic, tryhards and angry people fill them"

Doesn't sound like a small percentage to me, sounds like you need to clarity your point if that's what you intended to say.

"I did have an argument but I forgot to include my 4000 character essay, deepest apologies. What do you want me to say, what would you say. The 50% profession bonus should be for everyone as that is an unbalanced perk"

Lol, actually a clever thing to say, I respect it, glad you have a sense of humor about these things. As for my point, what I want you to say is why you think it's bad for the game. You say that it gives massive advantages and nobody uses it, which isn't remotely true (at least that last half), as your only written issues with it existing but those are kind of conflicting points, if nobody uses it even if it gives massive advantages, why is it a problem? I agree that PVP in Wynn is bad, but the hunted meta isn't really about PVP, it's about hunting down profession players. Based on your opinion on professions, I think you would probably love sneaking up on profers and stealing their stuff, this is coming from a profer too so you know I'm not trying to lie to you.

As for champion, my whole point is that if you want to say P2W is bad, you need to be ready to explain why it isn't good for the game or community. You listed why stuff was bad in a way I guess, but saying "yawn" or "unfair if you ask me" aren't really compelling arguments as to why something is bad, they're just kind of weak expressions of your opinion. I have no idea why you don't like P2W in a game where you don't need to interact with anybody to get the full experience and others spending money really only serves to lower market prices on goods. If you had complained about professions being P2W by nature because they're designed to not be possible without all the bombs meaning realistically only paying players can actually do them, we might be on the same page, plus you would have some support to list issues with the bomb bell beyond it being unfair to you. That's what I mean by an argument, it addresses an issue but then it does the important part of actually explaining why it's an issue which is the part you kept missing in your original post.

Finally, No, I'm not "trying to police what he does and doesn't want on his forum." Just like you're free to make bad posts, I'm free to criticize you for doing so. If I wanted to police the forums, I could have reported the post (which would accomplish nothing admittedly) or I would have told you at some point to delete the post, which I did not in fact do. What I did do is tell you to vent in a more productive way, how you go about that is up to you, you can update the original post to make it better, or you can rewrite it and repost it so we can see what you think in a way that isn't just an angry rant. I actively encouraged you to develop your ideas so it's kind of rude to turn around and suggest that I don't want you to share your opinion on the game.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  18. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Az runes were always meant to be implemented so saying that this raid will be its only use is true currently but might also be false in the future (Do not quote me on that though since I cannot predict the future sadly...). They were always meant to be implemented at some point and now felt like a good time since the level 60 raid needed a rune.

AlleonVera, Bwitty03 and Sg_Voltage like this.
  19. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think when Nii runes launched they only had a couple uses too, whenever they have level 60-70 content from now on it'll use Az runes instead of Nii (70), Uth (80) or Tol (100). We're also eventually going to see a fifth rune to fill in the gap between Uth and Tol iirc. so every 10 levels has a unique rune, for better or for worse.

MlecznyHuxel99 and nicktree like this.
  20. (Prefix)Hypickle

(Prefix)Hypickle Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    How is the trade market unfair to unranked players if it's continuously down .-.

Blizzard102030 and Bwitty03 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.