Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hey, Why Wasn't There A Rollback? ( Massive Dupe Issue Discussion )

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Saya, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Think about the scale of this. Millions of le.

Losing a few le means nothing when the alternative is having all your le being effectively worthless. Please, just think a bit.

2. SelectorOfSouls

SelectorOfSouls MMO Addict VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with you. I'm just saying that there are alternative solutions to the issue. I would prefer a rollback honestly, but I heavily doubt it's going to happen and I'm looking at other ways to fix the market.

starx280 and RenZenthio like this.
  3. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If no rollback is done then unimaginable amount of hours will be lost
    The economy took years to develop to where it was at, a week of progress or years of progress wasted?
    I think it's better to waste the week and have a rollback
    FULLY IN SUPPORT OF ROLLBACK

4. Doggoluver

Doggoluver Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I Think The Most obvious thing to do here is to reset all actions is the past 5 days while keeping the levels quests and profs done while reseting all inventory bank and trademarket, while this might screw over people who have gotten mythics in the past few days they would not be able to sell these mythics for months at a reasonable price so it would honestly not be that much of a loss, and people like me who spent 1 stx on a bad rr would be happi

Shoefarts likes this.
  5. MasterofEternity

MasterofEternity Shark Cat HERO

Minecraft:
    They might just reset the market tbh. Just straight up wipe it and reset it, if they cant delete the duped emeralds...

6. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please add a poll so admins can see the support quantatively

7. Xynq

Xynq to pimp a butterfly VIP+

Minecraft:
    This all sucks :(

MlecznyHuxel99 and Saya like this.
  8. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just hope if/when there will be a rollback, the admins have a way of preserving the level and xp data.
    I'll not even care about the hundreds of stacks of materials if I keep the lvls I have grinded for.

9. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    too many issues with a poll though, we discussed it on ain disc a lot and it just didn't feel like a good idea

RenZenthio and •WhiteWolf• like this.
  10. Dungrim

Dungrim Dwarven Supremacy VIP+

Minecraft:
    Any chance of asking for an official response from Administration regarding this whole issue? We have quite a few people refusing to play before a response as to not waste their time.

11. Solaire0fAstora_

Solaire0fAstora_ Praising the sun VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I find it funny that I found my first 2 mythics specifically after the possible rollback day. And btw, I don't think a rollback would be all that good. For new players that don't really care about economy and stuff and just want to do quests/explore, it would be really bad for them to lose all the progress. But still, for older players or those who use the TM a lot, not rolling back will still be a problem. Kinda sucks.

12. PrisonNightmare

PrisonNightmare Wynncraftian Philanthropist CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    They've been quiet on this issue as of now, weird they haven't really announced or said anything at all aside from that single instance AFAIK. Crazy to me they are being silent still for this whole ordeal. Not sure why they would, but I guess they have their reasons.

But yeah, wouldn't get your hopes up until they take definitive action.

RenZenthio and TrapinchO like this.
  13. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good that theyre looking into other solutions, a rollback should be the absolute last resort anyway.

RenZenthio and Shoefarts like this.
  14. Arkade

Arkade Who am I? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We should expect response since it is a MAJOR issue that is propably the most important subject in wynn right now. I would expect it fairly soon if Crunkle decided to say anything in that matter.

15. Vendenar

Vendenar The Alchemist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hi

so I get that I'm probably underestimating this dupe and that previously "poor" AND "rich" people abused this bug and I get that for the mythic economy the dupe was absolutely horrid, but the people who mainly got duped LE won't influence the non-mythic market even close as much as the mythic market, considering most of the players who abused the tm bug are (probably) mainly the ones who already have mythics and thus would only use that money to buy new mythics

and since the mythic market is such a niche part of the game that many players don't access either way unless they randomly get lucky I don't see how it affects more casual players and the entire economy as a whole so much that it would justify a rollback

let's say there's around 100 people who have actively abused that bug and who will try to buy stuff with their duped LEs, how are those people supposed to, unless they actively do it with the intent of destroying it, greatly affect the non-mythic market
    the non-mythic market is playground for so many fucking players that the people who have all this LE now would have to make a completely disproportional amount of non-mythic purchases to really damage it
    like ofc it will affect the market as a whole but I really don't see how this will necessarily be as damaging to the entire economy as this thread says

even if this affects more people in a worse manner than I am assuming, I still think that a rollback is over the top either way as this is a problem mainly affecting a small part of the playerbase and securing the non-mythic market should be possible through manual moderation by the mods

a rollback would affect everyone, while this dupe likely won't affect everyone to the same extent as a rollback would, aslong as the mods intervene and help out with certain things

TheEpicCajun, Sar, Lego_DW and 3 others like this.
  16. FrozenGalaxy

FrozenGalaxy Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    However far spread the le is, if there are market logs, than it can be easily rolled back.

Any programmer with mind makes logs. And looking at the previous dupes (many related to the trade market) they HAD TO make one.

17. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah I found something pretty cool too and would suck to lose it. (I found it like 12h before the TM broke so idk if I would lose it or not). But I mean if it's gonna fix the economy then it's probably worth it.

18. Mimo

Mimo Discord Moderator Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Unless they find another way to fix it, which I can't imagine what would be. I absolutely fully support this! I just hope they make a decision soon instead of staying quiet.

rubenmcc and RenZenthio like this.
  19. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really hope they do a rollback Rollback everything except experience And so new players don't quit They could manually check new player inventories and copy the new player inventories to the rollbacked version Meaning: No more Duped Le Experience grinding not wasted New players don't quit

20. Triflame

Triflame the 69% man CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    as long as a rollback won't inappropriately touch my ironman classes or brings one of them back to life
    YEET

starx280 and Isabeau37 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.